Songs that put you in a bad mood

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Garball, May 21, 2014.

1. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

On another note, I'm really glad you brought this up. Brittany Spears didn't receive nearly enough criticism for what can be heralded as her worst album ever (yes, even worse than Lucky, @Chained). I had totally forgotten all about F-U-C-K Me.

Crybaby and Mumble Bee like this.
  2. Sifunkle

Sifunkle Dis Member

Entwistle anything would have made my day! (The cover band repertoire wasn't all-up terrible for bass - just that U2 song... hammering the same chord[/note-because-it's-bass] progression over and over and you can't even improvise without it standing out and ruining the song.)

AC were more of a literal joke than a band. Mostly funny (and ongoing) because people failed to recognise that. Or call it musical trolling if you prefer. Provocative/coarse/black/transgressive/questionable humour... and if grindcore ain't your thing the music won't help... although they did have their album Picnic of Love.

*puts on vintage outfit and lensless glasses* No argument from me that she's a genius and full credit to her - I just think she's changed from a creative/artistic genius to a commercial genius, which reflects my personal taste as well as her sales. Colour the Small One is still my favourite album ever, and I used to buy her albums religiously on release and love them, but haven't bothered to pick up the last one at all (actually, I think it's the last two now?). I still think she's alright (I like Alive), but she just sounds like every other manufactured pop star now (albeit a better singer than most). All IMO, of course.

Cave Troll and No-Name Slob like this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    You have a point there, sir.

4. Rambling Chapter

Rambling Chapter Member

Another one would be...

B-52's - Love Shack.

The inner turmoil that erupts is beyond my comprehension. Pretty sad when your body naturally recoils before you can land a coherent thought. It's that repulsive.

Crybaby, No-Name Slob and Cave Troll like this.
  5. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Actually, Demons and Wizards was chosen for a reason. The band is/was a collaboration between Iced Earth and Blind Guardian (both funny names in and of themselves), and the name was meant to reflect the combination of the members of those two acts. Still kind of a lame name, but not a pompous name if you know the history behind it. They have some stuff that is pretty good, but both Iced Earth and Blind Guardian are basically legends within the genre, so no collaboration between the two is going to live up to expectations and this one (which survived two albums) was no exception. The first album was better than the one referenced above.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  6. Crybaby

Crybaby Active Member

Dancing in the Moonlight. Toploader. The opening drives me crackers. Then it goes on throughout the song as if it knows it's pissing me off! :supermad:
    I will survive. Gloria Gaynor. Whenever I hear this song I get a pain in my ears and I pray that she won't...you know, survive!

There are more musical monsters out there but I can't think of them right now.
    These two horrific tunes are playing in my head now!!!!! :supermad:

Cave Troll and matwoolf like this.
  7. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Anything current.

8. Scot

Scot Senior Member

Rap.

Guaranteed. All that's missing is the 'C'.

Crybaby and Cave Troll like this.
  9. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Some of you may remember the fad that caught on for a while, where a perfectly good song by some famous band ended with about 10 minutes' worth of repeating some abba dabba doo kind of phrase—unconnected to the meaning of the song—until it eventually faded away. Bloody hell.

Two worst offenders: Hey Jude (daaah da da dadada da, dadada da, hey Jude ...rinse, repeat...) and The Boxer (Lie dee die. Lie dee di-di-di dee die. Lie dee di. Lie dee DIE die-die dee die, lie dee die-die-die, rinse, repeat....) If I catch a glimpse of my face in a mirror as I scuttle away, I look pretty bad moodish, for sure.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  10. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

I'm not going to defend the majority of rap. But I will say that there are some artists who are incredibly clever with their lyrics. As a writer, I can always appreciate clever lyrics and turns of phrase.

11. Scot

Scot Senior Member

I never said it wasn't clever. I agree with you, some rap artists are extremely talented, but I find rap the musical equivalent of dragging one's nails down a blackboard.

12. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

Especially all that mysogonistic nonsense that comes with the majority of it.

jannert likes this.
  13. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Calm down, sweetheart.

How about songs arranged by English folk guitarists of the 70s: Martin Carthy and Bert Jansch and anything on a guitar really. I have to listen to a lot of guitar in this house. Even on the streets, so many buskers in Brighton wailing against a wall. How about all musicians? Certainly a lesser species to writers, only they don't realise fact I tell them outdoors.

Also - Pentangle/Steeleye Span/Songs with faeries.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    outsider likes this.
  14. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

I've missed your musings.;)