1. yournamehere

yournamehere New Member

Writing a debate piece

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by yournamehere, Oct 19, 2009.

In forensics and debate, there are various acting events based on scripts or prose. I was curious, because posting a work here is 'technically' published, would NFL allow a piece posted here to be used? I have seen performances based on youtube videos. Because the theory is still the same, could I publish a piece here and allow a friend to use it in a debate tournament?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The Review Room is insufficiently private from the standpoint of asserting to a publisher that your piece is not previously published. However, it is insufficiently public to cite as a source in a scholarly work, because it is not viewable without creating an account.

If this seems inconsistent, there is a difference between the ease of creating a completely anonymous account and not needing any account at all. For the two contexts involved, that difference is significant.

3. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

Just speculating: what if it was in a blog with the option checked so that non-members could view it?

You could ask the person that wrote the piece to put it in a blog.