SoI: The Isle of the Sun Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Fan7asticMrFox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

I think I'll wait for your first collab to be done, it can be tirng you know?

2. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Name: Uyrl Bruhmkord

Race: Dwarf

Appearance: Weary and haggard. His used-to-be vibrant brown beard is now dull and streaked with light shades of grey. It extends down to his waist and is tied in intricate knots, held together by bands made of stone - each one engraved with a couple of runic markings. He wears mostly shoddy traveller's clothes and a dark grey cloak.

Background: At the height of the Dwarves’ civilisation, a series of runes were discovered engraved on ancient stones deep below the mountain city of Nv’Idyor. After initial study of the runes, the dwarves discovered their magical nature and quickly started the guild of Rune Mages. These dwarves studied both the destructive and reinforcing powers of the runes and created the rules and traditions for using them.

When the thriving capital began to collapse from the inside, the Rune Mages attempted to use their newly found power to save their people’s home. But their knowledge was limited, and the runes not powerful enough. Since then the guild has spread across the land and broken up, what with dwarves having to find new homes and different lines of work. Only a very few keep the study of runes alive today - one of which is Uyrl. Uyrl was the apprentice of a prestigious Rune Mage and has dedicated his life to finding and deciphering the powers of runes.

He leads a small excavation team into ruins of ancient civilisations, believing that he will find the power to one day restore his homeland.

Reason for Boarding the Kamela:

During a recent expedition to Iria, Uyrl's team unearthed an old temple of sorts. But entry to the temple was impossible without the solving of a runic riddle. Uyrl deciphered that the only way to solve the riddle was to find its counterpart on the island of Morolith - in the homeland of the Sun Elves. So he headed west and got on the first ship he could find.

Class: Wizard

Class Type: Rune Mage

Main Strength: Reinforcement magic and structured, logical thinking.

Main Weakness: Obsessive pursuit of his goal.

Love to Write likes this.
  3. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Wow, I missed a whole day, I thought I would come back and find pages and pages of stuff I'd missed lol. Im kinda glad I didn't miss a lot, but I also hope the story gets moving soon. Did Fox say when he was coming back?

4. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

I'm still waiting for all players to post their CS or first post. Mingle amongst yourselves for now, the storm will arrive shortly.

5. lixAxil

Winter Storm is coming

Mottahko likes this.
  6. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Might squeeze one more post in. Vedelo is free for a collab if anyone wants

7. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

Fooox you didn't answer my question. ;~;

8. lixAxil

Because he doesn't care about you.

9. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Now, now, Lix. Be nice.

10. Fan7asticMrFox

You are quite right Mmarage, I do apologise!

I hadn't given a great deal of thought to currency. I would say that the Sun Elves would have their own separate currency to anyone else, in a bid to show of their superiority. Humans would likely have currency that dwarves share, while the Drow have none, they are stranglely honourable when it comes to goods, giving up their stuff to others in the act of goodwill, and in the hope it will benefit the community. That's not to say they don't take bribes of course, and an unofficial gift in Sin'Das'Rei can sometimes get you a long way.

Sun Elves trade in white and black stone (that can only be found on the inside of Morolith), because of its earthy look and feel. They believe the likes of gold and silver to be too similar to that of their God, Sól (the sun), and see them as false idols. These items are still traded illegally however, and you are likely to find a smuggling ring at Lightwater docks that exports these jewels out of Morolith. It is also believed that the Mages of Visage keep some too, in case bartering with other countries is required.

Sun Elf markets would closely mirror that of a market in Marrakesh, Morocco. Lightwater is very tightly packed with buildings so they would trade on the street sides, making it almost impossible to walk through.

Let me know if you need any more dets!

11. lixAxil

Sun Elves are Blood elves
    Drows are Night elves

I expect to see Kael' thas or Illidan

12. mmarage

So, humans and dwarves have bronze, silver, and gold, right? I'm assuming that it's 100 bronze for 1 silver, 100 silver for 1 gold, and if Morolith have sun elves as the majority, we'll be trading our coins for the stones, correct?

13. mmarage

Just want a relative value to the currency in question.

14. Fan7asticMrFox

Sun elves will not trade your currency (save for the illegal Sun Elves black markets). You are all technically penniless. But in Lightwater there are many different races, and they all trade openly with gold and silver, even though it should be forbidden. The guards frown upon but too much of it goes on to stop it in Lightwater. Elsewhere in Morolith is a different story and your character would likely lose their hands for trading gold.

88 white stones equal 1 blackstone. Items can be worth these and traded, for example the fist sized emerald mentioned at the start would go for roughly 5,000 blackstones.

15. mmarage

I see, and am I correct about the currency traded between humans and dwarves? Because I've established that Joe still has that currency with him. ^^" Damn fool forgot to get it exchanged! D:<

16. lixAxil

Drows uses indian rupees though.

17. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Stay away from my Indian rupees

18. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

I wouldn't mind one more post before storm comes if anybody is up for a colab.

19. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Impatience!

The creak of the ship and the high-strung tunes belted out by someone in the other room had stopped. Instead, now the distant rumble of thunder, and the crack of lightning could be heard.

He opened one feral-yellow eye and it swiveled to the left to glance at the door. Every time he heard footsteps his ears twitched and the hand he had lain on his sister's head wanted to curl into a claw. But the footsteps moved away, and he gradually relaxed again. The tiny creature sleeping curled up in his arms like a babe mumbled something and turned, and he tucked the blanket further around her neck, careful to avoid touching her un-marred face with the wicked points that spiked his gauntlets.

