1. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Senior Member

Books About Nutrition

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MainerMikeBrown, Jul 19, 2013.

Learning About Nutrition

I don't know about you, but I sometimes hate reading books and watching news reports about nutrition. Often, nutritional experts think one type of food is bad for you, and then six months later a study will indicate that they're wrong.

What really gets me is that after learning a fair amount about nutrition, I'm too afraid to eat anything!

2. 7thMidget

7thMidget New Member

I prefer to just eat varied stuff and forget (only to some extent) what the supposed pros have to say. It's just that reading that milk is full of calcium and protein, but also full of fat and carcinogens, then reading that oily fish is an amazing source of the so-called healthy fats, but is also contaminated with heavy metals, then reading that X and Y and Z and stuff... Until they decide that our meals should just be water and a bunch of pills, one for each group of nutrients, I'll just eat away. We can't protect ourselves from every single potentially bad thing, as much as we would like to...

3. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Senior Member

I agree, I just keep it simple and eat everything in moderation.