1. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

If there was one thing you would change, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Daniel, Apr 28, 2007.

If you could change anything or add any feature or basically do anything to improve the site, what would it be?

2. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

i reckon a reputation mod installed would be cool

1 person likes this.
  3. Sayso

Sayso New Member

To be brutally honest - grey doesn't inspire me and I would prefer to see a colour in its place. I have no idea if that can be achieved or not and is only superficial anyway.

I think the layout is easy enough to follow so I see no need for change there.

I do like to be able to see who's online and what they are looking at (including guests), but that's just me being nosy.

I LOVE the increased avatar allowance and have already made use of that.

Overall though, it's a great site and I don't know of any major changes that could improve it.

I think you and the staff do an excellent job and I for one am glad to be able to be a part of it. Thanks.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

huh?... sorry to be dense, but i've no clue to what that means...

for myself, i'd like to have the site remember my password, so i don't have to type it in every time i dump my cookies... other sites do that, but not this one, for some reason...

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Actually, we do already have a rep system.

As for keeping your password when you clear your cookies, I'm 98% sure this isn't possible with virtually any site. Usually the ability to keep your password remembered is stored in a cookie - so if you delete the cookies, you'd also be deleting the remembered password.

As for the look/style, you're saying the same layout, just a different color scheme?

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

what i'm referring to is what happens on some of the sites i go to... they keep my password in their own data base, so even after i clear my cookies on my computer, when i type the first letter of my username, the whole thing pops up and as soon as it appears in the sign-in box, my password is automatically added, so i don't have to type the whole darn thing every day, as i must do here...

one of the sites that offers this is www.critiquecircle.com ... not a very complex site... probably less so than this one... others are major ones like www.imdb.com

7. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

When I choose the 'Log Out' option from under the 'Links' section (on the top right hand corner of the website) the colour of the page will turn grey, as to appear to be loading, but then it is almost as if the page has frozen entirely.

So I refresh the page, and I find that I haven't logged out at all.

Am I going to the wrong link to log out?

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

The only real problem I have found with the forum is that members are unaware of things that are going on within the forum.
    I spoke with a member and he had no idea that the poetry contests were even started up here.
    I guess that it is fault of the members really, but I have noticed that we are not always aware of what the forum has to offer at times and unaware of some of the features of the forum.
    I personally feel that the forum has a lot right now and we need to focus on those areas and getting activity going throughout the forum.
    But an area where members can come together to brainstorm ideas or even work together on their work would be good maybe. Although it may not work....

~Torana

9. Sayso

Sayso New Member

Yes. Grey to me is dull and uninspiring. If you are able to change the colour, is there any way that you could perhaps give us a few of your favourites and then put it to a poll for the others to help choose?

Saying all this though, it's just my opinion and others may love the grey. I'd be interested to know what more people think.

I also agree with Jaclyn on the 'log out'. I've been logged in as myself and as a guest before. It's nice to know that when a person has gone, that they have in fact gone completely and are not in that 'log out' time zone.

I don't know if there's any way of solving Toranas thoughts about people not knowing things. You can't expect people read everything on the forum, there's still a few sections I haven't visited through choice. Suggesting something like putting announcements in the announcements section would not guarantee them getting read either. The only thing I can think of is some way of highlighting things, but where do you draw the line with this? What's important to one person isn't to another.

I've no idea if this helps or not and are just my thoughts on the topics raised.

Keep smiling folks! :D

10. Torana

Actually I think that is a great idea.

~Torana

11. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Longer pages. They are too short.

Some subforums for essays and mongraphies.

12. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Like I put in another thread I'd like the previous competition entries availiable for viewing as they seem once the competition is over they disappear and the winner posted for a week, then it too disappears.

Some sort of reference folder for previous entries and winners.

13. Myst

Myst Active Member

Amen.

14. Torana

Mabe ab area in the forum where we can all go and write together, a short story, novel or anything else that people wanted to do together to create a more involved community.
    I think that maybe if we can start a few stories off and have everyone add to it then we could creat a wonderful piece and maybe even do it in groups like the rpg section except that it would be a novel or short story that the members were writing together.
    I don't know if it would work or not, but it is something that I have never really seen on a forum before and it could be quite interesting.
    Hulls Raven has started a piece off already and placed it in the novels section located at the bottom of the forum, but maybe if we had a seperate area inthe forum for this kind of thing it would get far more involvement and would not be hidden away among other story submissions either.

~Torana

15. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Id like to see different colour styles available for the forum the blue and grey are a little boring

16. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

How about pink and orange? :p

Or pink and green? Or rainbow? :p :D

17. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

To echo some of the above I think there needs to be a Competitions folder to raise their profile. Certain members it's said don't know they exist - this would help.

Hulls Raven puts a lot of selfless effort into organising, collating and presenting the poetry competition yet sadly there were only five entries this week.

Also as I said above somewhere immediately obvious for previous entries and winners to be displayed would be preferred.

Thanks