1. Robert_S

Robert_S Contributing Member

Script writing related

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Robert_S, Jan 13, 2014.

I'm not sure how I found this site, but I've read through some of the articles on the don'ts and they make sense, for the most part. Sometimes, it's better to hear the don't do this rather than the do this.

I think one common theme is spelling, grammar and punctuation. It shows someone who doesn't know their own language and doesn't care.

http://www.screenwritingspark.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-screenwriting-mistakes/

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

'spag' mistakes must be avoided in any kind of writing, not just screenwriting, if one hopes to make a career as a writer of one breed or another...

since you say this is 'script writing related' why did you post the thread here, instead of in the 'scripts' section?... especially as it doesn't seem to be 'research' related...

3. Robert_S

Robert_S Contributing Member

The reason I didn't post it there is I assumed it was for WIP, not guidelines on how not to write a script.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

good point... I just checked and it does mention only posting scripts...

but this is still not really about doing 'research' so I'd suggest using the 'general' section for 'general' questions such as this,... you can ask a mod to move it, if you want...

hugs, m