1. Raven

Raven Banned

Courtney Plans Kurt Auction

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, May 1, 2007.

Courtney Love has announced plans to auction the possessions of Kurt Cobain.

The widow of the Nirvana legend, who killed himself in 1994, says she wants to sell his belongings and give some of the proceeds to charity.

Love had a daughter, Francis Bean, with Cobain and says she doesn't need "to inherent a giant bag full of flannel shirts".

She explained: "I'm going to have a Christie's auction. (My house) is like a mausoleum. My daughter doesn't need to inherit a giant…bag full of flannel…shirts.

"A sweater, a guitar and the lyrics to '(Smells Like) Teen Spirit' - that's what my daughter gets. And the rest of it we'll just…sell", she told spinner.com.

Love, who plans to "make a lot of money and give a bunch of it to charity", has also revealed she still finds it almost impossible to get over Cobain's death.

She said: "I still wear his pyjamas to bed. How am I ever going to go form another relationship in my lifetime wearing Kurt's pyjamas?"

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    In all seriousness, I am a big fan of Nirvana, but I wouldn't buy anything of his. So, I have no idea how this is going to go...

3. coral reef

coral reef Banned

yeah thats wrong of her, so what if its flannel shirts, theyre flannel shirts worn by a legend, a man idolised all over the world, and what about francis beans thought, who knows she might want her dads flannies...courtney love has issues that shes battling for years, this is just another attention plea in my eyes....its working...

4. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hmmm I think its unfair of her to auction off stuff that his daughter may want someday... i'm sure it won't just be flannel shirts either.

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well in her defense at least she is going to give some money to charity.
    I know what it is like to lose a loved one and honestly as much as you want to keep a hold of all their belongings, at some stage you just have to let go and I am sure that their child will be happy with the things that she has/is getting that belonged to her father.
    At the end of the day they are merely material possessions and the most important thing that her mother can ever give her is to tell her all about him and to let her know that her father loved her.
    I applaud her for what she is doing, it would not be easy for her to sell his belongings.
    Whether it is just a way of getting attention or not, it is a very brave thing for her to do and would not be easy at all. I know I wouldn't be able to do it.

~Torana

6. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

Um... Surely she has enough money to tide her and her daughter over for a while, with her 'music career'. Why not give all of the proceedings to charity, Ms. Love? :s

7. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

I was a huge Nirvana/Cobain fan for a couple of years and I couldn't even stand the fact that his journals had been published after he died.

In all honesty I hardly believe Courtney is seriously considering donating some of the proceeds to charity.

I would think that if she was keen about sending money to charity that she'd name off a few she's thinking of supporting - unless she explains more in the rest of the article?

Whatever... I'm sick of Courtney Love.

8. coral reef

coral reef Banned

amen to the above post