1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Newcomer's Game - The Orb of Pyritus

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Love to Write, Jan 13, 2014.

The Orb of Pyritus
    GM: Losthawken
    Co GM: Love to Write

The Orb of Pyritus
    It is all powerful and sought by many, but few are the ones who will wield it. When it was created, the Orb opened a myriad of portals to other dimensions, as though it were calling its suitors into battle. Now, conflict is brewing across the Multiverse as competitors seek to be the sole holder of the ORB OF PYRITUS.

The Game
    This is not a typical game on the RPG forum. It is designed for low commitment play for any players who want to introduce themselves, practice, experiment, or just have fun.

The goal of each character is to acquire the Orb of Pyritus. When the orb was created it opened many portals from other dimensions. Your character can be from any dimension you can imagine and be whatever type of character you wish. Its wide open.

The Orb
    The glowing Orb possesses unlimited power. Anyone who wields it will have his natural abilities enhanced to a supernatural extent and may also find new powers. The aura of its effect spreads to all others nearby, but to a lesser extent. The enhancements of the orb work on both living and non-living objects.

The Rules

How it works:
    1. The object of the game is NOT to acquire the Orb. It is to have FUN and enjoy a challenge. No whining if you don’t get awarded the Orb

2. ONLY the GM can move the Orb into new hands. This will be done in game by the GM or delegated in the discussion thread. Success in acquiring the orb will be determined according to creativity, quality of writing, obedience to the rules and maintaining fairness and movement in the game.

3. When the Orb is transferred, the character will be immediately warped back to his home world with the Orb leaving those who lost the Orb to find a different portal to the new world.

4. All portals lead to the Orb.

5. The Orb cannot be destroyed, damaged or changed.

6. "I turned around and he was gone." It occasionally happens that players go absent. If you find yourself stuck waiting on a absent player you may ask permission of the GM to invoke the "I turned around and he was gone," rule. To do this, you write in that the absent player's character simply disappeared when your character wasn't looking. Disappeared characters can always be brought back into the game by making an excuse for disappearing if the absent player returns.

Standard Rules:
    1. Do NOT control other characters, including causing direct injury to other players. It is each players option to decide the degree of injury his own character receives. As an example you can shoot a fireball or grapple and try to break your opponents arm, however, your opponent decides how burned or injured his character becomes. You succeed in the game by how well you write and how creative you are, not by how much you injure your opponent.

2. GM is law and can break and modify his own rules without notice.

3. No god moding. Strive for balance among all other players.

4. You cannot kill other players

5. Players can make Non-Player Characters if necessary

6. No out of character content (OOC). Keep that to the https://www.writingforums.org/threads/the-orb-of-pyritus-discussion-thread.130093/.

7. Write the NEXT part of the story. Avoid re-capping. Use showing in the present to respond to previous posts; avoid re-telling entire previous posts from your character’s perspective.

8. Character Templates do not need to be approved, but must be posted in the discussion thread with the characters name in the post title. A list of current characters can be found at the bottom of this post.

9. No one-liners or short posts. Let’s shoot for 100 words +

10. Read the chapter summaries below and the most recent posts in the current chapter.

11. Abandoned characters will be simply dropped (See 'How it works: Rule 6: "I turned around and he was gone,")

12. FLAMING, INSULTING, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF HARSHNESS THAT IS DELIBERATELY USED TO HURT SOMEONE ELSE’S FEELINGS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT ALL, NOR ACCEPTED ANYWHERE ELSE AROUND THE FORUM.

13. Edit before posting.

14. View the discussion thread for less formal details and to direction in the game.

15. Dialogue from other characters should be put in BOLD type

16. Put your character’s name in the title of your post

17. More than one character is allowed but requires the permission of the GM

18. Please feel welcome to make suggestions and negotiate with the GMs!

Character Template:
    Name:

Species:

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Powers/Equipment:

Orb Chapters 1,2

Welcome to Theta Prime!

A sophisticated resort world where gravity is not always consistent, sometimes causing oceans to float and rain to fall sideways. There are patches where the gravity is normal, and patches where the gravity will throw you in the air, all meant for the entertainment of pleasure of interstellar travelers. The residents of this world employ Gravity Packs (similar to jet packs) and Pressure Sensors to detect where on odd gravity spot is so they don't accidentally get crushed or thrown for a loop.

While a resort world with floating river's and islands may seem awesome, all is not well on Theta Prime. An experiment gone wrong, has set loose a monster, named Gree, upon this world. What's worse...this monster is capable of infecting other humans and turning them into nightmarish creatures with strange abilities But that isn't even the worst part. Gree is in possession of the Orb of Pyritus, and he will not be giving it up willingly. Are you up to the challenge?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved.

