Scrolls of Iria: The Isle of the Sun

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by Fan7asticMrFox, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Shango

"Dammit... if it weren't for the bows and that gap... I could just make a run for it and draw their attention, allowing everyone to escape and get proper equipment... and I could go and grab my own and make these bastards pay."

Shango glowered at the filthy Mercs standing in the shadows and patted Joe on the back. "Do not worry, my loyal friend," he said, still glaring at the Mercs. "You may still get your chance to forfeit your life in exchange for our freedom. Do not despair, Joe!"

And then, oddly enough, Syl started making excuses for the guards, almost as if she was on their side. Shango was about to ask if she was in her right mind, but then he remembered what she had told him about striking when the time was right and he gave her a slow smile. Syl was only trying to keep them alive, he thought, she's biding her time for the right moment!

But at that very moment, Maiya Gwyther chose to make herself known. She boldly insulted the mutinous guards and Shango jumped in front of her, as if to block her barbed words. "She meant no harm!" Shango squeaked, smiling as hard he could. "Please don't shoot us!" Then he whispered over his shoulder, "Do you want them to kill us?! And by the way, my name is Shango, nice to meet you."

2. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

"Oh five divines you're all loonier than a spirit merchant - without the bleedin' high that comes with it." Zach the crew member sneered at them all and dragged his blade fast across the iron bars, the sparks lighting up in his angry eyes. "Now gets your arses on the fucking wall. We'll chain you up otherwise." Zach looked at the pirates to his right and nudged his head forward, "block up that hole."

They moved forward to the bars and jerked in all kinds of metal and wood splints into the gap, spending a good few minutes putting layer after layer of weapon and tools down, to the point where one of the pirates cut his hand. Zach simply laughed, "Hmmph, that oughta do it." He turned to address the prisoners and flicked his blade towards them, "Now no more funny shit, or I'll take up that offer on the green cloaked bitch." He starred at The Bard with a dark little grin and slipped his other hand into his trousers, "I wonder which of my swords will be more painful."

He held his stare a little too long and another pirate grabbed him by the shoulder, which angered Zach. He kneed the bastard right in the nuts and watched him crumble to the ground, "You don't get to touch me. Now get back on post." Zach walked backwards towards the door, still facing the group, "We'll be just outside. So shut up." The other pirates shuffled out the door first, before Zach slammed it shut.

3. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Syl Nerrier

After the ruckus was over, and their captors departed, Syl sat quietly, with her hands in her lap, toying with the folds of her parasol, with a rather pleased look upon her face. A long silence settled over the room before she leaned over toward the green-cloaked bard and whispered:

"I think he likes you."

She sat up straight and her smile seemed to grow ever-so slightly before she leaned over again and added:

"A lot."

JessWrite likes this.
  4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

The Bard’s face went ghost white at the man who clearly wanted her and at Syl’s words. The young woman was silent for a moment. Her harmonica falling out of her hand; the waterworks were beginning to once again well in her eyes.

The others watched as her breath quicken and with a roar of sheer of terror, The Bard let out a cry.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Her shrieks of horror could of broken glass.

"Nononononono!" The Bard heaved. "I....I....can't, gonna be sick again." With those final lines a wave of nervous spew ejected itself from her mouth in the direction of the ever so grinning Syl's face.

5. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

Saorla double checked her magical capabilities, her list of mundane healing methods, the human and elf anatomy she had studied. She checked a list of potions, which she may not have been able to make herself, but their uses she knew. And when she was done checking all her knowledge of healing she was sure of this fact.

You couldn’t cure stupid.

These people could not be cured by her talented hands. Insulting armed guards, shooting your fingers as weapons, that…. Noise… the bard made. These people were insane, so ridiculous it almost made her smile.

“Yeah, that’s broken” spoke one of the latest to join their party.

“Need some assistance with that?” She offered her hands glowing lightly already coming towards him to heal, until a very loud scream made her lose her concentration… the bard again.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  6. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Syl Nerrier

"Nononononono!" the girl screeched.

