SoI: The Isle of the Sun Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Fan7asticMrFox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

WORST TEAM EVER!

2. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Shango could throw his wind-ball into the room and as the wind blows everywhere and creates chaos we could barge in and attack...but that would be noisy and attract attention.

We could still just go in and Shango could create a soundproof air bubble.

3. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Hey all I'm back, gonna spend some time getting caught up on what's happened when I have time and get a post up in the next day or so

4. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Just waiting on the passenger deck team to post, they have a nice and tense collab to show off! Once they have posted then you can all make your way into the quartermaster cabin to find your gear. then we move... up to the top of the deck.

I know Lix, I know... page 6 and we are still on the boat. Well, meh :p

5. Balderdash

Balderdash Member

Name: Vila Glaistig

Race: Human

Appearance: Average height, dark blue skin, long inky-black hair, black lips, and a sharp chin. She always wears a heavy snow leopard pelt-coat over her dull gray clothes, and both her gloves and boots are lined in thick fur. She wears a large furry hat and her intense dark eyes stare out from under the rim.

Background: Vila was born in the coldest region of the lands: Isenfjord, the Land of Ice and Snow. She lived in a small village in a hut with her mother and father and her twin sister, Isa. As long as Vila could remember, she always felt like Isa overshadowed her: Isa was the one who was born with ice powers, the one who people came from far and wide to witness her magic. Isa was adored by everyone for the things she could do. Vila's jealousy grew into a deep-seated hatred. She hated Isa for her powers, she hated her parents for fawning over Isa, and she hated herself for not being as special as her twin.

So, Vila consulted Ulla, the oldest living person in the village, to see if their was a way for her to gain magical powers. Ulla was so old that her hair was all white and her face was deeply lined; she knew things, things that no one else could remember, and Vila was sure that if there was a way then Ulla would know of it. After a long moment of chewing a piece of meat, Ulla finally remembered something. There was a ritual called the Consumption of Power where someone said a chant and drank the blood of their victim and thus absorbed all their magic. Vila insisted that Ulla tell her all the words, and when Ulla refused, Vila yanked the old woman's hair and until she told her every word. Then Vila knocked out Ulla with an iron pan and wrapped her in covers so that she would look asleep if anyone visited. Vila didn't think of what she when Ulla awoke and told everyone what she had done, she only thought of stealing Isa's magic and finally becoming the special one.

Armed with this new knowledge, Vila went back to her hut and convinced Isa to leave the village with her to see something. Isa believed Vila, because Isa was a naturally trusting person and she believed in the good in all creatures. When they were a mile outside the village, Vila wrestled Isa to the ground and tied her hands and feet. Isa tried to use her powers to protect herself, but Vila knew that Isa channeled her power through her hands and she quickly covered them with a sack. Finally, Vila took out a rough-edged dagger and began to chant the ritual incantation. Isa begged her sister to stop and cried out for help, but it was useless.

Vila cut Isa's arm and gathered the blood in a cup she had brought with her. She greedily gulped the blood and felt a chill pass through her. It spread through her veins and arteries and, when it hit her heart, Vila screamed. Pain consumed her and she writhed on the ground in the snow. When the pain subsided a little, Vila turned to Isa and saw that she had died from the cut; it was deeper than Vila intended and Isa had bled out. Suddenly the horror of what Vila had done washed over her. She could not go home after killing her own flesh and blood. She left Isa's body where it lay in a puddle of scarlet blood and trudged through the snow until she had walked right out of Isenfjord and she never looked back.

Reason for Boarding the Kamela: Vila wants to die and she is looking for the hottest fire to burn herself in, because regular fire just extinguishes as soon as she touches it. She believes that the Sun Elves, with their sun-powered city, might have something hot enough to destroy her.

Class(Warrior, Wizard, Ranger, Thief): Wizard.

Class Type: Ice Witch.

Main Strength: Vila's body is full of ice. She can expunge the frost through her hands in a dangerous blue mist that freezes whatever it touches. She can also create constructs out of ice, such as an ice barrier or an ice spear.

Main Weakness: Vila channels her power through her hands, and if her hands are covered then she can't use her magic.

Any Other Information: Vila's ice magic is not compatible with her body, so she is always in pain; whenever she moves the ice shards in her veins cut and slice her, a constant reminder of her mistakes. She also keeps the dagger she used to kill her sister on her person at all times.

6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Um, so am I the only one who's computer gets all glitch when they come to this site? Is it something wrong with the site or is my computer just wacky? I'm on my brothers laptop right now and its crystal clear, but on mine it won't load properly...

Also, Vila sounds like an evil version of Elsa from Frozen. xD

7. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Delete System32

8. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Meek: See! See! PROOF I"M RIGHT! Proof magic makes people go crazy!!!!

9. #Otaku

#Otaku Member

Something like that happened to me yesterday, it wouldn't load and it wouldn't let me log in, though it's working today so i don't know if it's the same thing.

10. Fan7asticMrFox

Hi all,

I have been really struggling to get online this past week due to something strange with the sight, but seems like everyone has had this problem. I'll need to catchup and see where we are at.

11. Fan7asticMrFox

Okay, I have been able to link all character sheets to the first page, so that you can locate them easily for reference.

Secondly, if one of the sneaky sneaky types (looks at Meek, Nylthia and Evan) would be so kind as to lockpick the door and describe the goodies inside! (all your weapons and treasured bits of gear/inventory).

We will move on soon, unfortunately the website doesnt want to work on my ipad and thats where all of my writing is located. I will post tomorrow evening.

Thanks,

Fox

12. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZA!!!!!!! :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

13. Kingtype

Soooooooooooooooo

who is all still here?

14. Kingtype

As in whos still breaaaathin or well active?

15. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I'm still here, just waiting for a sneaky stealthy type to go and unlock that door and for Foxy to get his butt back here.

16. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

I'm here. I could respond to Evan, but that wouldn't really move things forward much. Syl can't pick the lock. I was kind of hoping he'd just go ahead and do it. :oops:

17. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

Present!

18. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I'm almost inclined to have Joe find a key or kick down the door.

19. Love to Write

I'm around.

20. Kingtype

Welp

Mostly everyone seems present.

Lets do something!

How about an RPG pool party!?

Cook some RP BBQ and everything....

21. #Otaku

#Otaku Member

I'm here now, and about to write the post with Evan unlocking the door. I was just away on a camp with some of my friends for a few days, but am back now.

22. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Please tell me the rp didn't die while I was gone. Plz.

23. Balderdash

Balderdash Member

Heehee, indisputable proof, yup. :)

24. Love to Write

Meek: ME FIRST, Suckers!

25. Fan7asticMrFox

I am alive!

I have been hit with some terrible bad luck this last week and whilst trying my absolute best to get on, my internet has been firmly down! (Plus a lot of sites are blocked at work so I couldn't even do that). After a good 5 days without tinternet (thrown back to the dark ages) I have returned, with 5G!

Give me a chance to catch up and I will post within the hour!