Serious Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Heather Louise, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Slippery

Slippery New Member

I would be a Ninja who wore a cowboy hat, only spoke native american, and worked for a pirate. His parrot would be my translator.

2. Flubagalub

Flubagalub New Member

Ninja. If you've played Ninja Gaiden you'd know that a ninja can take down 2 tanks and a helicopter with only a bow & a dozen arrows (granted the arrows are made from tank shells, but still), and they're not even the hardest fights in the game.

3. witch wyzwurd

witch wyzwurd New Member

I understand that reading words in a forum can lead one to hear words how they want to, but not necessarily how they are meant. You hear no inflections from me, but you build them up based on what you would mean if you said the same thing.

Please don't assume my personality or attitude based on my typed words. It's not enough and is not fair. I just find it amusing that hundreds of years later, some people aren't hip with history. And, as, far as the Spanish thing goes... According to someone I work with who is from Spain, she says that she has a tough time talking to Mexicans. Although there are some common words, many are different.

Maybe it is time that Americans start referring to their language as Amerish. I have no problem with progression.:)

4. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Actually, the understanding of your tone came from your capitalization and exclamation marks. I don't necessarily have a preconceived personality or voice attached to any of these words. However, my observations of grammar usage and other posts eventually lead me to what I believe you are trying to convey to those on the other side. Furthermore, I think that word choice and content do show the personality of the writer -- assuming they aren't taking up a role.