1. sprirj

sprirj Contributing Member

Share your first three sentences (antagonist introductions)

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by sprirj, May 2, 2016.

Stealing tenderisers stolen idea. I thought this might be quite an interesting take on the first three sentences theme?this is mine.

I reached out a foot to kick his foot.

"Wake up!"

"Ever feel like you're talking to a brick wall?"

zoupskim and Oscar Leigh like this.
  2. NiallRoach

NiallRoach Contributing Member

I don't actually have an antagonist, so I shan't be taking part, but it's an interesting idea.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. LemonadeLover

LemonadeLover Member

This this is actually a really good idea, made me realise that some of my sentences could do with being condensed down a bit.
    Anyway, here goes:

Once they were certain that he had no contraband they made him continue on his own, along a short corridor and to a closed, blue door. Nick knocked tentatively.
    “Enter.” Came a deep voice.

4. sprirj

sprirj Contributing Member

Antagonist in any sense. If it is an environment or situation or anything at all. There must be conflict of some kind? If not, I'd love to know some more.

5. DefinitelyMaybe

DefinitelyMaybe Contributing Member Contributor

I'm treating these threads as writing prompts. As in the other thread, I don't (yet?) have a story for this.

Harry McPherson wore a tailored cashmere suit, a shit-eating grin, and revealed that he knew absolutely nothing about advertising every time he opened his mouth. But when Old Man Fairbrass, Sally Masters, and John Logan entered the boardroom, each of them gave McPherson a smile and a nod. It was at that point that I realised we had a political animal in our midst, and it was sure that trouble would be following him into town.

IHaveNoName and Oscar Leigh like this.
  6. dreamersky1212

dreamersky1212 Active Member

Technically four sentences, but here you go...

Standing in the center of that stage was a man dressed in the full regalia of the Ringmaster. With his knee high boots, knee britches, red frock coat and top hat covering his sandy blond hair, he looked like he'd stepped out of some playbill sketch from a century ago.

His smile had an almost feral edge to it as he said, "Now Skylar, you surely can not blame me for trying to have a bit of fun. This world can be so tedious at times, would you begrudge me a little jest to liven things up?"

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Oscar Leigh likes this.
  7. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributing Member Contributor

Corporal Smith sat on the back of her armored car and glanced at the stinking traitor corpses with disinterest. She turned her attention north, eyeing the destroyed building with pride. Her soldiers, including the straft, were skillful and precise, even under fire.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  8. NiallRoach

Sexual tension is probably the closest candidate, and putting a label on the first appearance of that is pretty hard. Plus, it was probably constitute the introduction of my MC. I do have a secondary bad guy, who might qualify, but I wouldn't call him my antagonist as much as walking problem causer. His isn't the primary storyline. I'll drop his introduction here in a second.

9. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributing Member Contributor

From my current WIP:
    Shoes appeared at the top of the ramp, not just shoes, but someone's shoes. Okay, that was strange. Aliens wearing shoes?

sprirj and Oscar Leigh like this.
  10. NiallRoach

"How you doing?" Jack asks from the drivers' seat. His voice is slow and deep, a limousine rolling through town. Hannah takes in the sight of him, holding her gaze for an extra second on his chin.​

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  11. DefinitelyMaybe

DefinitelyMaybe Contributing Member Contributor

Hmmm... more general than just a single person antagonist.

Jake Lang immediately forgot every other word of the joke apart from the word 'poof'. He saw the smiling relaxed face of the teller, and how his new neighbours screamed with laughter. Jake forced a covering laugh, and counted his first day until he could leave this one horse town.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  12. Cave Troll

Cave Troll Bite the bullet, do your own thing. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Well not exactly anything I have been working on, but hey I can fake it. :supergrin:

Struggling against the bonds holding her fast in place, blindfolded and gagged she growled angrily in frustration. He entered the dark room slowly, plugged in a Hitachi magic wand and sat beside her writhing body. "How dare you buy the last batch of chocolate chip cookies", he said menacingly in her ear, as he flipped the device on an moved it toward her nether region slowly. :superlaugh:

Oscar Leigh likes this.