With a sigh, Syl opened her parasol, just as a fountain of half-digested food splattered across its surface, pelting the floor and wall, leaving the Sun Elf sitting in a dry island amidst a sea of vomit. “Predictable,” Syl said as she shook the chunks off her parasol which, once again, was doubling as an umbrella.

“Tell me, dear, is your sole purpose in this world to torment others? Were you sent here to enrage me?” she asked, earnestly. “You’ve done it once. Congratulations, for that is more than most can say. But never again, darling. Never again.

She huffed, stood up, tiptoed through the puddle of splooge and relocated herself to a less vomit-strewn section of the cage, before taking a seat, smoothing her dress, and fiddling with the lace trim of her parasol… which was miraculously clean. Magic, obviously.

“Henceforth, consider yourself ignored,” she said, without even looking at the bard. “Should I find you dangling from a cliff or set upon by wolves or mounted by a gang of randy sailors, I shall not lift a finger to save you. As it should be. Goodbye.”

Macaberz likes this.
  7. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

"My guess would be the sword made out of steel." I said as soon as the men were outside and the door was shut. "Just sayin', he's probably a very... small man." I said grinning. I had to stay in good spirits... these men thought that they'd won already. They'll let their guards down and we'll find a way out of this situation. I winced as the damned bard began screeching again, I backed away as she nearly vomited on Syl. "Urgh... you're completely worthless." I said finally, walking to the other end of the cage by Syl, not wanting to hear her. "I swear... the first chance I get, I'm throwing her overboard." I muttered to myself.

8. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Shango

When the Bard projectile vomitted and Syl reflected it everywhere with her parasol, Shango merely waved his hand in a wide circle and the wind formed a shield of hard rotating air in front of him. The vomit hit the invisible shield and splatted on the floor and the ceiling instead of covering him.

Syl announced that henceforth she would not associate herself with The Bard and Shango did not blame her. It seemed like the Bard's mission in life was to anger Syl, and that was not a wise endeavor: Syl did not seem like the kind of person that tolerated nuisances.

"Ms Bard," Shango said in a flat tone. "If you keep up these antics I will be forced to put you to sleep." Then he looked down at the floor and made a small gesture, his eyes narrowed in fierce concentrate. A quick burst of wind swept across a spot on the floor and he sat on the clean area, folding his legs together and closing his eyes tightly.

If he couldn't fight and he had to be in this vomit-covered cell, then he might as well meditate. Or else he might just attack the Mercs out of sheer boredom.

9. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Edolas and Eva
    Edolas had not once closed his eyes again as soon as the storm was upon them. Neither did Eva. Rage clouded his vision as he saw worry, and then fear, cross his sister's features, and he stroked her head reassuringly as she hid tucked under one of his arms in the corner.

An hour later he heard it. Like a crack of thunder, the air changed, and it rumbled through the ship in the form of men's footsteps. Gritting his teeth as his ears swiveled to follow the movement, then the cry of other people as they were attacked, he shoved his sister behind him and pushed himself into a crouching position on the cot, the old wooden supports groaning from the weight.

Rattling. Squeaking boards. Edolas grit his teeth harder, his feral yellow eyes glinting with battle rage as the door burst open.

The mutineers were not prepared for the beast that sprang at them. Kicking off the cot and launching himself, Edolas closed the distance quickly and slammed his bulk into the first merc, slamming him into the corner of the doorframe and crushing his ribs and spine before he could react. The other was shoved back outside and yelled in alarm as pulverized flesh and bone dropped heavilly to the floor, and when the mercenary's gaze met Edolas's, the man went bone white at the deadly animalistic gaze he found there.

The man bolted, and Edolas kicked the body away before he slammed the door shut and then proceeded to shove a chest from the far wall into the door to block it. "You keep your eyes closed Eva?"

"Yes sir..." His sister muttered quietly, and he glanced back to be sure. The girl had wrapped her arms around her head as soon as he'd sprang and hadn't let go yet.

"I'm sorry Evs. Looks like it's going to get scary again." The regret in his voice ached in every bone of his body. He had left their birthplace with her to escape this madness...

"It's okay, Eddie. You're the scariest thing around." she peeked at him from between her fingers and smiled timidly. "You're the monster in a nightmare."

