Social Standing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Oct 23, 2010.

1. violetinsideme

violetinsideme Active Member

I find my biggest problem is that I write in no particular genre. It is my way to just write. Pen to paper. As far as being "judeged" by what I write, I do not care. Reason being is that I write for myself. For relief. To vent. To be me in a world of much, much to much..."normalcy". Horror writing perceived to be written by people that are dark. It is not fair, but we do what we do because we love it. They can take what they need and leave the rest. "Kick 'em and feed 'em fishheads". :p

2. afrodite7

afrodite7 New Member

-since my novel is a scifi/fantasy novel,i find i can't say much about it.especially not other black people like myself.
    -because i write such things ,i am a bit too open minded for people.i can only make people laughe,which makes me wanna cry :(

3. the anarchist

the anarchist New Member

i don't restrict myself to one genre, i just write whatever i feel like, but i really cant say much about social standing. I stay indoors a lot. whenever i tell people i wrote a novel they think its cool though

4. Chevalier des Poissons

Chevalier des Poissons New Member

That happened to me as well, specially where I live. To be honest, admitting to be a poet was a very daring step. It brought me both positive and negative returns in social standing. While I nearly lost all my original social circle to discrimination (They call "Poetry" as "faggotry" here), I've saw myself getting inside a better circle.

I believe in the end things changed for the best.