1. 5ht

5ht New Member

So I'm here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 5ht, Jul 2, 2015.

Hey everyone,

I'm a college student from Lithuania.
    Somewhat unlike myself I came here spontaneously. Thoughts about writing have been darting in and out for a while now.
    Exams in university ended a week ago and the last one was in art therapy in which, among other things, we had to express ourselves in writing. That wasn't a new experience since I have dabbled in writing before and didn't particularly hate it. Being quite rubbish at every other form of self-expression I have always thought that if I ever find an artistic part of myself it would have to be writing. I don't really expect to be good at it, and I haven't yet decided what I ultimately want to achieve. Don't even know if I want to write in my native language or English. Nonetheless, sometimes when scanning bookshelves in bookstores I imagine what it would feel like to be part of that culture, the community of writers. Surely it can't be bad.
    In school I liked getting my thoughts out on paper. Mostly abstract ideas but also a few verty short pieces of fiction. Upon rereading they're quite cringeworthy, at least to me. No matter in what fashion I decide to pursue my urge to write, be it fiction or non-fiction, I will certainly need to brush up my skills.

So I'm here, ready to try.

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi, 5ht, and welcome to the forum! Please check out our New Member Quick Start Guide - it links to the Rules and has a bunch of other helpful information. It'll get you going around here.

Participate and have fun! :)