Space Engines of the Future HELP

Discussion in 'Research' started by Wolf Daemon, Sep 7, 2016.

1. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

But what if both models are wrong ?

The point is that sci fi doesnt have to follow known physical laws , if theres a logical and consistent explanation of why the laws of physics are different in this universe - in the OPs case that explantion being that humans have been being toyed with by a vastly technologically advanced alien race who have given them just enough to survive

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    Bolu Kai and Iain Aschendale like this.
  2. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022

I was waiting for some friends of mine to get back to me with some scientific literature. Our current capabilities are about 10000 light years, so communication does not appear to be a hurdle for humanity.
    source

SethLoki likes this.
  3. Bolu Kai

Bolu Kai Member

You could also use Li-fi (Light Fidelity). I don't know the specifics as to how it works, but it uses light (e.g. light bulbs) for wireless communication.

4. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

To clarify my "This fell apart" ending, is that my method is a one way trip. Its not travel, so much as imprinting

5. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

That's comforting to know—microwaves trump lasers it seems by a country mile. They can do so much more than melt my Mars bar. I'm going to beam me out my blog posts (alien readership y'know and as a backup too should the Earth go phut) the replies would be a long time coming mind—so the delays would be the hurdle. Might need to leave somebody on watch after my passing just in case we get a WOW signal back. Actually; it's quite a sad thought (not comforting at all) about how we, the human race, are so isolated. :meh:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    zoupskim likes this.