The smile he returned to her was forced.

This time the footsteps were louder, and larger in number. The mercenaries knew of him. He had broken one of the sailor's wrists and had kept well clear of him whenever he was about on deck. But times had changed.

Bracing his feet on the swaying and bucking floor, Edolas laid both hands on the chest and watched as a heavy body slammed into the doorframe, making the oak creak and groan as it bent, but held. He growled and blinked when the next body slammed, then another. But patience was not on his side, as one of the men outside cursed and he saw the glint of metal through the keyhole before a blade stabbed through the wood and sent splinters into his face.

Roaring, Edolas jerked back and swiped at his eyes, and heard the scrape of wood moving.

His sister screamed something, and the world went black.

Sobbing. Clinking. So... heavy...

"Yer lucky we decided to take ye alive ya drow dog. We'll probably fetch a pretty penny for ye." a raspy voice mocked him in the ear and Edolas lunged, only to be jerked back by the iron manackles that had been shackled to his wrists and ankles. He jerked when something small pressed against him, but quickly recognized it as his sister and loomed around her, his lips curled back in a feral snarl.

A heavy crack across the back sent him stumbling, "Get movin'!" another, higher-pitched voice screamed from behind, and the two men whipped and slashed him with the flats of their blades until he was forced into a cell with a group of other prisoners.

With a laugh, one of the men decided to add to the cruelty and jammed a foot under Edolas's ankle as he stepped inside, tripping him. Eva gasped in fear, but he wrapped his chained arms around his sister and hit the floor with a wet smack, the stench of vomit entering his nostrils.

But the man that had tripped him did not count for how heavy Edolas was, and had his own foot caught against the floor as Edolas fell. When Edolas next looked up, the man screamed in pain, hopping on one foot, the other twisted unnaturally to the side.

"I'll fekking kill you I will! See that I don--"

CLANG!

Both men squealed and jumped back as a demon crashed against the wall of the cage, shaking its very foundations.

Edolas merely glared, his manacled fists shaking in rage and his powerful, armored body glistening with sweat and blood from the man he had crushed earlier.

"Touch my sister again and I will rip every last one of your spines out." he growled lowly. Huddled up against his belly and keeping her feet on his to avoid the floor, the girl had hugged her arms around his stomach and stared fearfully about her. And as the men backed slowly away, he withdrew from the wall and dropped into a crouching position around her, ignoring the mess on the floor and the squelch of his boots. Blood seeped from the lashes across his back and a lump the size of an egg formed at the back of his head, and his body shook with rage, yet the giant coddled the tiny female drow hidden away in his protective embrace and seemed to feel none of it.

10. #Otaku

#Otaku Member

Evan Major

Evan hurriedly hopped backwards as vomit splattered the floor near him. He wrinkled his nose, surprised that the girl, he wasn't sure of her name, could regurgitate so much food in one sitting.

"Blood and ashes, girl, she simply said that she thinks he likes you!" Evan said, raising his voice slightly. "There's no need to vomit all over the cage floor, this experience was unpleasant enough without you stinking the place up with your half digested food!" His blue eyes flashed, and the irish lilt to his voice became more noticeable, like it did whenever he was angry. True, he had been vomiting everywhere a few moments ago, but at least that had been in the hold, where people could come and clean it up, or move away from the offending smell, not in a confined cage where everyone was trapped close to it!

Evan looked up as he heard the sounds of snarling, and blades hitting flesh somewhere closer. Before long, he saw the two Drow he had seen earlier, the small female cowering under the protective shadow of the huge, male Drow. The two were forced into the cage, some cowardly crew member tripping them, causing them to fall with a sickening splat into the vomit.

"I'll fekking kill you I will! See that I don--" The male Drow screamed, ramming himself against the cage. When he drew back, Evan saw for the first time the wounds the crew members had inflicted on him. It was clear the Elf hadn't gone down without a fight.

"Touch my sister again and I will rip every last one of your spines out."
    The Drow cradled his sister.

