Simultaneous Short-Story Submission

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Nicholas C., Aug 29, 2011.

1. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Interesting. So where you come from, calling a woman a man's "groupie" isn't an insult so long as you then call them "cute"? Fascinating.

Little different where I'm from. Just so you know. :rolleyes:

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

You're taking this far too seriously. We clearly do not know anything about one another, so this kind of banter is hardly a basis for offense, imo. Unless you're looking to be offended. Carry on.

3. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Are you kidding me? "Banter" is not insulting my intelligence and attempting to undermine it as well by calling me someone's "groupie". Perhaps you should look up the word and see what it really, actually means if you think that's acceptable "banter" for a female that you don't know.

Tip - It's not.

You go ahead and carry on.

4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

It is anonymous internet banter. Granted, as we see here people have different thresholds for taking offense. Way I see it, taking offense to this sort of thing doesn't make sense. But then, I alsohang out on forums that make any exchange that ever ocurred here look like a walk through Sesame Street, so my gauge may be a bit different. Don't want any person to be offended in any real sense, and therefore you have my sincere apology. Was intended as a joke, seeing as I don't know you, and I apologize.

5. Lightman

Lightman Active Member

Question: if you submit to several magazines are accepted by one while still awaiting word from the others, are you expected to immediately okay your piece for publication, or can you wait to see if the other magazines are interested?

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

of course the venue offering you publication wants your acceptance right away... why would they want to be made to wait?...

you can wait or not, depending on how much you want to risk the offer being withdrawn... a lot will depend on when they want to publish it...