1. Carwhisperer

Carwhisperer New Member

Does anyone want my novel? I've written 20K words. Want to give it away

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Carwhisperer, Apr 25, 2016.

Back in 2010 I started writing a novel. I wrote about 20,000 words of an anticipated 80,000. I have reached the conclusion that I will never finish it. I think the story idea was quite good and I think I got off to a really good start. I'm wondering if there is someone who would like to take what I've done and finish it. I'm not expecting to get anything out of it but if it goes big maybe you could note me in the forward and fly me in for the signing or something :)

I won't divulge much here but I will say that it is an espionage story that might remind you of something Frederick Forsyth or maybe even Tom Clancy would have written. I wrote the first three chapters and the last chapter. If we work something out, you are under no obligation to me of any kind. Obviously I'd like to see my original idea, or something close to it, come to fruition. Having said that, you are free to make any changes you like.

Incidentally, I am a high school math teacher/adjunct university engineering lecturer.

Brian

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Why not just hold on to it? You may one day decide to start working on it again.

3. Dearest Mothership

Dearest Mothership Member

^ This. There is no shame in harboring a trunk novel, so long as you're open to setting it free.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Never mind setting it free. I have three of them. I cannibalize them. I know not every writing process allows for the repurposing of scenes or writing that never went anywhere, but my process does have this feature. [​IMG]

sprirj likes this.
  5. Dearest Mothership

Dearest Mothership Member

Fair enough. Either way it's better than letting them rot like a bag of apples.

(I hope you're listening, @Carwhisperer )