SOPA

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Protar, Jan 18, 2012.

1. arron89

arron89 Banned

Popular websites are no match against rich, misinformed old people with little to no understanding of what they're actually talking about.

2. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

Debates are a good thing, if people accept other people can hold all kinds of opinions, if they so wish. Doesn't always happen here.

Challenging opinions is fine, but often you won't convince anyone to change their minds. And that's fine too.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Okay, let me clarify something: when I told you all to stop the political discussion, I didn't mean turn them into personal arguments.

I've just deleted a few posts which were frankly unacceptable on this forum. If I'm forced to intervene again, I'll be dishing out infractions.

4. Protar

Protar Active Member

Can everyone kindly keep this about SOPA. Obama could be a fascist alien and it wouldn't matter in this thread. Let's keep things polite.

5. funkybassmannick

funkybassmannick New Member

The main supporters of SOPA are big media corporations, and they are out-of-date. They fear that the times are moving them out of the picture, and they are right. They need to adapt to what mainstream culture is, instead of forcing mainstream culture to adapt to their archaic ways. Facebook and Google wouldn't be the behemoths of culture that they are if they were not constantly adapting.

Instead of fighting a force that cannot be stopped, they should be focusing their attention on redefining "copyright" so that it is mutually beneficial.

6. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

Exactly, I worked for Radio Shack in the late 80's and was telling people that someday they would actually be able to pick individual songs instead of whole albums and the royalties would automatically be channeled to the individual artists as they were working on it at the time. Television dishes would go from 10 foot to under 2 foot. They didn't think about the piracy back then.

7. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

8. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

9. JPGriffin

JPGriffin New Member

Well, maybe now people will pay attention to what our government's trying to sneak under our noses. For something like that to even be considered, makes me wonder who we're really voting in.

10. Alex W

Alex W New Member

You mean the country that named pizza a vegetable? Yeah, we're all confused how you came up with such nonsense. It's a first.

:D

11. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

Or any other government, thank you Xeno from one Texan to another.

12. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Strange comment? It's actually quite accurate. And i don't mean missile and bullets, more of a protest-like manner. And just because were Americans doesn't mean were unnoticed able to situations. Look what we just did to SOPA and PIPA.