Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryGuyBRendan

HarryGuyBRendan New Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Wells, Somerset, SouthWest England, Britain

Short Story Project

Discussion in 'Bi-Weekly Short Story Contest Archives' started by HarryGuyBRendan, Dec 15, 2011.

Hola, chicas!

I've been trying to start up a project for amateur writers and illustrators to pair up and produce short stories together. It's aimed at building working relationships between the two disciplines and between others of the same ... let's call it 'craft'.

It's also trying to get British people to think about Britain and the United Kingdom in a less exclusive way, but entries are welcome from anywhere in the world. I think it'd be really neat to have (say) an American's perception of Britain in there too.

Anyway, it's going well, but barely anyone has heard of it outside of the South of England - which is really self defeating as it's aimed at bringing everywhere together. I suppose I'm putting this here because I want to know if:

A. Anyone has any ideas for how to get the word out there about it

& B. Anyone's interested in having a go. Write, illustrate yourself or in a pair, trio or whatever. Just centre the story around what 'Great Britain' means to you. We're aiming at getting the end result put in one big anthology, which would be awesome, and an amazing accolade for any young artist.

I've rambled. The website for the projects is Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.