3. Love to Write

The Orb. It radiated such power. It glowed with such beauty. Its beholder was enthralled, utterly captivated by its magnificence. A weathered hand stroked its surface cooing with pleasure. Then, for no apparent reason the Orb began to pulse, releasing wave after wave of energy. The light was so bright and intense that the man (if you could call him a man) who was holding it jumped back and shrieked with surprise. When the pulsing ended and the Orb returned to it's normal glow, the gollum-like creature hobbled towards the orb and scooped it into his arms. "S'ok. Gree protects you. Gree keeps you safe. And you help Gree help humanity, yes?" The man asked as he stroked its surface.

Unbeknownst to Gree, however, the Orb had tired of its holder and opened up portals connecting dozens of dimensions to it's own. All portals would lead towards the Orb of Pyritus, to the planet of Theta Prime and more specifically the Forest of Tears where water droplets floated through the air. They would soon be coming, those that the Orb had called and pulled unwillingly out of their worlds. Whether they wanted to or not...they would be coming.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  4. Love to Write

Dana

“Lieutenant, it’s confirmed. Two rebel wizards and three mortals are being held in the camp below us.”

Dana pulled a pair of binoculars away from her face to look at the scout who was reporting. “Alright. Gather the men and I’ll get Captian Agris.” The scout thumped his fist on the eagle emblem on his chest and rushed off to carry out his orders. Dana took one last look at the enemy mage camp below them and turned to begin her search for the Captain. But her next step was not upon solid ground, rather it was through a portal that had appeared out of nowhere. She didn't even have time to gasp in surprise before she spinning through space and time.

After what seemed like several minutes the horrible ride stopped and Dana dared to open her eyes. She was sprawled out on the ground with lovely green and yellow trees looming above her. Stranger still, droplets of water floated around her like it was in suspended animation. She jumped to her feet and in an instant had her daggers in hand.
    "Where the heck am I?" She whispered to herself. There wasn't a single green tree in all of Ayprin, at least none that she had seen. Was this some sort of wizard's spell? No...her armor would have protected her...and the wizards in her group would have alerted her to an attack. So where was she, and how did she get here?

5. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Eve

Oh no! Not again! Come back here you stubborn pebble! Eve snatched back the tiny, floating chunk of ice and rock that she had been shepherding along with a whole herd of asteroids. Some of them were much larger than others, but were much easier to control for that reason. However, it was the small, new minerals she always had to look out for.

Retracting an elongated, pink limb that seemed to be made of gelatin but for the tiny fragments of metal floating about inside, Eve examined the herd again, tail coiled around the largest asteroid as they slowly made their way around Saturn just as they had for her entire lifetime in all it's vastness.

Nodding to herself, Eve coiled her tail into a spring, then launched. Skimming low over her charges, Eve kept her eyes peeled for any strays, or worse, space-worms. Those nasty buggers were always trying to steal her titanium!

Eve came to land moments later on a medium-sized asteroid coated with glowing blue stones. Examining her hand, the Satooria bobbed her head again and tightened her coils around one of the crystals. The stone seemed to glow brighter, then cracked into several fragments, drifting up and inside her body where they quickly dissolved into thousands of minuscule fragments. Eve did the same thing to several chunks of ice to regain some energy, and just as she was about to return to her job skimming the herd, a strange sensation rocked through her body from behind.

Shock wave? But none of them could have- her thoughts were cut short and Eve shrieked in alarm as something large and dark opened up behind her, a yawning abyss that she immediately mistook for a black hole. However, she had no chance to make an escape, and was quickly yanked away into the darkness.

Aaaaaaah! Eve screamed for all she was worth, and then the black hole suddenly spit her back out again. Flying, skidding, crashing though things that would have snapped her body in half it if had not been liquid, Eve finally came to a halt when she slammed into -well, more around- something that felt warm and tasted of metal. And when it moved, she realized that it was not something, but someone.

Woopsie! Sorry! Eve quickly disentangled herself from the... whatever it was, back-drifting away when it jumped and pointed something at her. Of course, she didn't see the threat whatsoever and instead, her curiosity was immediately piked despite the fact that she was in a strange new world, and had no idea how to get back to her asteroids.

