4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. The Exchange of Twins

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Closed Voting Short story contest #170 Theme: "Twins"

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Short Story Contest Archives' started by GingerCoffee, Feb 25, 2015.

Short Story Contest # 170
    Theme: "Twins" courtesy of @Lancie.

Contest story entries can be found HERE. Scroll down to post #5.

We have eight entries in this contest. The winner will be revealed in ~three weeks and the winner thread will be stickied until the next contest's winner is crowned. No more entries are allowed in this contest.

Entries are listed in the poll in the order posted.

Voting ends in ~three weeks, Sunday, Mar 15, 2015 ~6:00 pm Pacific Time. (Don't know why the poll says closes at 6:59 but I'll let the poll close at whichever time it decides. :p )

I encourage authors to vote. While it is controversial, it remains acceptable in the short story contest to vote for yourself. I encourage you to vote honestly. In the name of good sportsmanship only vote for yourself if you have read all the other stories and given them your honest evaluation.

Consider how the author has responded to the theme, as well as the quality of the writing and overall impression of the story in making your decision.

Read for pleasure, learning, and to vote.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. GingerCoffee

Lots of good stories so it's no wonder the votes are spread evenly around. The good: we have more voters than we usually do. That's wonderful. The bad: there's not a clear winner yet, we need more voters. Still plenty of time to vote. :)

3. GingerCoffee

Vote: help break the tie or make it a three-way. ;)

4. GingerCoffee

Poll closes in an hour and a half and we still have a tie for first and a tie for second place. Time to vote. Thanks.

5. GingerCoffee

Darn, just what I was afraid of, we got one more vote, but instead of breaking the tie, we now have three people tied for second place. I was thinking of a runoff between the top 4 but now that there are five top stories I think a runoff of the top two would be less complicated. So, I will set up a runoff vote and hold off on creating a poll for the new contest.

The top two stories are, Hardly Bearded Innocence and Coffin Forest. Congrats to the two anonymous authors. I do hope we can get most of the 20 voters :agreed::agreed::agreed: to vote on the top two. I'll open voting for 48 hours then go for sudden win if the stories are still tied at that point.