1. Becca Hodge

Becca Hodge New Member

Hello People of Writing Forums!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Becca Hodge, Oct 6, 2016.

Hey, new member here just showing my face for the first time!

Been writing for years, since I was a kid but only just now realised that for me to call myself a writer I actually have to write things frequently!

So thought I'd reach out to the wider community for hints, tips and to connect with others.

Thanks guys

2. TheWriteWitch

TheWriteWitch Active Member

I'm also pretty new around here and have been enjoying it. Welcome!

What sort of things do you write? I'm a bit eclectic myself, so I'm always curious what people start to see when they are staring down a blank page.

3. Becca Hodge

Becca Hodge New Member

Thanks so much!

I must admit I am as eclectic as it comes but I am starting to find my feet in relatively grounded, real stories.

Strangely enough, the first thing I see when I stare at a blank page is a picture! I can't draw or paint but try to make that picture with words instead...

What kind of things do you write?

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Hey, Becca. :)

Be sure to read the Welcome PM you will have gotten from me (and please excuse the few typos therein) as there is important information in that PM for how to best make use of our forum.

Wrey.

5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Where? I do not see a face. Hey you tricked me. I got my eye on you, you trickster.:supergrin:
    Eyeball.gif

Welcome, greetings, and salutations! Welcome to the Forum. Have fun, and don't get lost. :supergrin:

Good luck with your works, and C-ya around. :supersmile:

6. writingone

writingone New Member

This forum helped me understand what grammar is because and I had a problem understanding it. Now that the war is over with the word grammar I am looking how to use sentence order within paragraphs, after the fifth paragraph, I rattle and lose the order of what I was writing about. I am looking forward to writing better and finding my way to write. writing one

7. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Hi, new here myself. So happy to have found a community of struggling artists! I have challenges with dialogue tags, and sometimes dashes, and en/em dashes. The world of punctuation sometimes eludes me. But...here I am...looking for help and encouragement, along with the rest of you.

8. Becca Hodge

Becca Hodge New Member

Hey everyone! Thanks for being so welcoming, Wreybies, unless I'm being daft it doesn't look like I've got a PM from you :confused:

And Cave Troll, I didn't even realise the faux pas, apologies!