Blach -you have a lot of steel on you. Ever wonder about using a mixture of titanium and admantium? she said, pointing at the thing in the... Oh, and what are you by the way? My name's Eve -I'm a Satooria. Do you happen to know where we are, because I really need to get back to my herd soon. If i don't keep watch over them the silly ninnies will end up floating off on their own!

6. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

"Such a fine addition you will make to my...collection." Schadenfreude said, licking his lips as the light left the Latino gangsters eyes and he was absorbed into Schadenfreude "Well, I guess I better get out of here." He said, as the fire spread to more of the warehouse.

They were a drug cartel, and while Schadenfreude wasn't out to be "the vigilante hero" he preferred to be shot at by his meal prior to his feast. A whimpering, cowering sissy to him was like bland spinach to a small child.

Though he was almost impossible to kill, he didn't like the burning sensation of fire on his skin. So off he went, slow bursting away into many flying insects known as locusts. Starting with his hair, his head disappeared into the pests until his human form was no longer seen, only a swarm of bugs flying out the windows and any small cracks and away from the building.

He didn't much pay attention to where he was going, but when he finally returned, much like the reverse of turning into the swarm, he changed back...in the middle of a forest, with no city in sight. Wasn't he just in LA a moment ago?

7. Love to Write

Dana

My name's Eve -I'm a Satooria. Do you happen to know where we are, because I really need to get back to my herd soon. If i don't keep watch over them the silly ninnies will end up floating off on their own!

What the crap? Was Dana's first thought. She shifted her daggers so they were between her and the creature. It was like nothing she had ever seen before. Even magician's illusions were more realistic than this thing was. It talked...telepathically. She'd only heard of the greatest magicians doing that and with a great deal of magic. This creature seemed to do it naturally. Thankfully it didn't seem to be an enemy, if anything it seemed to be as confused as Dana was.

"What...are you?" Dana asked, still wary of the creature. In the distance behind her, she heard another portal open and close, but was to preoccupied with the thing in front of her to turn and check it out.

8. Keitsumah

Eve

"What...are you?"
    the other creature spoke, and Eve watched, rapt as it's mouth moved and she sensed a pair of oddly shaped muscles in it's throat vibrate. I guess these communicate by ....oh what's the word? Sound? Not from where I live then. Must be a Planet Dweller. Though Eve had only heard vague stories about such creatures, it only made her more curious. What did they eat? How did they live? Why wasn't it floating like she was?

Then her attention snapped back to the question and Eve made a face. Well, as much of a face as a pair of eyes can make. She really didn't have very much as for facial features or even body features either. But that had never really mattered.

I'm a Satooria. An asteroid herder. When the creature still appeared confused, Eve looked around and then pointed straight up. I come from the skies in between the Planets and Stars. There are many chunks of rock and ice floating about there, as well as bits of metal called asteroids. I've been herding those for the past six hundred and-

A faint vibration passed through Eve's body and she paused, perking up slightly to look over the other creature's head. Another creature similar to her, only bigger, was standing not too far off. Her head quirked to one side, Another one. Odd. You all look different. Well, we Satoorians all look different, but that's just by color. We all have a favorite mineral. Do you all have a favorite mineral? Maybe that's why you look the way you do. Eve poked one hand fearlessly at the knife in Dana's hand, and Dana watched as the liquidy limb simply sucked in the tip of the steel blade. The Eve let go. Yours must be steel. Pity. Admantine is much stronger. I can get you some easily -It's only a hundred space-worm lengths down. Want me to get you some?

9. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

Flick, open, roll in between hands, All you could see was spinning blue. On the background, the scratchy sound of Gloomy Sunday blaring lightly from the iPad speakers. That's all she had. She was found with those records and a pacifier. Suddenly the blue makes way for a butterfly...comb? Yes indeed, a contraption much like a knife but shaped as a black ebony comb with which she...combed her hair.

In an almost 'hobbitesque' fashion, with walls just enough to encase the tall girl but not a tall boy, she has everything at hand and prefers to be by herself in her room on a collapsed building, But she had a dream, one that - no, actually two, make it two dreams involving this...orb. And ghosts befriending her, one hell of an annoying dude, and the sentence YOU'VE QUIT AGING.

Let's go down to the wasteland to buy some newports at the píer...

10. TheApprentice

Schadenfreude began walking in the direction ahead of him, but couldn't help but notice a portal had opened minutes ago. 'Perhaps I could figure out what's going on if I go in that direction.' He thought, walking in a direction where he heard voices...Well, a voice, faintly.

He eventually came to a clearing, in which there was a woman speaking with...some...thing.

Time to play civil' He thought.