"I think you'll have to fight some of us for that honour," Said Evan, his hands on his hips, but a slight smile toying around the corners of his mouth. "There are a number of us here who would flay those men alive for what they're doing to us." He held out his hand for the Drow to shake.
    "I'm Evan Major, or as some call me, the Great Larcenist. But I have no intention of stealing from all of you, provided that you do not turn on me. Much as it pains me to say something so soppy and overused, we're all in this together, and the only way we're going to escape this is working together."

11. Arvak

Arvak Member

“Need some assistance with that?”

Max looked up to see someone offering their hands with a slight glow from what he guessed was magic. "yeah...yeah, that'd be grand" he said. he tried to push himself off the wall with one arm and managed to stand for a moment before stumbling back against the wall and clutching at his chest again as the pain got sharper. he tried moving again this time using the wall for support as he took a small step toward the person that offered assistance, as he did he heard violent clanging as the guards threw someone else in the cell with them.

12. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

Saorla

Saorla went to work, she was not nice about it either. She started with the hand, simple enough to close a wound, next to the chest reforming ribs, negative pressure in the lung, sealing the hole so he could breathe once more. The leg was last and she was done. Three people needed this witch, and she was feeling a little fatigued now. Her abilities were not endless, she did not have innate skill, hers was learned from years of research. When she was done she returned to her corner, far from vomit and began her long curly locks speckled with vomit, now.

13. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Vedelo

The cage was getting crowded with the number of passengers on board. However Vedelo's main concern was for his writing utensils and tome. His weapons were also something he was worried about ever seeing again. That broadsword had been his father's. Had they seemed intent on killing them he would have responded in kind. He didn't want to kill though. Any loss of life was something to be mourned.

All of the crying and vomiting from the girl was making it hard for him to concentrate however. When the giant Drow had been tossed in Vedelo stood up, trying to make more room for everyone.

"I hope there's not too many more passengers they're hoping to squeeze in here," he said to no one in particular.

He had noticed the way the sun elf's parasol deflected all that went at it. He pondered on this for a moment before moving close to her and squatting down next to her. Glancing her way he cleared his throat, "Excuse me ma'am, that seems to be a remarkable parasol you have."

14. mmarage

I watched the two new arrivals quietly. A little girl and another whom I'd assume to be her big brother, father, or guardian. "...When I get out of here... I'll make each and every last one of them regret ever stepping foot on this ship and having the audacity and arrogance to believe that they could use us in such a way."

I looked at the bars around us. We could easily get through them with Syl's magic, and even make weapons out of them, however... these iron bars weren't very good for that purpose. I'm certain that Syl's magically created weapons wouldn't last that long. The iron bars are already thin, stretching it out further would only make it more brittle, and they weren't made of the best materials, the iron would surely have many flaws, they were only made to keep in non-magical beings after all. That sledgehammer she created, for example. It looked intimidating, but I'm sure that it'd crumple up after a use or two. Though of course, the weapons she creates would only need to last long enough for us to retrieve our old weapons.

I sighed quietly. There were a few flaws with this plan. The lack of information that we have, for one. For all we know, our equipment is still in our rooms, or they could have hauled it into a different room entirely, then there's the number of mercenaries between point A and point B. For all we know, we may just need to deal with those five, while the others are on deck dealing with the storm, or there could still be more patrolling, looking for any passengers that could have slipped past them. Then, most of us were still tired and not mentally prepared for such an attack, some might lose their nerve or charge in and risk everything. Finally, they'd still be expecting an escape from us after that stunt... we need to wait for them to drop their guard or wait for them to be too stretched thin to be able to take care of the ship and keep an eye on all of us.

"...Well, get cozy everyone, no escaping tonight." I said finally, I sat down as far away as I could from that damned bard's mess and pulled my hood as far down as I could to try and block out whatever light there was and shut my eyes. I'd need whatever energy I had. We'd have to make our escape soon though, they'll likely only give us very little food, if they're smart that is, to ensure that we don't have the strength to resist them.

15. Kingtype

The Bard shrieked again as Syl was walking away; not of terror this time but look of defiance showed on her frightened face. "I was just on the ship to go to a good school and be away from heathens like you!" She burped.

This was getting ridiculous, everybody must of been going slightly mad from their long stretch in this prison.

