1. Blitz_Emmerich

Blitz_Emmerich New Member

Shocking, isn't it?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blitz_Emmerich, Apr 28, 2010.

ok, that was the worst pun ever. You may call me Blitz, Blitz Emmerich, Emmerich or Em...or if you prefer my actual name, Caleb. I am male, 19 years old and I live in Virginia. I have been writing since I was about 13 years old, and I enjoy many things such as gaming, anime, and I love music.I am a Christian, though my views may seem to contradict that a lot of times, and as for politics, my views vary.

As for my writing, I mostly write fantasy and science fiction. And I am a furry (hate if you want, makes not a bit of difference to me) and most of my characters make this quite obvious.

Anyway, I hope to enjoy my time here. i don't know exactly how active I'm going to be, I'm mostly here to get help when I need it. See ya round the boards!

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Caleb, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Hey, no problem. Lightning up the tone is rarely a bad thing, and hopefully you won't bolt at my own awful puns.

Please read How to Use the Review Room before you post there. Posting your own writing for people to comment on should not be among the very first things you do here. It is worth taking the time to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

Also, be aware that posting a piece of writing on any public site, including this one, will greatly diminish your chances of selling it for publication. Removing the writing later does not alter that fact - once posted, it is irreversibly considered published. So do not post anything more than a small excerpt of any piece you are planning to submit for publication.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize constructive critique as a vital writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). Also, please use the same thread for all revisions and additional excerpts from the same piece of writing. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

And while you're looking around, don't forget to check out our Weekly Short Story Contest and Weekly Poetry Contest. They actually run more than one week apiece, but any member may enter, and all members are urged to vote for their favorites.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the WF. :)

4. Jemnisimi

Jemnisimi New Member

Ahooooy there matey.

Just browsing is grand fun. What kinda fur?
    Nice to meecha.

*offers waffle*

5. Blitz_Emmerich

what do you mean, Jem?

6. Jemnisimi

Jemnisimi New Member

Unless being a furry has taken on a new slang meaning, you have a totem critter.

7. Blitz_Emmerich

no, it hasn't. People outside of the fandom sometimes bunch non furry things in with furry things. Like people that think they are actually animals. People like to bunch them in with us too, but they are not furries, they are otherkin. something completely different(and kinda weird if ya ask me.)

8. Jemnisimi

Jemnisimi New Member

I know the difference. But what kind of anthro's still a specific animal. That's what I was asking.

9. Sezensteal

Sezensteal New Member

Welcome to WF Caleb :)

10. Blitz_Emmerich

so you're asking what my fursona is then? a wolf/dragon hybrid

11. Jemnisimi

Jemnisimi New Member

Yes, that was what I was asking. Oi. :p
    Have fun!

12. Karl C. Lewis

Karl C. Lewis New Member

hey there man! nice to have you here! even though i have only been here one day....still welcome...

13. Blue-Ruvy

Blue-Ruvy New Member

welcome! just a point of my curiosity, I wonder what a wolf/dragon would look like.
    But welcome, I think I might look at some of your work later. :)

14. raetrixx

raetrixx New Member

Hello Blitz! Welcome!

I don't write about anthro characters, but I do draw them (mostly wolves). I don't consider myself a furry neccesarily, but if any furry hate goes on around here, I'll be the first to have your back ;)

And I forgot to add, I'd love to read your work sometime!