Tags:
  1. VictorP

VictorP New Member

Script Writing: How Do You Do it?

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by VictorP, Apr 29, 2008.

So I watched a horrible film called "Unholy" last night and my family talked about how a 3 y.o. could write a better screenplay. Well I was thinking about doing just that b/c it was a great idea gone horribly awry.

Well, I set to work on writing a screenplay to fill my time, but i first wanted to see if i could get a feel for how its done... i. think. my. mind. exploded. i never realized just how much it really took (creative writing books dont tell u jack) so here i am asking for not a few pointers on how to write screenplays. I am, however, pleading for a lot of help in my endeavors.

So if you know what you're doing (heck, if u think you know what ur doing) please give me anything and everything you've got because this movie needs a makeover and i would lover to be the one to do it.

Thanks ever so much!
    ~Victor P.~​

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i mentor/help a lot of aspiring screenwriters, so you can email me for all the basics and pointers on how to write a marketable one... and help while learning how, if you want it... keep in mind, however, that screenwriting is the most specialized of all the written arts and takes years for most folks to get good enough at it to write one that can be sold... a sad fact of life in the film industry is that the average first script sale by a newbie is the NINTH one s/he has written...

as for a 'makeover' of the one you saw, forget it!... the movie, its plot and characters all belong to the producer/s, who own the copyright, and you can't legally do that without their permission...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. VictorP

VictorP New Member

i know that much. ive done my homework on such things like that but i wanted to do it more for myself and for the practice. i realize that its tough and i prolly wont get it right the first, second, third, etc time. I plan on grauating soon and my job now allows me for a lot of free time in which to engross myself in my work. thanks ever so much and look for my email very soon.

4. OverlyHonest

OverlyHonest New Member

If you just want a tool to help wrap your head around screen writing you might try
    HTML:
    http://www.plotbot.com/
    . It will show you how a script is laid out. I am 70% sure you don't have to share your work using this but make sure to read the EUA before using it for any serious projects.