Tags:
  1. Sabbat

Sabbat New Member

Greetings from me

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sabbat, Jun 8, 2007.

Hello fellow writers.

My name is Mitchell, I live in Australia. I am leaving to country in a few years to go to New York to be with my fiance, who I love very much.

I love to write, but I cannot finish anything major, like a novel or short series, and most of my attempts are from my high school days, so I'm unsure of posting them, as they are poorly written and edited.

However, I do try to write now and then. I prefer dark fantasy my stories tend to be either very emotional, or very blood thirsty. However, the two works I am posting first are actually not fantasy.

I follow videogames almost religiously, and I always keep up to date with the games business. I have an original Xbox, Xbox 360, PC, PSP and my beloved N64. I want a Wii, but I try to steer clear from Sony's products, for reasons I will not elaborate on. I have over 200 games over all and every single issue of the Official Australian Xbox/Xbox360 Magazine ever printed.

I would like to try being a stand up comedian, but I cannot make very good material. When I do get something good, I can be pretty entertaining I've been told.

I look forward to posting with you all :)

2. Frost

Frost Active Member

Well what do you know. Im Mitchell to. See you round the board.

Out of interest, whats your favourite game?

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Wouldn't that make you Mitchell One, and sabbat Mitchell Two? Or does that make sabbat Mitchell Three?

Welcome to the Writer's Forums, sabbat. Clearly, a novel is a bigger project than a short story, and requires a discipline to commit time to the effort on a regular, preferably daily, basis. I've never been able to do that, but perhaps that will change someday. Or perhaps I will focus on short stories instead.
    You have the same choices. Explore all the forms of writing that interest you, and you will find what form or forms is in your blood. A place like this is a good way to develop a daily discipline, and to find inspiration.

Welcome again, and have fun.

4. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Hi there
    Thats a lot of video games. Have you considered writing a few stories featuring video games in some way? That might give you the incentive to finish them.
    Cheers

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well a warm welcome to you then, glad yuo decided to join us here at WF.org.
    I do hop[e you have a wonderful time here with all of us and look forward to seeing you around the board.

Have fun posting

~Torana

6. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Yes like the others said, glad you found us, yous hould find all to your liking, hope you enjoy the site!

7. Sabbat

Sabbat New Member

I can't choose a favourite game, they're coming out so fast now and there are some really good ones.

And I do write stories set in games. My favourite is a fanfiction taking place early in The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome

8. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Sounds like you're a rather interesting person. Welcome to the site!

9. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site :) Its nice to meet you.

Kit