Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaphod703

Zaphod703 New Member

Sources to improve your writing?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Zaphod703, Oct 19, 2012.

Hey Everyone! Name's Jason and I am new to this site. I'm the kind of guy who has multiple plots running in my head but I hardly ever write them down. My biggest worry is that I am not prepared to write a proper novel. I was wondering if people know of any good online videos, online courses, audio classes, or local sources (I live in Northern Virginia), basically anything that can help me perfect my writing skills. My dream in life is to be a novelist and I have the plots, I just don't have the skills to go with them. I probably should just start writing more but was hoping there are good things to use. One thing I so far I have done to change things to try and help myself is I went from occasionally reading to reading everyday. To get influences from other writers (mostly sci fi/ fantasy books with a bent towards humor usually). Anyone have any advice to go from there?

In a nutshell my question is for a beginning writer what online and local sources can I use to better my writing (grammar & methods to write a novel)?

Edit- LoL well besides the sources mentioned in Writing Resource Links thread... I was hoping anyone had any suggestions of some kind of videos, audio online classes type stuff... or maybe local workshops (don't know much about what them are but hear about them few times lol)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

All I can suggest is your favorite search engine. We don't permit endorsements of products or services on this site.

However, this site is full of members with a variety of advice and experiences to share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.