He listened for another five minutes as some ruckus began in the other room. But nothing was in the hallway yet. Not of his concern...yet. Exhaling slowly, he closed that one golden orb to the dimly lit cabin and resumed his rest, but kept his ears open as the sounds continued to change.

If fate decided to try and kill them again, he would be sure to slay every last being it threw at them.

*prowls around waiting for Fox to respond to pm*

20. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Yah, also waiting for @Fan7asticMrFox to respond to my post. If the captain orders Syl to go below decks, I'm willing a collab. (Well, even if he doesn't, I'm still open to collab, it just means the other character will have to come to her... 'cuz she really don't wanna go down into the barf-pit.) :blech:

21. Keitsumah

*chuckles* I think my characters can end up up there if a collab cant happen. Eva is a squirmy little worm, though im not sure how Syl will react to seeing a 6'9" drow male... -nervous laugh- (poor Edolas) oh well shes a weapon smith she might respect his mix of armor and weaponry.

(spiked armor heh)

22. Fan7asticMrFox

@mmarage yes correct, dwarves and humans trade in the normal 100 copper, silver, gold etc. although that is the currency in the three rings, I couldn't tell you what they trade in Kemet (I'm enjoying this new lore world of Kemet you have created @Erik-the-Enchanter! ).

@AnonyMouse posting now.

@everyoneelse We will move ahead soonish, not tonight mind.

23. Fan7asticMrFox

Also can I ask that when you post that you put your character name at the top in bold, just so I can keep track for now.

24. Keitsumah

Name: Edolas N'ryn Das (Ed-oal-us Nrin-dus)

Race: Drow

Appearance: [​IMG]

Edolas is tall for a man, be it human, or elf at 6'9". And to those he's grown up with, it is doubted he will ever really stop growing. Scars litter his taut moon-silver skin, almost an albino version of a Drow, and his golden eyes shift about constantly under long ivory locks, watching his sister and watching for those who would harm them.

He wears little but armored leggings over leather chaps, and thick vambraces that spread into spiked gloves on his hands. Though this leaves his chest exposed and vulnerable, he has proven himself to be better at intimidating opponents to avoid fights with his bulk, or simply crush them with his startlingly long reach.

Background: Edolas and his younger sister Eva never considered themselves lucky, hidden as they were away in the darkest parts of the Drow society. Not by a long shot. In fact if anything good happened to them without any blood, sweat, or tears they are quick to move away from the area and destroy whatever happened. Paranoid is their middle name, and after being hunted most of their lives by vying relatives who had slain their very parents previously, they have learned not to trust anyone.

Or rather, Edolas that is...

He has worked hard for his sister to keep her happy. Digging in mines, diving the trash, trading, or even working as a mercenary and killing other several times, he has strived to give his younger sibling the life that she deserves. Sadly, Eva doesn't seem to hold the same ideals of fear that he does and continues to trust others blindly. Knowing that nothing good could come of such blind trust in their current home, Edolas managed to save up what little he could and purchased their way onto the Kamela.

Reason for Boarding the Kamela: To escape their murderous relatives, and their old home in search of a new life.

Class(Warrior, Wizard, Ranger, Thief): Warrior

Class Type: Brawler - He behaves much like a full grown grizzly when provoked, tackling, marring opponents with his spiked gloves, and then hammering them until they are only a pulp. The joints of his armored legs have also been sharpened, and if he manages to get on top and dive-bomb his knees into an opponent's gut the results aren't pretty to say the least.

Main Strength: His brute force, long arms, and tactical weapons combined with armor.

Main Weakness: He is slower than some and is vulnerable to ranged attacks. His sister is also a major liability, hence why he keeps her behind him and "safe" at all times.

Family History (optional): Edolas N'ryn Das and Eva N'ryn Das are both descendants of a family that once vied for power in the Drow kingdom. However, they were swiftly knocked from their high chairs and toppled into a darker part of the city, out of sight and out of mind.

However, blaming each other for this event and long lived as Drow are, the N'ryn Das family gradually turned in on itself like a starved wolf, gnawing, twisting, seeking sustenance until it ate away at itself until there was nothing left. Currently, only Edolas, his sister, and five other relatives are left, and they had become the most recent collective target due to their connection with the direct line that would have been in power.

Any Other Information: Edolas is a very paranoid creature by nature, and if caught in a fight his eyes seem to glint like a wolf's, as if some part of his family line had druid magic, but it has since died out, leaving only faint traces left in his eyes and body language. He is extremely cautious with his sister and almost seems a different person if he is alone with her, even playing games and sometimes smiling, which he will never do around others unless it is one of pure maliciousness.

As for his sister...Eva is a tiny, waifish looking drow with too-large ears and violet eyes that sparkle with curiosity. She is always trying to sneak around her brother to explore but does know when to obey his commands if something bad happens. Her hair is a pale ivory much like her brother, and her skin is a few shades darker than his. Her clothes consist of a battered dress and too-large shoes, both of which are patches up more than original fabric. She is very curious and as such also very nosy, and a fearless little bugger to boot, often leading to tense situations where her over-protective brother either gets in the way or gets too close to those who in truth mean no harm, but who he simply does not trust.

25. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

@JessWrite I haven't seen a post from you yet.