Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Union Operative 0282

Union Operative 0282 New Member

A Newbie's First Story

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Union Operative 0282, Feb 8, 2009.

I've never posted on an online site, before, but I had a really compelling idea for a story. However, I am kind of worried about how it will be received and whether or not it will get canned by the administration. I recently saw the 1915 French silent films called Les Vampires, about a secret criminal organization called "The Vampires" and I wanted to create something like it.
    I started thinking, what if there was a group of like married women, soccer moms, and perhaps old maid secretaries, and the like, that formed an underground criminal cabal involved in all manner of crimes, not excluding bank robberies, blackmail, civil espionage, perhaps even kidnapping, and stuff, but then playing off the normalcy of the rest of their lives to juxtapose complexity of character. It would be like Fight Club almost where they'd be very ordinary women, with very extraordinary extracurricular activities. They's have all sorts of different jobs, and you'd start the stories off meeting them and seeing how they are in life, and then seeing them descend into these criminal personas they adopt to cope with the banality of their lives.

I don't know if this sounds feasible, but I want to try and I want to get feed back if at all possible. I want the crimes to be gritty, and intense, again to make that great impression about the polar opposites of these two halves of each life. Does anyone have any warnings or thoughts on the best way to realize the goals I've set down? Please share. I want this to succeed.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

All work submitted for comment must be posted in the Review Room, after meeting the reviewing requirement, But te Review Room should not be the first place you go to on this site. It is te most demnanding area of the site.

Start with New Member Introductions, as you were urged to do when you completed registration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.