1. ArticulatedInsanity

ArticulatedInsanity New Member

Writing Imagery

Discussion in 'Word games' started by ArticulatedInsanity, Mar 18, 2009.

I started this forum so we could practice putting imagery together to increase our skill as writers. I'll start off.

The dismal cover of clouds loomed at a distance far above the shaded tree line, in menacing stretches across the midwestern sky.

2. becca

becca Contributor Contributor

The clouds looked as if doom rode on their shoulders, blocking out the blinding rays of the sun.

3. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

The story's climax was like watching a train wreck. At first you see the trains on a collision course, but refuse to believe they are going to hit. 'Trains never hit', you think. Suddenly they collide and you find yourself in a shocked state of disbelief. 'No ****ing way! those trains just collided!' Then suddenly a bystander runs up and sucker-punches you square on the jaw. That was the ending of the story; a train wreck followed by a sucker-punch.

4. becca

I stand in awe, of all that is believed. It was too much for a single brain to process. Sweat dripped into my eyes, as I looked, and beheld the doom of man. Technology ate up exsistence without a qualm.

5. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

The last man standing fell down and all that could be seen across the valley of violence was destruction and bloodshed. It touched the last piece of humanity left in the devil. He let them rest in peace.

6. Lygo

Lygo New Member

Far from the torment and pain, clinging to the remnants of a distant sun all but denied by a heavy blanket of cloud, a single, common, garden-variety daisy burst forth from the scorched earth in defiance.

7. becca

The bomb fell, expoding on inpact. Trees, houses, people, everything was decimated. There was nothing left but a raging inferno, it's ravinous hunger unstoppable.

8. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

The lady walked on in the silence of the night. Her long white hair trailed gracefully behind her, swirling at her feet. She'd walked many miles, but she didn't wear any shoes. She had a lot to go, she couldn't see her home yet.

9. Lyssa

Lyssa New Member

The swarm of the hospital room was like a blur. The mother watched them fight around her baby girl. She shouted out, but only got the doctor's short look. She could see it in his eyes though. Between his mask and hair net, the wide look of death was all that was there. She caught a glance between their swarming, continous bodies. She was a wriggling mess of red blood and as small as a true baby doll. But her mother looked at her and saw an angel, her perfect baby girl, that God might take too soon.

10. Lyssa

Lyssa New Member

That was fun, so I wanna do it again!

The sunlight streamed through the stain glass windows, as they sat in a silence you could taste. The pastor prayed over the small child's too-small casket. But all he could see was the sparkling dust sitting on the windowsill and flying without wings around the room. As soon as they reached the edge of the sunlight though, they slipped into the darkness. Just like his child. She had been there one moment, a sparkling joy of an angel, and gone the next. Into the darkness. Gone. Forever.

The grass, pricked at my skin as we lay, watching the stars. The pines surrounding us, loomed, like dark, giants marching through the fields. The stars appeared, one by one, each taking their turn with a grand entrance. I reached over and felt his hand, near mine. A spark of electricity jumping from one skin to another. Eveything looked to big and long. When I closed my eyes, I closed my mind and all I could feel was my hand in his.

11. Silver_Mystic_Breeze

Silver_Mystic_Breeze New Member

Dark sticky blood flowed from the corner of her mouth dripping onto her white cotton blouse. She wobbled unsteadily on her heels until the motion became too much. She fell crashing to the hard gravel ground, overcome by the searing pain that emanated from the wound. Blood flowed erratically from the abdomen drenching first the blouse, then forming a pool on the ground. As her life seeped from her in litres, she wondered why God would allow this to happen.

12. Lyssa

Lyssa New Member

The swarming hallway seemed to go into slow motion, people streaming around her. Not even noticing the tears, sparkling in her eyes. She watched him awalk away, waiting for him to turn back. For TIME to turn back. But it didn't. The hallway cleared, as the bell rang, a distant sound behind the silence that filled her ears. She slid down against the cool, unfeeling concrete wall. She felt one tear slide down her cheek, giving way for the rest. And there she cried, lost into the darkness the tears provided.