"Excuse me ma'am, what's going on? And what is that?" He asked Dana, but pointing at seetoria.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  11. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Felix

Two torch beams sliced through the darkness and danced across the sandstone blocks, revealing an ancient chamber covered in strange engravings of birds, cats and eyes. The lofty narrow ruins were littered with toppled pillars and crumbling pharaoh statues that lay strewn about the cracked marble floor. Two silhouettes could just be seen behind the white torch lights.

“What the hell are we doing here anyway Felix?” said the shorter torch holder.

Zaxir was his name. A self-made merc, bandit and all round nasty space pirate; Felix would have taken him more seriously if it wasn’t for his height, especially considering the punk rock Mohawk he was sporting… and the hundreds of scars that cut across his face, slicing up all the way around to the back of his head. They weren’t distinctly grotesque, but it definitely gave him more of a jigsaw kind of look.

“You really don’t know your history do you?” Felix said.

“I don’t give a crap about history.” Zaxir spat. “I just want my payment. Or did you forget?” He shone his light dead in the eyes of Felix.

If Zaxir’s face was one only a mother could love, then Felix’s was the polar opposite. A strong jaw line, chiselled bone structure and piercing smile; even he was surprised that the female statues did not faint at the sight of him. The brooding five o’clock shadow only added to his charm, accompanied by eyes like coral oceans and brown hair as soft as silk, parted to one side – because that’s how the ladies liked it.

“I didn’t forget.” Felix quietly retorted. “I traced the Capstone here. It’s yours when we get back to the ship – and then we are even.”

“We’ll see.”

Felix moved forward quickly to escape the conversation, tired of the constant reminder of his debt. Zaxir would get what he deserved. Felix was determined about that. He knew this pirate would show his true colours and eventually double cross him, and when that happened Felix would be ready. He had more than enough tricks up his sleeve to be rid of the scum – including an anonymous tip for the local police. The moment Zaxir escaped the tomb they would be waiting for him. That thought alone brought a smile to Felix’s face.

The darkened sandstone corridor slowly began to squeeze the pair as they pushed further into the tomb, the ceiling closing down and the walls closing in. Soon it was so narrow that they had to continue in single file; Zaxir politely forcing Felix to go first. He cited the reason, “Because you love history ‘n stuff so much.” Yet Felix got the feeling he was just keeping tabs and using him as bait for any traps.

At this point the corridor was becoming rather uncomfortable, the sandstone grazing across their clothes and skin, and the black of the crypt swallowing up the torch light, the pale glow barely reaching ahead. Instead Felix blindly led his hands along the walls, feeling his way down the passage while the coarse brick scratched his palms. The corridor snaked left and right for what seemed like forever, before falling away sharply and causing Felix to stumble.

“Watch it, idiot.” He said as Zaxir bundled into him.

“Well what the hella’ you doing stopping like that?” Zaxir grumbled back. Felix elbowed him in frustration but he returned the kind and shoved him into the wall, hard. The pair twisted in the cramped passageway and faced off, only to pause at the smell of burning ash.

Flashing their torches in front they spied a grand staircase descending below, each step thick with soot. The air was veiled in smoke and the ceiling was low, obscuring their view of what lay ahead. But flickering at the bottom of the staircase, barely visible through the smog and soot, was a reddish hue emanating from within.

Slowly the pair descended the stairs, taking each step with care whilst their eyes stayed glued to the dancing colours below. When they neared the bottom the glow became more vivid and wild, trembling across the stained marble floor and as they edged ever closer a warmth began to spread through their cold bones. It was pleasant at first, brushing away the chill and cobwebs of the upper crypts, however the heat intensified with every step and prickled across their skin, biting them with searing fangs.

Pushing through the draining sweat they finally hit the landing, their eyes tortured by the blinding glare from within. The heart of the chamber pulsed in bright red flame, a lake of fire rippling in the middle between four gigantic pillars. They rose up so high that Felix could not see where they finished, the dark ceiling swallowing them up with a cold grin. Not even the grand brazier could touch the black above.

But there, dangling on chains up high between the four pillars, directly in line with the almighty blaze, was the Capstone. Roughly the size of watermelon, the pyramid shaped white diamond glinted with beauty as the glow from the red flames echoed upon its skin. It oozed perfection, teasing the pair as it swayed gently between the chains.

“You son of gun, Felix…” Zaxir’s words barely escaped from his huge gasp, his eyes firmly locked with the prize. He licked his lips as he stared, the thought of all that money just sat there for the taking. But after the long silence Zaxir eventually realised the slight problem they faced. “H-How are you gonna get it down? Felix?”

