1. Galadrielle

Galadrielle New Member

Anyone else....

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Galadrielle, Nov 28, 2011.

...being haunted by the 'Lorem Ipsum' ghost?

There was I, minding my own business, getting ready to spill some more words of beauty into my manuscript and there it was, over four pages long,
    this 'Lorem Ipsum' which, if my enquiries are correct is a publishing tool. But what was it doing, popping up uninvited in my story?

I got rid of it, put my pages back to their original condition and added to them and put it away.
    LO and behold - the next time I opened my story, there it was again! It's driving me crazy! It takes ages to fix and it messes up the format too.

Anyone else had this happen and if so, how did you fix it please?

Hugs
    Galadrielle
    x

2. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Hi there Galadrielle

Sorry this is the first I have heard of.
    It sounds very weird. Do you have an example of what is actually happening?

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

check your page/text/paragrah settings... sounds like you have some kind of automatic editing tool enabled that just needs to be turned off...

4. Galadrielle

Galadrielle New Member

Thank you for your help.

Apparently it's a tool for measuring text-space required. http://www.lipsum.com/

What puzzles me is that I've never downloaded it and I'e been using the same edition of 'Publisher' for about ten years and it's never popped up before. It's not like I'm adventurous with format's etc. - I only use it to write in the normal way.

I've actually now bought a brand new edition of Publisher and, thankfully, it doesn't seem to be popping up in that up to now!
    Built-in obsolescence by Microsoft perhaps...? LOL!
    Hugs
    Galadrielle
    x