September 28th energy shift

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by No-Name Slob, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Mercury retrograde is nothing but an illusion as the Earth's and Mercury's orbits pass each other one sees the illusion of Mercury moving backward relative to the background stars. It has no effect on the Earth. This video shows Mars but it's the same for Mercury.

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Look this blood moon stuff was predicted long ago in ancient times from four of the greatest men who ever lived.

I have actual proof of this and we are going need faith and love to overcome it.

Allow me to lecture and share with you all on on this prophecy

GingerCoffee likes this.
  3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

The question is whether you believe in astrological effects at all. If you do, then since astrology is positional relative to earth, then it makes sense that a planet's retrograde would be taken into account, because the relative positions are at a certain place and changing in a certain way at that time. Of course, the planets are always in certain relative positions with respect to earth, so you'd have to posit that there is something particular about the relative positions during the time period in which the planet appears to have retrograde motion.

4. Steerpike

@Kingtype CCR couldn't even figure out who was going to stop the rain, and we're supposed to trust them on moon issues?

Kingtype likes this.
  5. GingerCoffee

In other words if you believe in nonsense anyway, what's a little more nonsense?

You do know that the cars driving down the street exert a greater gravitational effect on a person than constellations and other planets, right?

6. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributor Contributor

Astrology dates back to a time when people believed the planets were gods, and gods influenced events on earth. They didn't have a clue about what was actually going on. People have the capability to see patterns in randomness. Just because a pattern is perceived, doesn't mean those objects or events are connected.

When people today talk about 'energy' and 'vibration' (that cannot be measured with a scientific instrument) these seem to be metaphors for moods and mood changes, which can be manipulated with techniques such as meditation. Such things are explainable in terms of brain chemistry.

Some of this can end up as self-fulfilling-prophesies. Instances of good luck and bad luck can be thought of of very significant or insignificant depending on your mood. When you're happy, you will be more inclined to take advantage of opportunities that come your way and you will benefit from them more often than not. When you're sad, new opportunities will seem too risky. If you treat people well, they'll tend to treat you well in return. There is nothing supernatural here.

You make your own luck, and you are the master of your own destiny. If you want something to happen, you'll probably have to make it happen. The right time is now. If you don't realize this, one day you may realize that the right time, was about twenty years ago.

matwoolf likes this.
  7. farenheit451

farenheit451 New Member

Joel 2, v. 28-32

The Message (MSG)

“I will pour out my Spirit
    on every kind of people:
    Your sons will prophesy,
    also your daughters.
    Your old men will dream,
    your young men will see visions.
    I’ll even pour out my Spirit on the servants,
    men and women both.
    I’ll set wonders in the sky above
    and signs on the earth below:
    Blood and fire and billowing smoke,
    the sun turning black and the moon blood-red,
    Before the Judgment Day of God,
    the Day tremendous and awesome.
    Whoever calls, ‘Help, God!’
    gets help.
    On Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
    there will be a great rescue—just as God said.
    Included in the survivors
    are those that God calls.”

8. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

Don't hate the game, hate the playa'. :supercool:

Just kidding, don't hate anyone.

Thank you for explaining your beliefs. I respect that you have them, and I'm curious, which is why I asked. I didn't intend for people to become offended, nor for others to come onto this thread belittling them. See it for what it is, don't take it too personally. :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  9. No-Name Slob

@GingerCoffee there's really no need to be rude. Not sure if it makes you feel better, or what? I usually respect your input, but you're simply being inflammatory in this thread.

The way I see it, the New Agers aren't doing any harm in their beliefs, according to what Lea said. That's different from other groups (Extreme Christian sub-denominations, hope that's more PC) who are causing a lot of fear mongering with their's.

Lea`Brooks likes this.
  10. No-Name Slob

YOU may not have said it, but many, many, many articles/blogs I've read have. You don't have to lump every Christian into that category, I'm certainly not.

11. Foxe

Foxe Active Member

People who get upset about religion are those who, subconsciously, are afraid of having the foundation of their belief shaken at its foundation. Fear, hate and anger will follow because emotion is the only response to something that has its roots, not in reason, but in an intangible feeling (dare I say inculcation?) of divinity.

The reason why religious observance is dropping is because religion has no outward means of expanding knowledge and understanding, and therefore must retreat to inward reflection (which cannot -- and even when it could be, is not -- always be qualified). Science provides us the ever expanding philosophy of building upon what we've learned, and re-learning if necessary.

12. No-Name Slob

Do you know for how many years people have been using these scriptures to justify the notion that we're living in the "end times?" Hundreds and hundreds of them. So if you're using this to justify the world ending on the 28th, then can you explain what makes it different in this era? And for that matter, could you also tell me why it is that these people who live by the Bible and believe that it is absolute truth keep trying to predict the end of the world, when the Bible itself says this:

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 21:36

If taking the above scripture into account, couldn't one argue that those trying to predict the end of the world are committing the same sin that Lucifer committed when he was thrown out of heaven, by likening themselves to God, Himself?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  13. Aaron DC

Aaron DC Contributor Contributor

Unless it's, you know, sound. Which is vibrating air, and not a physical object per se.

14. No-Name Slob

So what are the people who get upset and lash out at people who have a religion? Because in its nature, it's seems a lot to me like two sides of the same coin. Couldn't you argue that those who try so hard to discount someone else's beliefs are doing so because they're afraid to have the foundation of their beliefs shaken? And don't tell me the fact is fact, because science is constantly changing. I'm not necessarily a religious person, but I certainly don't understand why someone would go out of their way and spend hours on a computer to research ways to belittle someone else's faith which in no way affects them, unless of course, it offends them that they have it.

15. Kingtype

[QUOTE="No-Name Slob, post: 1377630, member: 70679"

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 21:36

If taking the above scripture into account, couldn't one say that those trying to predict the end of the world are committing the same sin that Lucifer committed when he was thrown out of heaven, by likening themselves to God, Himself?[/QUOTE]

That brought that song to mind

No-Name Slob likes this.
  16. Steerpike

You're rational, and therefore don't follow the workings of the irrational mind.

Or else you're right, people get so offended by there mere idea of it that they can't help themselves.

Or both. The two aren't mutually exclusive :)

No-Name Slob likes this.
  17. Kingtype

There's just something in the water.

18. Foxe

Foxe Active Member

I will not throw around atheistic platitudes your way. I will say that people who lash out against religious people are in fact also people who have no control of their own intellectual faculties and must, therefore revert to emotion. Zealots - people who claim certainty - are a danger to mankind.

Ultimately there is no danger in people's religious beliefs until they're aimed outward (I don't need to name the countless events on the news to prove that one to you). Where the danger does lie is in the collective stagnation -- maybe today we can call it glacial pace -- of progress. The same can be said about atheistic certainty.

The true intelligent person, whether spiritual, religious, or atheist would be willing to accept the possibility of mistake. To wit, an atheist must be willing to accept a divine event if the proof were so compelling just as much as a religious person should be able to question their faith in the face of logic. Both would benefit, as would man kind.

Again, the danger (and the fools) lie in the extremes of certainty.

No-Name Slob likes this.
  19. Aaron DC

Aaron DC Contributor Contributor

I like Southpark's take on things, often:

20. GingerCoffee

Not trying to be rude, I just have a hard time pretending it's OK for people to believe wholly unsupported nonsense.

On the one hand it is apparently OK to say someone believes in [X]. On the other it's rude to believe and post that [X] is crap. I would be untrue to myself to say anything less.

As for harm, there's plenty of that if you look for it. Parents that don't vaccinate their kids is an obvious one. But people that have been duped out of thousands of dollars is the most common.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.