Society. Whats Wrong

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Oct 9, 2007.

1. yfc54

yfc54 New Member

The main problems in this country as I see it are

1) Political Correctness- Free speech for all unless you say something which might upset the woolly minded limp wristed yogurt knitting tree hugging namby pamby bunch of tosspots(and believe me I cleaned that up because of the younger posters)

2) The campaign for racial equality- They actually cause more racism. It shouldn't make any difference if somebody is white black brown yellow or sky blue with pink spots but this bunch of do gooders together with the PC brigade go overboard. They'll tell us all that we can't do something because it will upset a certain minority group. For instance "Christmas Lights must be called Winter Lights" because it could upset Muslims. This causes unnecessary resentment which is really crap because I know several Muslim folk and they love joining in with the celebrations as much as anyone else

3)The benefit system- People who genuinely need the money struggle to get what they are due to while others swan around with no intention of getting a job but always seem to be decked out in the latest designer gear and are able to get a taxi to the benefits office. They think the country owes them something and use phrases like "I'm entitled to...." without having ever put anything into the system. Dickheads!

4)Victims are made to feel like criminals whilst the scum get away with murder(literally at times) If someone breaks into my house and they just happen to lose their balance and fall down the stairs after accidentally headbutting a baseball bat which just happened to be lying next to my bed then TOUGH! They should not be on my property. Shoplifters should be jailed, murderers and paedos should be sent to some remote island surrounded by sharks and anyone who robs cons or or beats up a pensioner should be publicly flogged then have salt poured onto the wounds so we could all see how tough they were then. Then they should be jailed.

5)A jail sentence should be done in full. None of this getting out early for good behaviour. They should have thought about that before they did the crime.

6)Talentless celebrities who are offered up as role models

and for my final rant I believe the following should be banned

Younger, taller better looking blokes than me, anybody who can play the guitar better than me, millionaires.billionaires,zillionaires,full heads of hair. Tennis because I can't play the damn game. Garlic,Daleks,Pillocks and Dickheads. Teenagers unless they are between the ages of thirteen and nineteen and last but certainly not least Newcastle Supporters(which will mean absolutely nothing to anyone outside of the UK)

I have to go now as matron says it is time for my medication and I must do as she says as I am already in trouble for ripping the padding from the walls of my bedroom:D

2. Raven

Raven Banned

lmfao

And will someone please ban coronation street.

Back to the seious side.

Racial abuse is something that should be lost with the dark ages and bullying those that are not strong enough.
    People tend to forget other people have feelings.

And kids shouldn't be allowed to stand on corners boozing.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I don't have a problem with Newcastle supporters. Manchester United supporters should be banned, though :p

Ohhhhh yes :p

4. Frost

Frost Active Member

Neck up ladies and gentlemen. It's human nature.

Deal with it.

EDIT: Thread seems to have progressed.

The things mentioned in Hulls first post are more or less survival instincts. Back in the day, if we had all been chivalrous, self-less gentlemen, we would have died out mighty fast. It's part of who we are. Society just makes it more apparent because everything is so easy to come-by here, radi radi rah.

In regards to racial discrimination, well, there's always going to be some one who's going to hate on everyone for no good reason. Again, something we've got to deal with.

No point being bitter, raving about who we should ban.

5. Banzai

Just ban humanity. That would solve all problems.

6. Frost

Frost Active Member

Pretty much.

7. Banzai

Then it's agreed. Now how should we do it, Frost?

8. Frost

Frost Active Member

World domination.

9. Raven

Raven Banned

Hey Thats my goal. :p

10. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Glory, Glory, Man Utd... Glory, Glory, Man Utd...

11. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Society. Hmmm..... It hurts more for compassionate people because they are looked down on for actually helping people. Okay, maybe not looked down on but it's hard for people that are sensitive and caring of other people.

Too much greed. The government forgetting what it's like to live as a batteler. I mena, in Australia there are people forced to live in sheds or in tents because the rent prices are too high. So I believe Governments don't help, well, most of them anyway.

12. Frost

Frost Active Member

Seriously. You cannot be serious. Alot of those people put themselves in tents, not the government. Neck up. The world is a harsh place. The government doesn't look after the individual, it looks after the country. Get over yourselves. All of us here, are fortunate enough to live in countries where the government has done a pretty good job. Look around you. We live in more or less peaceful neighbourhoods, we have a roof over head, we have food, we have computers. If there's anyone who's greedy, it's us. But we'd never admit that.

13. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm going to buck the trend here, because I would rather focus on what's right with the world.

The other day I saw someone rush over to help a stranger who was trying to carry too many grocery bags to her car while the young child by her side was pulling her arm and throwing a hissy.

I often see people stop what they are doing at work if someone looks lost in the hall, or if they overhear someone asking someone else a question thay happen to be able to answer.

During the week of 9/11, I saw people coming together to help others who were stranded by the grounded flights, taking them into their homes and feeding them.

During the Blizzard of '78, everyone went out of their way to check on neighbors they had never met, and helped strangers dig out, shared groceries. and so on.

When someone I know fled her home state with her children and only what they could carry in their car to escape an abusive husband, I saw many people reach out to donate furniture, clothing, and toys. One group paid to put them up in a hotel until they could find a place to move in to, while others helped arrange the more permanent lodgings.

Yes, I have seen people acting selfish and cruel. But I have also seen people reaching out to strangers out of the goodness of their hearts, asking nothing in return.

That's what is right with society.

14. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Yes. I am serious. Thankyou very much. And Hell yeah I'm greedy, maybe not as much as others but you know what? at least I try not to be cruel to other people.

And your right Cogito. Maybe we should start a thread about what is right with society.

15. Frost

Frost Active Member

Then your dillusional. For example, take North Korea. Prime example. North Korea's people are starving and in a bad way (to put it lightly) because the government keeping money it should be spending on it's people. Australia, on the other hand, invests billions upon billions of dollars to keep us all educated, healthy, protected and secure. Most Australians will take full advantage of this. The ones that don't, who live in tents as you say, more or less put themselves there, not the government. Whether they are there because they were born into a family of drug abusers, because they're drug abusers them selves, what ever, it's very very rare that the government is at fault for this small minority of impoverished people. It's not the governments fault. It just displays ignorance when people pin that sort of thing on the government, when there's clearly not much they can do about it.

And what relevance at all does being cruel to someone have?

16. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Frost. I could sit here and rant at you. But I wont because I really cannot be bothered with your ignorance. Maybe what's wrong with society is ignorance. Oh and some people that live in tents are meerly there because they cannot afford to both feed a family and pay rent amongst paying other bills all at the same time. And I'm fairly sure that most people don't like living in tents and sheds but do it because they have no choice. You see, I don't know about where you are, but it's bloody expensive to raise a family on low income.

Look guys, I'm sorry for ranting here but This is my point of view. Give me an infraction or whatever but I wont be belittled into following anyone that I don't agree with.

Erm.. what relevance does being cruel to someone have? This is about what is wrong in society. I'm thinking cruelty as well.

17. Frost

Frost Active Member

My ignorance? That's possibly the greatest insult I've ever received.

And why is it that they can't afford this? Is it because the government decided to just make life hard for everyone? I highly doubt it love. Not here, anyway. I realise that for some people it's beyond their control. But the government has the job of looking after the country as a country, not as a group of individuals.

So get off your high horse, step down from your pedestool, drop your noble (though misguided) anger and realise that you can't pin everything on the government.

The way you said it perhaps implied that it was a personal insult, like me getting on your case for being another ignorant ranter was cruel.

18. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Fair enough but I really didn't like it when you said Seriously? You cannot be serious! And being called delusional.

What I was trying to say is that it hurts some families that intrest rates and so on so forth is so high. It really doesn't help.

And I didn't say that everything was the governments fault.

Oh, and I was just sharing my opinion. Is that okay with you?

19. Raven

Raven Banned

And thats when i thank life for my family my kids and my beautiful wife. Whatever happens with the world they make me the richest man alive having them.

You have the good fortune of not living in Great Britain. When we came back from Afghanistan the public called us scum and murderers. They would spit on us as we began our journey home. Some even threw eggs at the bedford trucks that brought us home passing through the streets and towns.

They deemed us butchers. And yet we helped those same people when floods took them down south and again the lads from the regiments helped in Kent and shefield and when disasters put them in situations of chaos.

20. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

And who's to say that doesn't happen in America? I could bet my house it does. In fact this kind of public reaction also happened in the States, during the Vietnam war.