How long had it been?

She dramatically placed the back of her hand on her forehead.

A day?

A week?

A year or perhaps even twenty?

The Bard collapsed to the floor like a dead fish. "We are going to die here." She said adamantly. "I can feel it and even if not I'm going to be stuck....stuck wherever here is." She breathed out a sigh, her parents would probably ever so disgusted to see how hard prison had made her.

Just ever so disgusted.

The Bard's puffy eyes shifted over to the others. "This here is my floor." She said pulling her items close to her. "If anybody comes over on this section their gonna have to answer to me; I have read the scrolls. These are the rules of the cage."

"They treated us like animals....." She moaned. "And that is what we've become."

The Bard had been around the block enough times to know the outcome. "Soon they'll forget to feed us and we'll have to eat one another, probably the dwarves first because their meaty and then we will go mad from the guilt then slip slower and slower and slooooower into insanity."

The Bard’s zoned out eyes went to the ceiling but unsurprisingly her mouth kept moving. “At this point the cell will have been filled up so much by our own filth that a portion of us will die from disease and the rest from mad induced murders.”

The Bard pointed at Eva. "That child could of had a good life but they'll start with the young. They'll probably eat them.....because besides being rapists, they are also likely cannibals."

She went silent for a moment before raising her hand back up.

"And ANOTHER thing!" She proclaimed. "Not only are they rapists and cannibals! They are probably doing this all in service of some even worse person who will drag those tough enough to survive, like me, off to their camp where we will have to work as slaves for the rest of our lives."

"Who knew the great Bard would meet her end here."

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Macaberz likes this.
  16. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Edolas and Eva
    "I think you'll have to fight some of us for that honour," Said Evan, his hands on his hips, but a slight smile toying around the corners of his mouth. "There are a number of us here who would flay those men alive for what they're doing to us." He held out his hand for the Drow to shake.

Edolas considered the human from the corner of one eye warilly, his long, pointed ears twitching before there was a shift of silvery skin and muscle, and a large, spiked glove came to rest in the other's grip and he shook carefully, though the Drow's handshake would still feel like a vise.

"I'm Evan Major, or as some call me, the Great Larcenist. But I have no intention of stealing from all of you, provided that you do not turn on me. Much as it pains me to say something so soppy and overused, we're all in this together, and the only way we're going to escape this is working together."

Edolas snorted in disbelief. "What has been stolen from me I do not deserve to keep. My sister and I come from a place where such things are common, and death runs rampant. You fight for every scrap of food you can get in the Deepheart." he muttered, his voice gravelly as his sister cowered beneath him, and vomit dripped off his side. Edolas seemed to be completely unaware of the stench in the room, and so was she, as he didn't even react when he shifted his weight and moved them to the far wall where it was a little cleaner.

Then one of the others in the room started wailing and screaming, and the Drow clenched his teeth his feral yellow eyes lighting up when his sister was mentioned. "Th'uul A Daes*." He muttered the foul curse only elves would know, and maybe some dwarves, as he held her closer, the spikes on his armor gleaming menacingly as the chains bound to his wrists rattled.

*Broken Jaw -Meaning you wish the person's head split open.

17. mmarage

One eye opened when the damned bard began complaining about something else. Within the span of two seconds, I was in front of her. I slammed my fist down on top of her head. There was no patience to be had with this woman. Her foolishness and her butchering of the arts was enough for me to write her off completely, she deserved no sympathy, she was making things steadily worse. "Will you stop being a melodramatic nuisance already?! We've only been here for an hour or two at best. We're not being used as food or for pleasure. They're going to ransom us off. Furthermore none of us have become animals, you've just become more and more of a blithering idiot. You're not meeting an end here, unless you don't shut up already." I let the threat hang in the air for a second before moving on.

"Finally, this is not you're area, this is everyone's, if anything, the place where you made a mess is your area, because now we have to deal with your sickness throughout the night and now people have lost places to sleep because we want to avoid having to touch the contents of your stomach, they deserve a nice clean portion of the cage since they didn't contribute to the filth that we all have to deal with!" It was quite clear I was pissed at this point, I was trying to sleep and this woman would not acting like a hysterical drama-queen, trying to incite panic. God, why didn't they just kill her...?

