1. hnamartin

hnamartin New Member

Social/Blog Group help!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by hnamartin, Apr 4, 2011.

I just joined and have been wasting a lot of time searching for these "social groups" and "blog groups." In my welcome message, it said I should find a link for the social groups on my public profile but I have scoured my profile and can't find it.

My hope is that I could find either a social group or blog group for people from New York. I joined this forum with the hope of meeting people that I could potentially meet in the "real world." Do such area based groups exist?

Thank you.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

they do, on the internet, though not on this site... all you have to do is google for whatever kind of group you want to find...

3. hnamartin

hnamartin New Member

hey, thanks for responding!! Umm.. so you mean websites like meetup.com and such? And when you say "they don't exist on this site" are you talking about area based social groups or social groups in general, because it did say in my welcome message that such groups exist on this website although I can't seem to find them. That means that hypothetically I could start my own "New York City" social group if I wanted to right?

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i suppose you could... in the 'lounge' section...