1. online.education

online.education New Member

Conspiracy theories ...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by online.education, Jul 22, 2007.

There are quite a few intriguing conspiracy theories like ...

9/11 Conspiracy Theory
    7/7 London Bombing Conspiracy Theory
    Moon Hoax Conspiracy Theory
    CIA Drug Smuggling Conspiracy Theory ...

Do you buy into any of these conspiracy theories? Also how does studying these conspiracy theories affect you as a writer?

2. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Ever heard of telling the truth in a lie and placing that lie within the truth. If so welcome to the world of conspiracy theories.

3. dushechka

dushechka New Member

I love me my conspiracies.. : )

I do believe something is quite weird with 9/11, and who freaking knows what the CIA is capable of.

I'm not really sure how exactly it would affect anything at all actually.. Possibly the search for truth? Yeah, I dunno.

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I don't personally believe in conspiracies, although I do think that it is a conspiracy that my drivers licence ended up with such a bad picture on it :p I swear it is an evil plot by the government to make sure as many people as possible have bad pics for their drivers licence....hehehehe :p

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
  6. online.education

If nothing else, I find that these theories are quite inspiring. Also, IMO, studying these theories allows you to look at things in different perspectives ...

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Yeah. But I must know some people. I got to have my pic taken twice... and got to look at both! I will find out soon if those people that i know like me enough!

8. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

9. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

lmao. that was funny. Me likey

10. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

I think there is a conspiracy on the go that is so serious we should all stop and think about this. What happened to the chocolate bar known as Whisper?

11. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It was embarassed by all the Snickers about it. Last seen on Payday, slinking down 5th Avenue.

12. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

And has anyone seen the Lion Bar recently?

13. Cogito

Isn't that what lawyers have to join before they can practice?

14. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

15. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

16. online.education

Speaking of conspiracies ...

I just learned this today.

Something new to learn everyday ...

17. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I keep meaning to buy his book. He can be very entertaining, but he can also be a bit of an arse...

18. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Oh and maybe the fast food joints make employees into food. Because of the high turnover rate that is....

19. Cogito

Nah, most of the fast food places don't even sell turnovers...

Sack-a-Doo! likes this.
  20. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

The Alphabet Of Manliness? It's funny as! A bit of a no-brainer piece of trash...trash that actually went as high as #2 (?) in the New York Times bestseller list. :eek:
    And that was because of his large fanbase that was buit up already from his site. A lesson for us all there. Get a blog, write some entertaining sh!t that people will love, watch your career fly!

21. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

cogito+puns=fan-freakin-tastic

22. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Oh if only somebody had told these poor saps about the thread that will be created in likeness to this one under the title 'The Truth". There is an epic conspiracy at work now, conspiracy theorists will come full circle around and tilt. Oh what are the odds of a time traveler like me to figure out the biggest conspiracy of them all.

23. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

And the world of debunking. ;)

24. yeybez

yeybez Member

I think it's important in life to give every theory a chance to explain itself, I dont ebelieve every conspiracy because some are non-sense but others have serious merit and have convinced me to their way of thinking when I applied an objective stance towards it. some people like to dismiss all conspiracy theories as inherintly crazy or delusional but I think its more delusional to take such an idealistic view of the world that its impossible for a group of humans to conspire towards a goal and atte,pt a cover up. its really absurd to assume the best in all of humanity like that, there are conspiracies in the world, yes, it does happen.

the initial argument presented on this page is really sub par in my opinion. just because someone is alive doesn't mean that the theory he produced is inaccurate and here's why:
    1. the killings of the 3000 americans were for the specific goal of creating a huge amount of shock to allow them to use the anger of the american people to persuade them into the patriot act, war in afghanistan and such like. they were not killed to silence them for anything so the two potential killings are very different in nature
    2. if they did kill him that would almost certainly prove his point, dont you think people would see what's happening if this guy criticises the 9/11 official narritive and is then found dead with a gun shot wound? you must give the american public some credit dude. it's in their best interests to leave him alive since they know that people are more likely to disregard his documentary if they leave it open than if they were to kill him and censor it for instance because then they would start to look really shady.

as for the rest of the pentagon in the money shit I dont buy into that brand of conspiracy and no I don't buy into the iluminati or whatever. I really wish 9/11 truthers would stop giveing such bad arguments when we have such amazing amunition as the building 7 cover up. if you want to see a well composed piece on 9/11 watch "zeitgeist" not loose change or whatever.

the third argument of how will we get X Y and Z to keep it a secret is also terrible considering theres no reason for them to include that amount of people in the operation. you would only need a few sketchy demolition experts to plant the explosives the "project for a new american century" folks to order them to do so and the firefighters will be called as though it was a terrorist attack. you really think you need thousands of agents to plant a few bombs? give the american military efficiency some credit, dude! and the white house representatives? why the hell would they need to bring them in the loop? the upper elite need to herd them just as much as the american public.

also I find it interesting that he needs to use all these ad hominems, tell me again which side of the argument usualy resorts to petty name calling again? I forget.

Last edited: May 7, 2016