I turned around, but before I did, I grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and dragged her over to the vomit covered part of the floor. "Now sit down, shut up, and go to sleep." I didn't even look at her, this woman disgusted me, almost as much as the damned mercs that kidnapped us. As I walked back toward my own spot in the cage, I walked past the Drow siblings.

I turned to the two and knelt down. "Hey, sorry about that, don't be afraid, we'll all get out of this just fine, I promise." I said in a gentler voice than I used with the bard, looking at the young girl, giving her a reassuring smile, it was a far cry from how I was just acting. "And ignore that strange woman, she's not quite right in the head." I tapped the side of my head. "And whatever you do, don't ask her to sing you a song unless you value your hearing." I grinned, I then looked at the brother. "Oh, I'm Joe, I'm an alchemist, I wish that we could have all met under different circumstances, but hey, at least it's a way of bringing everyone together, eh?" I gave a weaker smile than I gave to the girl, a lame attempt at a joke.

18. Fan7asticMrFox

The Morning After...

There was no natural light in this dank, dark brig and the rain had been strong enough to leak inside, dripping with a wet plop in a slowly building pool. Most of our heroes had been unable to sleep thanks to The Bard's efforts, and the guards had been in and out to harass and check on them, whilst reinforcing the cell at the same time. The crew were well aware of the dangerous passengers that were now all crammed together in a cell, not doubting their abilities and desperation.

Night turned to day. The early morning was lost on our heroes, trapped away in the pitiful darkness while the storm continued to rage on. Yet, a thump was heard towards the brig door, breaking the constant drone of rain. Few paid attention or even heard it and stayed flat in the cell, tired and hungry and low. Then the next thump came and Syl perked up, her pointed eyes twigging like a radar.

"Rise and shine folks." A pirate entered the brig, arms wide open with the flair of a showman, while another walked just beside. "Welcome to the Brig!" The first said gleefully, spinning around with arms still spread, showing off the dingy room with rotting wood, cold metal bars and a suffocating smell of piss and vomit mixed with raw fish - though it didn't seem to dampen the pirate's mood or enthusiasm. Finishing his final spin, he came out of it slightly disoriented, balancing on one foot momentarily to regain composure. "Ah-er... right." He faced the heroes in their cell. "The name's Pac Elevra. It would appear you are in a spot of bother."

"I'll say." The other chuckled, crossing his arms and leaning on the wooden wall. The pair were Sun Elves: Pac with long golden locks tied up in a ponytail and eyes of tropical blue, and Tango with short jagged black hair, a crisp beard and an emerald stare. They were both in sailor attire but when you actually noticed it, the pair looked very out of place with the rest of the crew.

"Now, now Tango. Show a little sympathy." Pac said. He became easily distracted and lost his focus on the group, instead playing with the iron bars, shaking them and listening to them intently, but all the while still continuing the conversation. "A mutiny unfortunately. Terrible really. Cappy's gutted and you're all about to be sailed away to Sin'Das'Rei and sold to the Arenas for blood sport." He stared for a while at a particular rivet getting so close, to the point where his eyelashes were brushing the iron every time he blinked. In a flash he pulled away and smashed the hilt of his dagger onto the rivet, stepping back to admire the shudder. "Bittersweet really. Yes, you'll be slaves for the rest of your lives but by the looks of you all, there'll be some good entertainment. Future champs Tango, no?"

"Diamonds in the rough, I suppose." Tango admitted, moving his gaze between each of the group.

"Ah-ha!" Pac yelped for joy, outstretching his dagger arm and pointing the blade right at Tango. "What a delightful pun Tango-" he turned back to the group, "-it will make sense later, I assure you." And then continued his hyper examination of the iron bars. "Gladiators, they are pretty fun, no? But Tango doesn't like that."

"Not much."

"See, he wants coin. So do I, so do you! And there are better ways to get it than Gladiatoring... i-is that a word Tang-"

"No."

