1. justinmurtuh

justinmurtuh New Member

What is this mysterious story? I know someone knows!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by justinmurtuh, Oct 7, 2010.

Hey everyone,

okay, so about 4 years ago, a teacher of mine told our class about a short story about the unexplained suitcases. Now, before I get into that, I just want to clarify that I can't remember the whole story nor the point of it. This is why I'm here to see if you guys can help me out.

Second thing, is that the teacher told us this because he wanted to let us know that creating a idea can come from anything like sitting at a airport and people watch. Anyways, this led him to explain about a writer in which he saw a couple that didn't have any suitcases. He wondered to himself, here are two people in a hotel with out any suitcase, but yet, they just arrived and are at the hotel desk getting checked in. So it lead to this story that he came up with.

I'll be really brief with the story.

The unexplained Suit Cases:

A older man is working at a library as he stocks the shelves. He had a rough relationship that resulted in a divorce a few years ago. Few minutes roll by and he sees a woman that he knows. It's his high school crush. It happens she is in town for a few days. So he pretty much talks to her and ends up having a dinner date.

The two go out to dinner as planed and everything runs smoothly. Because of that, they decide to go to a hotel. While checking in at the desk, The clerk asked them, "do they have any bags? You need to have bags to check in!"

**Here is the part that I forgot, why the clerk is so adamant about not allowing them to have a room if they don't have any luggage***

The man replies with a lie and says my lady and I don't have are bags with us because they were lost by the airlines.

The Clerk then said, Well, why don't you give me the name of the airlines and the description of your bags.

So the man did. He gave every single detail of the bags as well as the airlines. The man thought to himself, well, at least we get a room, it's not like their going to find it.

The clerk then hands him the key to his room. So that night, the man and the woman go to the room. Everything that a man wants to happen in a great night, has happen.

The next morning, there's a knock on the door. The man gets up from the bed to greet whomever is knocking on the other side. When he opens, there's a bellhop standing in front of him, as well as two suitcases that are identical to his description. Every detail he gave, match exactly what he saw. He couldn't believe it.

He brought the suitcases in and laid them down. He was astonish.....

End.

Anyways, I know I missed a lot more detail, but this is pretty much the short story. I just can not figure out where to find it or who wrote it. I search days on google, but there nothing to find.

Has anyone EVER heard of this story or very similar to it?

Thanks.

2. art

art Contributor Contributor

Could it be that your teacher was that writer?

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

never heard of it till now...

and, btw, the past tense of 'lead' is 'led'... ;-)

4. justinmurtuh

justinmurtuh New Member

Well, the possibility of that could be true, but it isn't. I do recall him speaking about a writer that came up with that idea. Then again, he could be lying to us.

Hey buddy, thanks for the correction.

Cheers,

Justin

5. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributor Contributor

That sounds familiar, but I have no idea where it's from... Sorry. Just verifying that I've heard something close enough to it that you probably didn't imagine it. :p

6. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Yeah I have been thinking the same as Mel been wracking my brains since you posted, very unsuccessfully but I think it is quite famous. I want to say Stephen Fry wrote it but no idea where that comes from and is probably badly wrong lol