1. Ashrynn

Ashrynn Active Member

Want to have my short story published!

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Ashrynn, Jun 22, 2011.

So I am writing a story that's about 2-3k words and I was wondering if I should try to have it published.

https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=42812

It's going to be similar to the format of the other short story I did and have a few of the same themes.

I mean, can you even get this sort of stuff published ^^??

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Of course you should try to get it published. There's a market out there for pretty much everything. A good place to look for markets is duotrope.com.

3. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Ashrynn,

I've not read your story, but as Thirdwind indicated, there's a market for most stories written. Originality helps as does quality as competition is pretty stiff.

Complete the story to the best of your ability, research markets and then send it to where you think you have the best shot. I'd suggest a paying market, but it's up to you.

The worst that can happen is your work isn't accepted/rejected. If it is, consider any comments you may get from the editor, revise as you see the need, and send it to another market. Repeat until your work is accepted or you exhaust all possible markets. While you're waiting for responses, write something else.

Good luck.

Note: Also as Thirdwind indicated, duotrope.com is a good place to start your search for a market.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto all of that!