1. adamcroft

adamcroft New Member

Audio Audiobook advice needed

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by adamcroft, Jan 26, 2012.

Hi all,

Following the success of my self-published crime & mystery books, I was approached by a well-known British actor and writer who wanted to work with me on adapting my books as audio dramatisations. One of the reasons he's so keen is that the success of the books was entirely self-perpetuated and done with no investment or 'professional' backing. We're both keen for this vein to continue, so are now actively seeking ways of publishing the audio dramatisations as audiobooks or paid-for podcasts.

Admittedly, this is an area which I know little about so I'm looking to pick a few brains and find out how's best to do it. Of course, the main markets are Audible (requires a large back catalogue and promise of future productions) and iTunes (if anyone can tell me how to publish audiobooks here, they'd be a God-send, as I can't find out for the life of me). Ideally, we want to be able to open up the audiobooks, which are being produced as 'shorts' in serial form for each novel, to the market as effectively as possible.

Just for the record, I don't need any help with producing or creating the audiobooks – we're already in production and have a number of well-known British actors in the cast, which is absolutely fantastic, plus it's being professional produced. We'll have the finished product very shortly and just need to be able to make it available. How's best to do this?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Adam