1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Horror Poetry Question.

Discussion in 'The Craft of Writing Poetry' started by Torana, Jun 16, 2008.

I am just curious to know whether anyone else here writes horror poetry?

I know Gloom Kitty and myself do, but just wondering if anyone else here does?

If so, have you tried to get your work published?

If so again, how successful have you been?

I have spent a lot of time submitting to many publishers, with my horror poetry, and each time, received a rejection, because my work has been a little, too horror like, for their magazines/etc. So I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems....plus curious to see how many people write horror poetry as well :D

2. InPieces

InPieces New Member

I've attempted, but never had enough concrete recognition (by means of published works) to know if I am any good.

I've sent work to Ashen Eye - to be rejected. I've also sent my work elsewhere, but have only published two actual pieces, in spite of dozens of submissions. Even the places I've been published in are smaller, online publishers, not giving me much exposure, and i often wonder if I was published for the sake of being 'filler'.

I have hope, though, and I'll keep writing whether it be horror poetry, contemporary poetry, or fiction.

3. Torana

I got one poem published with Fear and Trembling. Not a huge paying market either. One very small payment.

And so that is 3 members now that I know of, that writes horror poetry.

Anyone else?

4. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I've written one thing called 'The Dead Sea.'

But that's it in all honisty.

5. InPieces

InPieces New Member

Also, in regards to the Ashen Eye, they recently went under after only one issue :(

Another blow to a struggling niche market.

6. Torana

I noticed that. It really is horrible to see so many magazines closing the doors. I was given a list of 30 publishers recently and only a third of those publishers are still up and running now.