He too had been mesmerised by the crystal in the closed sky, not paying any attention to the small pirate beside him. Simply stunning. He could scarcely believe they had found it. They had found the Capstone of the Menkaure Pyramid.

Back in the thirtieth century the late Egyptian civilization hid the final Capstone, the Menkaure Crystal, in fear it would become lost or stolen like the rest. Rather than protecting it with the technology of their time, the head archaeologist Darius Nadir buried it deep within an unknown crypt, sealing it away with the knowledge that he was the only one that knew its location. But just before he died, Darius left a set of mysterious clues with the Egyptian government, which would lead them back to the stone. Now, in the present day, the clues were in Felix’s hands.

12. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

"For the last time, it's K-A-I-D-E-N," Kaiden said, spelling out his name and growing annoyed at the elderly creature in front of him.

"Let me see," she said, tilting her head backward to read the monitor. "Ah, yes. Here it is. Your claim was denied due to insufficient irreparable damage."

"Insufficient!" he said. "Look at my head!"

"It looks fine to me, sir."

"Not this one," he said, and he turned his body to show a second head. He slapped it hard and it giggled a little bit. "This one!"

"I think we should change our name," his other head stated matter-of-factly.

"What? No, we are not changing our name, why would we change our name?"

"Because I think we could have a happier name. How about Alex? That's a fun name. Who wouldn't want to have drinks with an Alex?"

Kaiden turned back to the woman. "You see what I mean? I need this fixed as soon as possible."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Reynolds, but your implant was damaged during an activity not covered under your policy."

"Hey, that horse had it coming! It cost me five thousand credits. It wasn't my fault that it had a temper."

"That horse kicked me right here," his other head said.

"Right where? You can't even point. You know why? Because this is my body and you are nothing but an unwanted—"

"Alex!"

"No, you are not Alex, you are a stowaway."

Kaiden buried his face in his hands. He could not believe this. Regaining his composure, he lowered his voice and stared at the woman. "Look," he said. "Isn't there something I can do? Anything?"

"I'm sorry, sir, any removal of the implant would incur an out-of-pocket expense charge."

"And how much is that?"

"Five hundred thousand credits."

"Five hundred thousand credits!" he said, quickly standing to his feet. "This is an outrage! You are going to hear from my lawyer! I am going to own this place! You'll have to change the name outside to 'Kaiden Associates!'"

"Yeah, and Alex too!"

"Shut up, you." he said, walking toward the door. "You haven't seen the last of Kaiden Reynolds!" He swung open the front door and stepped out into a portal and promptly fell through the sidewalk and disappeared.

"Next!" the woman said.

***​

Kaiden fell through eternity, zoomed past existence, and made a hard right just beyond reality. Then, as soon as it had started it stopped and he landed awkwardly on the ground. The smell of wet grass filled his nostrils and he could see he was in some kind of forest. Tall trees towered against the sky. He propped himself up onto his knees and looked around.

"Now that was something an Alex would do! Wow!" Alex said.

Kaiden ignored him and quickly stood up when he noticed two other people were nearby. Well, at least one was a person, the other thing looked like some kind of radioactive Jell-O creature. He carefully walked over to them.

"Hey, um..." he said. "Am I on some kind of reality show or something? Is this some kind of joke? Where the frell am I?"

Alex smiled. "Hi! I'm Alex! Nice to meet you!"

JessWrite and Fan7asticMrFox like this.
  13. TheApprentice

Schadenfreude looked at the two headed man who had just fell from a portal.

'Strange, but at least gives me some clue as to what just happened' He thought.

"Are you ok?" He asked Kaiden, offering him a hand to pick him up "Seems falling out of portals is becoming the norm."

14. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

A salty breeze tugged and pulled, wishing to win the prize. Clara fought back for the second time, holding her hat in place with both hands.

"I need more pins, Jane!" she yelled over the overwhelming chorus of voices. It seemed like all of New York was on the Olympic's ship deck, gazing out at the sparkling water joining the horizon. Yes, it was marvelous, but she had more important matters to tend to!

"The pins, Jane!" Clara tried again, jaw set as the cold wind kissed her cheek.

"I'm hurrying as quick as I can, Miss." Her servant mumbled, fiddling within the pocket inside her dress where she kept the emergency stash, for emergencies such as these. A few moments later she pulled out six hatpins. "Here you are, Miss."

"Good. Help me then!" Clara said, motioning for her to come nearer. Each ruby encrusted pin was inserted until there was no longer a struggle. Her hat was saved!

