1. Kramitdfrog

Kramitdfrog Member

Am I a bad poet?

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by Kramitdfrog, Oct 2, 2013.

I have posted several poetry on this site. And so far have had little to no feed back what so ever. It actually, well it actually sucks. I thought I had done some really good work... wanted people to help me hone my skills but this page doesn't seem to cater for poets.

So I am either a bad poet and no one is kind enough to tell me. Or this site really doesn't cater for poets.

So I think I'll need some sites for people who actually help others with poetry because I'm actually getting no feed back on any of my poetry and actually seeing other poetry being critiqued right after mine. While my poems are completely ignored. If I'm bad tell me how to improve.

Kermit :)

Any other sites for poetry would be much appreciated.

K

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'm sorry you have gotten no feedback or help here, kermit... i don't check the poetry section because i don't have time for all of the sections, but i do mentor aspiring poets and will be happy to have you email me what you consider your 3 best pieces, if you want an assessment of your skills...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

Simpson17866 likes this.
  3. JJ_Maxx

JJ_Maxx Banned

Sorry to hear that, Kermit.

Poetry is difficult to critique. It is open to interpretation and doesn't require following any standards. The best you can do is read it and see if it makes you feel something.

I've never posted a poem on here until I posted one to the latest contest. I don't expect to get too much feedback after the contest is over and I certainly don't expect to win.

That being said, there are strictly poetry forums out there you just gotta search for them. I can't link here because it's against the rules. ;)

Good luck!

~ J.J.

Simpson17866 likes this.
  4. PiP

PiP Contributor Contributor

I can offer critique on your poetry. Please PM me and we can discuss.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I understand you feel ignored, but I think you're placing too much importance on receiving critique, and reading too much into the lack of it.

It's nice to get feedback, but you'll actually grow more as a writer from giving critique than from receiving it. Moreover, giving critique is totally under your control - no waiting required. What you discern in other people's writing will give you insight into your own work.

PiP and Simpson17866 like this.