1. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributing Member Contributor

Soul Forge Released

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TWErvin2, Jun 26, 2014.

My newest novel released by Gryphonwood Press:

[​IMG]

Description:
    Young Enchantress Thereese lays stricken and silent, her vital essence sapped by the Shard Staff, and she edges ever closer toward death. Supreme Enchantress Thulease refuses to allow her daughter to fade beyond recovery.

To that end, Enchantress Thulease recruits Mercenary Flank Hawk to accompany her as she seeks the legendary Sleeping Sage, and confronts the secretive Svartálfar, known only for their magical prowess and their menacing cruelty.

But first, the mercenary and enchantress, and their stalwart company, must survive brutal beasts and ruthless nomads roaming the Southern Continent's harsh desert. Then, the untamed wilds of the Northern Mountains must be traversed in a final bid to reach their ultimate goal--the Soul Forge.

Even if Flank Hawk and Thulease reach the mythical forge in time, can its magic revive the ailing young enchantress, the one whose life is somehow tied to the Kingdom of Keesee's ultimate fate?

====
    If you'd like to know more, or where it's available, you can click on the link (my blog) in my signature file below.

Thanks!

2. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Supporter Contributor

What happened? The free sample ends seconds of a cliffhanger in the midst of a duel?! I must know!!!

Congratulation, Erwin, on your continued success. An inspiration to us all to keep trying.

I didn't know what to expect when I opened up the sample on Amazon and was pleasantly surprised. I think you just inspired me to keep working hard and boosted my own confidence that I can do it if I keep at it.

3. TWErvin2

A.M.P.,
    Thanks for taking a look. I think that where the novel is cut off in previews is based upon a percentage of the book set by my publisher.

I'm glad you enjoyed what you read. If you want to know how the duel ends and much more, pick up a copy when you're able. :)

I can only encourage you (and everyone here) to press forward, continually improve, and persevere. It's the route to set yourself up for success. There are talented folks here who could do much better than I have thus far.

Again thanks!

Terry

4. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributing Member Contributor

Great stuff, Terry. I'll be checking this one out when I get the chance. Good to see you've had more success! :)

5. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Congrats on the release!

6. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

Congratulations! Your example is inspiring to all of us! :)

7. TWErvin2

Thanks, Dante Dases. If you get the chance to check it out and enjoy the read, I look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks, thirdwind.

Thanks, Minstrel. As I said earlier in this thread, I think there are a lot of writers on the forum here that have the talent and are developing the skills for success that could easily surpass what I’ve managed. Sure it takes a little luck, but hard work and perseverance and a willingness to learn can make all the difference.

I will say, even having had a small number of novels published, it’s still not easy. I strive to improve and I have to write a strong enough novel for my publisher to invest in, and there has to be enough sales of my published works to merit continued publishing of not only the First Civilization’s Legacy Series (of which Soul Forge is a part), but also novels I hope to write. It's part of the business.

minstrel likes this.
  8. BookLover

BookLover Contributing Member

That is awesome. Congratulations. And I love how humble you are about it all. :)

9. HealSomeBabies

HealSomeBabies Member

At the Soulforge, can I craft my Harbinger of Chaos Greatsword +3?

10. TWErvin2

Thanks, BookLover. While I'm proud of my novels and hope people will check them out (if they enjoy reading the type of works that I writer), this forum is focused on writing and writers learning and improving, not marketing and selling one's titles. I'm just being professional and honest, as I see it.

HealSomeBabies, I don't know if you're a master at forging swords. Even so, gaining access to the Soul Forge and the Svartálfar Forge Master's skills is both dangerous and costly, and I'm not sure a magical sword forged for an outsider to bring about chaos would be on the list of 'things to do' any time soon. ;)