Letting out a sigh of relief, Clara smiled at her servant. "Thank you, Jane. Now do tell, have you caught sight of Mr. Douglas?"

Jane shook her head. "I'm sorry Miss, I have not. But!" She held up a finger as a cheeky smile covered her lips. "I have heard he will be dining with the Captain."

Clara gasped and lifted a gloved hand to her heart. "I have also made arrangements to dine with the Captain. Which means..."

"Yes, indeed." Jane said, patting her mistress on the shoulder. "We will have to get you ready to speak with him. You can wear your new dress."

"Which one?" Clara asked, her blue eyes drifting towards the crowd. "I purchased more than enough for the two week voyage."

"The red one, Miss."Jane replied. "With the black beading imported from France and the Italian lace."

"Ah yes, but of course..." Clara's words trailed and clearly her attention was elsewhere. She peered out at the vast ocean that stretched for miles with no land in sight. Seagulls flew overhead, crying in greeting and dipping near the water that couldn't be a brighter blue. Taking a step closer, she leaned over the edge of the railing, down to the far depths below. The foamy crests rose and fell, crashing against the sides of the mighty ocean liner.

Lifting her eyes again towards the distant sea, Clara squinted. Several feet away bubbling ripples stirred, growing in size. Bigger and faster, the circular motion swirled. What...was that?

"Jane!"

Clara went unanswered as shrill screams rang in her eardrums. She barely had time to notice the outline of another ship before she jerked forward.

The impact flipped her small body over the side and Clara's screams fell through the air with her. She gripped the handle of her parasol for dear life as she smacked the ocean's surface. Cold saltwater filled her lungs.

Kicking and pumping her arms beneath the water, Clara soon came to a frightening realization.

She could not swim.

As her head finally bobbed upwards, the heavy brim of her hat hung in front of her eyes. She coughed, desperately gasping for air. Sounds of panicked voices were faintly heard until she was pushed back under again. Yet this time...by another force.

Immense pressure surrounded her frame, pulling her farther through the water. When she was certain her lungs were about to burst, she landed on hard ground.

In a fit of coughing, Clara expelled the water from her lungs and her breakfast with it. Her body shook uncontrollably as she dug her fingers into the dirt.

How revolting, she thought when it was over and brought herself to a sitting position. Being drenched from head to toe was far from pleasant, but where....was she?

"Jane? Jane, are you there?" she said in her hoarse voice.

Land had swallowed up the ocean; green the blue. Lifting her hat's dripping brim, she gazed up at the tall trees that touched the sky. Her eyes grew double their size as she studied the rain droplets that were suspended in mid-air. Peculiar.

Lying back down in the lush grass, Clara could make only one prediction.

She had died.

Love to Write likes this.
  15. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

Over Wastelands there was not an actual sun neither an actual moon. It was either just a bit brighter but still foggy, or dark with yourself not being able to see within a palm of your hand. So it was brighter time, and Taylor wanted to get her Newports but to get her shit together...

"Jeez, what the f... will I do today.....I need some money cos I'm leaving here down south..."

She didn't know what to do, walking through the sleepy land where you don't go out at night. That dream was so vivid in her mind that she thought it was probably some pill she popped, or too much 'drank' hallucinations. And south was where she wss in the dream, the dream being either a manifestation of her own urges coupled with something she couldn't get off of her mind or really something telling her to go south. She smirked at the concept of the expression.

By the marina, where those Lucky enough could find a yummy crustacean but no fish, not anymore, and we don't even know anymore what yer is other than 29.A.W. Yes, A.W.

It meant After the War. Somehow as it was predictable, Earth blew itself up with war and those in the know after what was said and done said there was a source of power of unbelievable fierceness happened to exist. It may be that a childlike revenge urge made Taylor wanting to be quelled with this said power (sightings seen on undertube - on the undernet. Get your modem running, pal.)

*O-Hell-O*

Currency: Dollars

She was by the Pier and she saw the neon lights of the OLO marketplace, where she'd buy her stuff. Fresh crabs cost 200 US$ 200 oz.
    She didn't want food. she wanted to intoxicate herself, and would have to begin with ciggies, menthol ciggies. Her slim self attracting every man in sight, and she wished she had the real power she could have over those a...holes and build an army to find that source of power and take over the Earth, bring back some balance, bring back some light, bring back Billie...

