1. PlotDeviceManager

PlotDeviceManager New Member

Extend that Metaphor!

Discussion in 'Word games' started by PlotDeviceManager, Jun 17, 2013.

I've a wonder, if I may?

In my eighth grade English class, we played a game, called "Extend that Metaphor!", but it's not exactly what it sounds. The point was to take a familiar quote, platitude, metaphor, or saying and extended it using "scientific and specific words" until it is thoroughly unrecognizable, but (and this is the important bit) still understandable.

Ex. - The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. <--- This was my metaphor back then ;)

Extension - The short, flowerless plant covering much of the Earth's surface is eternally and without exception, a stronger and deeper hue on the opposing side of the barrier, railing, or other upright structure, typically of wood or wire, enclosing an area of ground to mark a boundary.

Next Post - Extend this Metaphor!

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Anyone want to play?

2. maskedhero

maskedhero Active Member

The cardiac muscle and connective tissues, including valves, are forcibly separated into many pieces.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

A warmblooded avian descendant of theropod dinosaurs held in the prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located at the end of an arm or forelimb of a homo sapiens values at twice the going currency when compared to two of the same aforementioned avian descendant of theropod dinosaurs when these two other examples are housed within decorative shrubbery often used to define property borders.

Next: Time and tide wait for no man.

4. PlotDeviceManager

The indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole as well as the alternate rising and falling of the sea will under no circumstances, stay in one place or delay for any male homo sapient.

Next post:

Love conquers all

5. Wreybies

The concept refering to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from pleasure to interpersonal attraction to an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment that can also be a virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection and may describe compassionate and affectionate action towards other humans, one's self, concepts, constructs, or animals is an opponent that will always and under all circumstances and conditions triumph over all commers, in all forms, be they physical, conceptual, or paradigmatic.

A stitch in time saves nine.

6. PlotDeviceManager

A loop of thread or yarn resulting from a single pass or movement of the needle in sewing, knitting, or crocheting enclosed or surrounded by the steady progression of events through space, can exempt the necessity of more loops of thread or yarn, specifically the mathematical summation of one and eight.

Curiosity killed the cat.

7. Erasmus B. Dragon

Erasmus B. Dragon New Member

The desire to learn, discover, or explore caused the cessation of the biological functions of felis domesticus.

Don't cry over spilt milk.

8. swordsandpens

swordsandpens New Member

It is prohibited on these premises to suffer a lachrymatory reaction to the unintended outpouring of dairy products.

A penny saved is a penny earned.

9. Wreybies

The retention of a coin equal to 1/100th of a dollar, the base unit of fiat money within a variety of monetary systems, is equal in value when compared to a similar coin garnered as the result of a return on investment or labour in favor of the investor or laborer.

A rolling stone gathers no moss.

10. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

A rolling stone gathers no moss.

A solidified and rounded remnant of ancient geological expulsion, whilst traveling with some velocity due to the effect of gravity, will invariably accrue no particulates of common flora such as algae.

Tell me who you walk with, and I'll tell you who you are.

11. PlotDeviceManager

Inform me of the identity of the person or persons with whom you engage in mutual locomotion with and I will divine your personality traits.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.