Should moderators get paid?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by NaCl, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

In order to pay them, you'd have to pay to join here. You wouldn't do that would you? Why pay when you can go somewhere else for free right? I don't see the point in paying them to do what they do. It's part of the job. They wanted it, they got it! They have it to deal with. Hate to say it and sound cold hearted or anything, but this isn't real life! This is the internet. So they aren't real jobs! If they were publishers, editors, offerred services like maia does, then sure, go ahead and pay them I spose. But simple fact is that this is a writing community, nothing more.

(sorry if I sound so harsh, but what I have stated is the non sugar coated truth!)

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ok, so if we paid them, what i want to know is would they then qualify for multi-million-dollar severance pay packages, like all those execs get in the business world, if they muck up the site and leave it a smoking ruin? ;-)

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Gold is a very impactical material to make a parachute from.

4. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

True, but at least you'll look very spiffy as you fall to the ground and blind everyone with your brilliance :cool:.

5. Cogito

Not really. You begin your free fall, pull the rip cord, and the parachute pack opens...

Unfortunately, the dense and highly malleable gold remains a compact block which will help dig you a deeper hole upon impact. Few will even see the sparkle of sunlight off the metallic yellow lump.

6. Cogito

Not really. MOST of the members here are wonderful, and great to work with. The only downside is the occasional person who "doesn't work and play well with others." And we try to keep them as our problem, and not defecating on the public walkways.

If most of you weren't so great, it wouldn't be worth it. But you are.

7. Raven

Raven Banned

I second that.