"I see." Pac said and scratched his chin before slowly mouthing "Glad-i-a-tor-ing". He shrugged and nodded his head. "So rather than let you be forced into these bloodbath pits, we thought we'd offer an alternative option, no?" Pac spun and opened his arms wide to showcase the other Elf leaning on the wooden wall, "I give you, Tango!"

Tango yawned. He slowly shifted himself off the wall and sleeked closer to the iron bars, his face deadpan. "Ladies and Gentlemen," He started in a very bored, monotone voice, "It would appear you are trapped and destined for a life of hardships as slaves in Sin'Das'Rei. How terrible. Your anguish truly makes my heart weep, but there is hope for you yet." He took a very long, deep breath, slowly gazing over to see Pac's still exuberant face. "We, Pac Elerva and Tango Djul, are we willing to free you and give you your lives back in exchange for a small favour. Those of you that are honourable will be held by your word. Those of you that are less honourable will be held by the chance of making more coin than... I don't know... let's go with the Sun Vaults. But before this favour can happen, we need to free you, fight off the mutiny together and redirect the ship back to Morolith."

"Wonderful!" Pac said with glee, clasping his hands together. "Just wonderful! Any questions?"

Macaberz and Kingtype like this.
  19. mmarage

I hadn't been able to sleep at all last night, with the damned crew checking up on us every once in a while, and the damned Bard's puke keeping me awake... Finally, two assholes decided to come in and address us. I listened to their proposal, my stomach clenching at the thought of becoming a slave forced to fight and kill for the amusement for others. I stood up and turned to face the two.

"I'm sorry, but I must point out that this isn't a small favor if we really can make more money than what's in the Sun Vaults. Furthermore... It sounds illegal and very dangerous. I'm not one to go and do something illegal and dangerous for the vague promises of riches, especially when this thing smells like we're going to be made scapegoats for whatever your planning. Though, I do wish to reach Morolith. I'll help with the fighting, but I refuse to join in on this 'little favor' of yours. It's vague, smells suspicious, may be illegal, and dangerous, and I don't think that denying a fighter would be a wise choice especially if you wish to get to Morolith in one piece." I crossed my arms.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  20. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Shango

Shango had jumped to his feet the moment Pac and Tango arrived, his lean muscles tensed in preparation. If they opened the door then he would spring on them like a black jaguar and create as much chaos and confusion as possible so his companions could escape. But he slowly relaxed as he listened to Pac's offer.

"I am intrigued by you, Mr Pac, man," Shango said, oddly liking the sound of "pac man". "And not just because I've never seen a non-Kemetite with locks before. You speak eloquently. I will definitely take you up on your offer if it means I can avenge our poor Captain Isaac." As he said this, fire sparked in his eyes and he clenched his hands into tight, shaking fists. An eager breeze blew his jet-black braids around his face.

When Joe spoke out, Shango gave him a sad smile. "We don't have any other choice, Joe," he said simply. "It's either go with them or be sold as slaves, and I will never be a slave. Let us take this path and see where it leads us."

21. Nia

Nia Active Member

"I have a question." A voice chimes from the back of the cell. I was leaning in the back of the cell against of one the walls. My dark armor helping me to blend in with the shadows that were cast. "You see I am not objecting your proposal kind sirs but there is still something I'd wish to know. What exactly do you plan on doing after we are free? You never know if there are some in this cell would could care less about your plan and take matters into their own hands." I say with a sigh and shake my head. "Wouldn't that just mess up your plans?"

Kingtype and Erik-the-Enchanter! like this.
  22. Kingtype

“I…..” The Bard growled balling her fist and rubbing the top of her head. “Will assist if possible, as long as it gets me out of this cage.” They say they haven't become animals....but surely only animals would attack a defenseless woman.

That Joe was nothing short of common scum.

Insulting her work and insulting her character. The Bard bit down hard on her lip as to not let out another scream of frustration.

"Pac!" She pointed her finger at the pirate. "Prisoooooooon DOMINANCE!" The Bard's foot crashed into Joe's crotch, the impact sounding through the out the cell.

I held my groin, bending over, letting out a groan of pain. "That's it...!" My voice was a few octaves higher. "You're going overboard you tone deaf, art killing, simple minded, drama queen!" My voice returning to normal as the pain began to turn into a far more bearable burning and pulsing.

