1. Ghosts in Latin

Ghosts in Latin New Member

Have you ever been writing a "Help Me!" thread...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ghosts in Latin, Feb 21, 2009.

... and, in the course of giving what you think may be a good solution, find a good solution?

I, for the past 10 minutes, have been writing a thread asking for assistance on a faulty combination of perspectives, and while typing up a possible solution, decided that, that was the solution.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

In my first college, we were offered the idea that a sufficiently precise definition of a problem was also its solution.

3. Ghosts in Latin

Ghosts in Latin New Member

It's a very good idea. It's also just taught me that it is perhaps better for me to try to solve some problems via writing them down.

4. tehuti88

tehuti88 New Member

Well...if I'm asking for help, I don't see why I would be coming up with a solution in the plea for help. I'd think over possible solutions first, then, if none are plausible, ask for help. So I'm puzzled as to why someone would do otherwise. :confused:

I HAVE, at times, come up with solutions AFTER posting a plea for help, but not during.

5. mckyle

mckyle New Member

Doesn't that make you feel like an idiot sometimes, especially when it's really simple? :p -Knows the feeling-

6. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Sometimes all it takes is vocalization of the problem to find a solution. This happens to me a lot. I'll go to a friend for advice on something, and end up with a solution before they've even said a word.