Today the currency was US Dollars, of which she had aplenty, just when they chose to add Euros and Yens and so on....made her go "urrrrrgh" because that meant the price of something could go over the roof or get extremely cheap. That's how the stockmarket operated: a bunch of thugs would determine what value each currency will have, and unexplicably, demand that the given currency with more value would be the currency of the day. Which was a load of hogwash.

She approached the cashier.

"Hi Tay...looking good today"

Taylor looked at Anne, the cashier and said:

"Glad you think so" followed by a whispered "Drop by in my place anytime you want" and blinked one eye. while handing over the 70 US$ for the pack. "Let's have some fun..."

She left the market as she saw a green-to-blue-to-purple-to-yellow-to-orange-to-red-to- whatever color and whatever color in between light, which with a WHHHHHOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH, had everybody running for their lives. Not Taylor though, she smiled, grinning wide as she felt the heat and the power and it's gonna turn white, clear white light and there she was, trapped ina vaccuum.

She couldn't hear nor feel herself, but could move. It felt good.

YOU'VE QUIT AGING.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  16. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

"Are you ok? Seems falling out of portals is becoming the norm."

Kaiden hadn't noticed a young man standing near him. He looked very young but something about his eyes made him shiver.

"Portal, eh?" Kaiden said. He hadn't had much experience with portals. He had dated a girl who was studying dimensional transport, but he wasn't very interested in her studies as much as he was interested in studying her body of work. That being the case, he didn't recognize any of the trees or plants here. I must be on a different planet, he thought. "Well, if it's one thing I know, it's that things don't just happen randomly. We were brought here by someone or something."

"Or someone," Alex said.

"I said someone already. I said someone or something. You know, it's bad enough I've been interdimensionally kidnapped, but now I have to endure your incessant babbling."

"Or somehow! Someone," Alex began, "or something," he searched to find his mental bearings, "...or somehow! Yes, that's it. What were you saying?"

Kaiden sighed. "Nevermind..." He turned back to the young man. "My name's Kaiden and it looks like there could be more visitors coming. We don't know if they all come from peaceful dimensions, so be on your guard."

17. TheApprentice

'This Kaiden seems like an interesting fellow.' Schadenfreude thought. He smirked slightly but visibly.

"My name is Schadenfreude. Thanks for the warning, but Im quite able to handle any threat this world may present." he said in a friendly voice

18. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

So "Miss Marvel zapped 'em right between the eyezzzzzzap" with the brazen sting of light that announced her entrance. In front of her, something she's never seen: plain green grass, with a welcoming smell and a nice feel to it as she laid on it. Raising her head, she could only mutter "What the f...." as she saw a two headed man, a guy which she looked at and seemed to be okay, and "What the f...." again, as she saw what looked like an iridescent transparent mermaid, as if she was made of jelly and colors flew by in her body, coming and going, coming and going.

"I guess I've had too much to drank" she thought with a smile on her face as she felt that something diferent was there. She had heard and read about teleportation and out of body experiences but she thought it was all bull. However she felt that she was near something she couldn't quite explain, but seemed to be the source. But who were these and how could they help her?

The man and the two headed man, still rubbing their eyes off the stunning light as everything seemed to calm down, looked at her.

"Hey, do you speak English?" she shouted as she reached for her pack of Newports and her old bickflicker lighter....

19. Keitsumah

Eve

"Excuse me ma'am, what's going on? And what is that?"
    Eve quirked her head at the new creature. Did these beings not share information like her kind did? That must be why all of them seemed lacking of memory. The another strange two-headed creature similar to the others dropped out of the air.

"Hey, um..." he said. "Am I on some kind of reality show or something? Is this some kind of joke? Where the frell am I?"

Alex smiled. "Hi! I'm Alex! Nice to meet you!"

You Planet-Dwellers are very confusing. she said, allowing everyone to hear her. Then she pointed at the... Alex. Are you all Alexs's? Your kind seem to be much more varied in appearance than mine. How does that give you an advantage when faced with predators? Maybe it's because you all look different and the predator is forced to choose which one he wants to chase? Or do your kind even have predators? Eve quirked her head to the other side, eyes narrowing slightly in contemplation. Hmm... I doubt your kind would get away from space worms very easilly. You don't have tails to launch yourselves away with. But maybe your lower limbs give you enough speed? Or do you have another way to defend yourselves like my color-changing? Eve seemed to come to a conclusion on her own and clapped her hands together, the feeling of her idea suddenly blooming in everyone's mind. I'm going to see just how you deal with predators!