The Bard spit on the floor. "Don't be startin." She blew on her harmonica. "What .....ya can't finish bitch." The Bard pulled down her hair revealing short red haired pigtails; she flicked her hair walking away from Joe and picking up her Ukuele case.

The Bard slipped it on to some sort of large holster on her back and gracefully walked up to the front to get a measure of the pirates.

Danger?

To much danger here INDEED but a greedy smile showed upon her lips.

Yet if their promises were true she'd have no need to continue any sort of study in music. "If you keep your word of the coin, then I shall keep my interest as you can see I The Bard am more then capable of crushing my enemies." She had a delighted smile. "Most of all if they lack the testicular strength of the angry little cretin over there." She waved a hand at Joe.

23. Fan7asticMrFox

Pac and Tango

"I am intrigued by you, Mr Pac, man," Shango said, "And not just because I've never seen a non-Kemetite with locks before. You speak eloquently. I will definitely take you up on your offer if it means I can avenge our poor Captain Isaac."

"Oh I like this one Tango, he's an optimist!" Pac squealed with glee through the bars and smiled at Shango. "I bet you like to take the bull by the horns, jump in with both feet, bite the arrow, take the plunge! There's opportunity anywhere for people like you. Tango?"

"Seems a bit too noble... too naive." Tango quipped, setting himself back against the wooden wall.

Pac hushed him with a flap of hands in his direction, unenthused by his words. "Shh, you always have a bad word to say about everyone."

"I just say what I see. You're acting like this is the first time meeting these folks." Tango pulled out two fingers, "It's been two months Pac. I know what they can do."

"I have a question." A voice from the darkness chimed in.

"You see I am not objecting your proposal kind sirs but there is still something I'd wish to know. What exactly do you plan on doing after we are free? You never know if there are some in this cell would could care less about your plan and take matters into their own hands. Wouldn't that just mess up your plans?"

Pac laughed and leaned further into the cell in an attempt to see the voice. "Well my dear, that is a risk we are willing to take. No doubt a minority of you are low, disreputable individuals who are already planning an imminent back stab, deep into our fragile spines - however the majority seem like upstanding folk and I'm going to bank on that."

"As for the business opportunity," Pac continued, rubbing his hands together, "We are attempting to uncover a myth of sorts. We need your knowledge and expertise to prove a mythical location exists and to understand the whereabouts of certain items of value in said location. Through our analysis and investigatory skills we shall uncover wheth-"

"We don't have time for this. It's a heist." Tango said with command in his voice, completely ignoring Pac's pouty face, "I had to put down five guards outside and unless these pirates are really stupid, they will notice eventually. Let's wrap this up."

"Prisoooooooon DOMINANCE!" The Bard shouted whilst ramming her foot into Joe's crotch.

Pac clapped with giddy excitement, as if he were watching a stageshow. Tango just dropped his forehead into his hand. "Sól have mercy..."

The scrap finished as quickly as it started, and the red head Bard stepped forward to the bars towards Pac, "If you keep your word of the coin, then I shall keep my interest."

"Excellent!" Pac said, "That's two people free currently! Any other takers?"

Macaberz, Love to Write and Kingtype like this.
  24. Nia

Nia Active Member

I nod my head and stand up stretching a bit. "Well then. I'm up for this. You know the stakes and are willing to gamble on it. So then you have at least some of this all planned out. I'll take your offer of getting out of here in exchange for getting rid of the buffoons who locked us all in here in the first place. Plus it's a much better option than arena fighting. Too tiring of a thing to have to be a part of." I give a small smile. "Though I won't lie the coin influences my thoughts as well."

25. mmarage

"Yeah, sure, they'll let you kick them in the balls each and every time and steel won't be piercing the thing that pumps that god awful black sludge through your veins." I glared at the Bard and then turned to the two after Shango's comment. "Fine, whatever, but if things get dangerous or might put me in any form of legal trouble, I'm out, I'm not ruining or risking my life over the delusions of grandeur of two treasure hunters with empty promises of untold riches." I crossed my arms