1. Shbooblie

Shbooblie Contributing Member

Shbooblie's progress journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Shbooblie, Aug 14, 2015.

So I'm finally at a point with my writing where I feel the story has developed into something actually acceptable and not just random abstract ideas on a page, so I thought I'd start a progress journal- if only to give me somewhere to organize my thoughts and ideas.

I'm up to 23466 words now of ''ThePathogenesis of Absolon Prochazka' and I'm just hoping not all of them are complete garbage. The genre of my story is not really something I've considered which I'm not sure is a good or a bad thing, I guess fictional memoir is probably the most accurate description if that can be considered a memoir.
    I think I have my main story arcs and plotline all figured out and the first drafts of pivotal scenes are becoming fleshed out, it's just connecting scenes together I'm having trouble with. This is my first piece of writing and I know they say your first piece will be your worst but I'm really trying to make it something worthwhile, only time will tell If I'll actually be able to pull it off!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
    Aaron Smith likes this.
  2. Shbooblie

Managed to organize a lot of random paragraphs of character thoughts and dialogue into the order of events and started working on research for my MC's CBT sessions.

3. Shbooblie

Procrastination has reached a new level...I've actually written theme songs for my two main characters, although this is still relevant to the plot somewhat as one of the characters is an amateur songwriter. I've figured out I'm a very visual and auditory writer so sticking a song on whilst writing and looking at drawings of the scenes helps me get into the zone. My word count is 23005 so it's grew a little bit at least.

4. Shbooblie

23935 as of today

5. Shbooblie

6. Shbooblie

26502, Using my story now to procrastinate on writing my dissertation.Rewrote a few scenes and scrapped some crappy ideas.

7. Shbooblie

So I'm finished uni now and that means - more time to actually write the thing. I have an actual outline now, I know where I'm heading it's just getting there!

As of today I'm on 32927 words, but a lot of them are going to end up being cut or reworked. Also got my blurb wrote out. I'm getting more faith in my ideas by the day which is a good thing. Hoping to get the first draft finished before the end of this year. Things are getting serious now!

Catrin Lewis likes this.