Then, before anyone had time to react, Eve's body suddenly warped and changed into something much larger, sucking in a few hundred water droplets where they hung in the air. Her head widened, turned cylindrical and flowed into her body as her arms vanished. Gelatin spines quivered all along her suddenly-snake like length, and she grew a good forty feet longer, the end of her tail curling around a tree to brace herself.

Eve blinked eight sets of eyes spaced all along what appeared to be her head, then opened her jaws wide in a fearsome grin. Three rows of giant fangs protruded from all sides of her mouth, not following any set jawline but instead filling her mouth with rings of needle-like apertures. Overall, she looked like some giant eel ready to strike. Yet she was not an eel. She was a space-worm.

Prey doesn't get the chance to be aware of danger, so you better run! she giggled.

20. Love to Write

Dana

And suddenly there was chaos. People were dropping all around her like acid rain. The portals were obviously the culprits, bringing people from all over the universe to this location. But why? And what was creating the portals. The soldier in Dana suddenly took command. These people were bound to be confused, scared and violent. Just like her, they were being pulled from their homes with no apparent reason. But perhaps...if they worked together, they could find that reason. She sheathed her daggers but kept her hands on them.

"Everyone." She said in a loud voice. "I'm Lieutenant Dana Ethros of the Eagle's guard. Like me, you've pulled from your homes and brought here, through these...portals. I know many of you are scared but we all need to remain calm and cooperate if we're going to figure out what is happening to us. Now, why don't we start with names and then we can go from there. Like I said I'm Dana...anybody else want to introduce themselves?" She asked looking around from strange creature to strange creature.

21. TheApprentice

"Hrm em!" Schadenfreude cleared his throat "I appreciate the advice, ma'am, But shouldn't we deal with that giant snake first?" He asked, pointing to Seetoria.

"You're telepathic, not some primal animal. Return to your blob form now or face the wrath of Schadenfreude!" He warned. He wanted everyone to trust him. What better way than playing hero?

22. Love to Write

"You're telepathic, not some primal animal. Return to your blob form now or face the wrath of Schadenfreude!"

Dana sighed. "It's harmless, I'm pretty sure. Though, Eve...perhaps it would be better if you turned into something less threatening considering that everyone is already frightened."

23. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

"Prey doesn't get the chance to be aware of danger, so you better run!"

Kaiden look at the creature. He knew that certain instincts would cause any life form to attempt to assert control and dominance, and this one seemed no different. He thought there was a small probability that the giant creature might hurt someone to make an example of, but the odds were slim. He looked upward at the creature.

"Nice trick," he said. "Any chance you could turn into something useful, like, I dunno, a GPS or a ship or a even a bottle of Ole Janx Spirit perhaps?"

"Ooh!" said Alex. "Turn into a Galaxian stone lizard! You know, with the giant dangly things on it's head. I love those things."

Kaiden rolled his eyes. A woman spoke up through the crowd.

"Now, why don't we start with names and then we can go from there. Like I said I'm Dana...anybody else want to introduce themselves?"

She seemed younger than Kaiden, but for all he knew she could be seven-hundred and twenty. She appeared to be a warrior of some sort, more armed for battle than Kaiden was, with his Hawaiian shirt and khaki pants. At least he had his boots on.

"Hey guy, gals, blobs," he nodded to the eel. "I'm Kaiden and it appears we're at least on a Class M planet, which means there should be some kind of outpost or building nearby."

24. TheApprentice

Shchadenfreude looked from creature to creature to person. 'Must be some kind of test by some galactic power.' He thought.

He turned to Dana "It is very much a pleasure to meet you, and you may call me Schadenfreude." He said politely, turning then to Kaiden "Are you from some space age planet or dimension? If so you must know more about this place."

25. Tom Kleermaker

Tom Kleermaker Member

Taylor received no response at all, but as much as she thought they've had seen her, the colorful creature seemed engaged in some converstion that made her pass unnoticed, and then, the creature morphed into an eel-like monster, with rows of teeth.

"But I thought they were....talking? What the f....is going on?" she thought, trying to make sense of what she had seen. Was it a dream or what? An assertive voice spoke out loud and then she could see there were more than what she already thought of as a freak show - an intergalactic freakshow perchance?

"Now, why don't we start with names and then we can go from there. Like I said I'm Dana...anybody else want to introduce themselves?"

"Heeeeeeyyyy!!!! Helooooo!!! Can you hear me?"

She still seemed unnoticed by the men whom she was sure that saw her. So she reached for her knives in her pockets but kept her hands there, after she lit the long cigarette and put the pack and lighter back in her jacket.

"Better being cautious than anything else...unless they've got something interesting...."

She was getting closer and closer.