1. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

Digital pens

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Lea`Brooks, Dec 3, 2016.

I'm thinking of getting one of those pens that record what you write so you can transfer it to your computer. Has anyone else bought one? Does it work well? Any specific suggestions for which one I should get?

2. Scot

Scot Senior Member

Personally I like the traditional WORM system.

Write
    Once
    Read
    Many

It comprises a pen, or pencil, and a notebook.

In my defence, I've never heard of a digital pen that does what you describe.

3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I'd never heard of them either, so I had a google , they look like a good idea but goddamn they're expensive

Along the way i found this http://www.toptenreviews.com/electronics/family/best-digital-pens/ which you might find useful

4. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

Yeah, I've been looking at reviews too. But sometimes reviewers don't mention all of the negatives, so I was hoping to find someone who's experienced them first hand.

A lot of them can connect to a phone app, but I want it to be compatible with my laptop instead, since that's where I do my writing. I also want it to work with all paper, not just the special kind. Because I go through some notebooks. And I don't wanna be spending hundreds of dollars on expensive notebooks just because that's all the pen will work on.

Guess I'll do more research. :D

5. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Dunno about your handwriting, but mine is so bad I can't even read it, couldn't expect a pen to have any clue what I was trying to say.

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Ive got a feeling that you train them by writing certain words, like with voice recognition software