Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kain9998

kain9998 New Member

Soldiers of the Damned

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kain9998, Jul 24, 2010.

Sorry everybody. I made a thread about the book I was going to publish, but it looks like I deleted the post (and thread) when I went to edit a few minor details! :( So here is my new one, and I will post most of the info that I posted in the last thread.

Ok so, I am new to these forums, and I thought this would be a nice place to get reviews on a book I am publishing. The book is called Soldiers of the Damned, and here is my short description:

In the year 2245 the US is at war with China, and we have the upper hand! The Super Soldier Program (SSP) has developed a drug known simply as "Red", a very powerful substance which will completely enhance the users body. Welcome to the world of Randy Miller, one of New York City's Super Soldiers. Randy may not know it yet, but he's about to get the love of his life, and meet a few interesting people along the way... all while fighting for his life. (Note: Later Chapters may involve some very graphic scenes.)

Graphic scenes include violence, no sex scenes.

Please give me good reviews on the book! I don't mean only post if you think it's good, but tell me what you like and/or dislike about it! I really want to hear your thoughts on this. There will be a total of at least 5 books in the Soldiers of the Damned series, and yes they will be published. How I KNOW they will be is actually kind of a long story, and I don't want to write it again after the last thread, so just know this: It WILL be published.

Please give the book a chance. Read at least to chapter 13 please. 13 is the chapter that sort of kicks off the whole series, it is actually so long there are three parts to it.
    Well, I guess thats all. Expect chapters soon! :D

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A story concept means nothing. I can tell you now, it has all been done before. What matters is how you write it, the characterization, the flow, the imagery, all of it.

There's no benefit in asking what other people think of the concept! They'll either say,"Sounds great," or, "it sounds like a ripoff of..."

If the idea stirs you, write it. Then ask people what they think of the final story. After they tell you what they don't like about it, revise it, usually several times, until you're happy with it or until you throw up your hands and say the hell with it.

Please read this thread about What is Plot Creation and Development?

Meanwhile, you need to read the site rules, and explore the site. This is not the place for posting writing for critique. Please read Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work?, How to Use the Review Room, and Constructive Critiques.

3. kain9998

kain9998 New Member

I'm sorry, but I think you misunderstood what I was saying! :redface: I simply wanted people to tell me what the liked or dis-liked and give me ideas on what would be good in the stoy. You know, seeing what the people want instead of what I want. I already have the whole story planned, I don't need plot ideas from others. Haha.

4. Cogito

I didn't misunderstand at all. A plot summary is not the same as the story itself, and never will be. And asking people for ideas to add to your story is not the way to go, either. Your story should come from you, for it to be your story.

As for the story itself, it cannot be posted on this part of the site. And if you plan on publishing it, you should not be posting it on ANY site.

I strongly suggest you rein in, and begin by posting a little about yourself in New Member Introductions.

5. kain9998

kain9998 New Member

But at what point in my post did I state that the plot summary was the story? Also, about you last post, it has not been done before. I mean, it has a lot of things that have been seen before but with a LOT of twists to it. By the end of the second book pretty much everything the reader thinks he/she knows changes. The summary did not hit the main points you would get if reading the actual story.

And isn't reviews all about what you liked and dislike? Isn't a review about what you thought of a book? A review is not simply "good work, keep it up", but "I like your writing! I can see the chartacters talking like real people that would exsist in this world, and I can see this story really happening" or "Personally, I don't like your writing. I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but there is something about it that I just can't read. I don't like the characters, the plot, etc."
    But thats just my two cents. And I would not have been posting a whole book, I would leave out a lot.

6. Cogito

Again, read the links in my post, and I strongly suggest you start over with New Member Introductions. Writing Issues is not the place for this discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.