Spellbound Story Hour

Discussion in 'Archive' started by JessWrite, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

There is something different about this woman

Zaris studied the woman and he avoided getting to close as a precautionary measure. As he walked he kept his left hand on the hilt of his black sword still scanning the shadows. He could hear the voices of the little group again as they grew closer he began to see the group and he cast his gaze over them all analyzing each and every one of them.

Judging from my little skirmish with this one I doubt any of the others will be any easier to take out so better just see where this leads but I need to stay on my guard.

2. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Lylaunna "Lyla" Jenks

Lyla, being as sharp as a whip, quickly regained her wits. She jumped off of the table and drew her revolver. Fear crept into her unlike any time before. Sure, she had been through many a scary situation, being one of the youngest and most infamous outlaws of the 1800's..but this, this was much different. She looked at all of the strange people, aiming her revolver at each one of them as her glance moved over them. She then looked at everything around her, her gun clinking ever-so quietly as her hands shook with fear and confusion. What were these strange machines and why was everyone dressed like they were.

"Alcohol's worn off." She said blankly, gripping her revolver, her eyes still bouncing from person to person. "What is this and where am I?"

3. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

Something is on the move, I don't know what but there is someone or something else out there. Zaris thought to himself and stopped dead in his tracks and turned towards what he was sensing.

"Hey, I don't care if you despise me or not, I can tell by the way you hold yourself around me and look at me with that disgusted look you give me. But there is something on the move I cant tell what or who, though if you hadn't shocked me, female, maybe I would be able to tell, and the only reason I am warning you is because I still need you to get the answers I need, so be prepared if it decides to come this way." Zaris said with a cold undertone.

Zaris' blazing eyes stared into the shadows ready to strike this woman had lured him out in the open this would be the perfect opportunity for him to get ambushed, and if this was to turn out to be an ambush he would not hesitate to cut the woman down were she stood.

4. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Tina Sharp

When they reached the group the vampire-like human growled at her again. "Hey, I don't care if you despise me or not. I can tell by the way you hold yourself around me and look at me with that disgusted look you give me. But there is something on the move I can't tell what or who, though. If you hadn't shocked me, female, maybe I would be able to tell...and the only reason I am warning you is because I still need you to get the answers I need; so be prepared if it decides to come this way."

Tina turned her head to face him. "First of all, I'm Tina. Not 'female'. Second, If you want answers, ask yourself. I'm not your personal servant. Thirdly, I shocked you cause you attacked ME. Had you been civil...you wouldn't have gotten hurt. Now stop wineing."

Tina turned her eyes back towards the group, ever wary of the angry creature beside her. A young girl was randomly pointing her guns at everyone saying something about too much alcohol. Tina was tempted to zap and disarm her but something stopped her. She was scared to death and Tina didn't want someone accidently getting shot. Best to let someone with better oratory skills handle her.

5. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

Zaris leaning up against the bookshelf still poised to strike at any moment.

"Tina, is it? That's strong name, I used to know someone a long time ago with that name. If you wish you may call me Zaris, or monster if you still wish to carry that disgusted look every time you look at me." Zaris still speaking in a cold tone but there was something sincere in his voice as if it pained him to here that name.

My dear Tina I will find you and I will kill him that I promise you.

"You, girl with the guns. How about you put those away before you end up hurting yourself?" Said Zaris going back to his cold undermining tone but not uncaring. He was still staring off into the dark still expecting something else to come.

6. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Lylaunna "Lyla" Jenks

"You, girl with the guns. How about you put those away before you end up hurting yourself?" Zaris had said to Lyla ever-so-coldly. Lyla's eyes narrowed.

She reholstered her revolver but she didn't change her angry stare towards Zaris. "My name is Lyla. And I know just perfectly well how to hand my weapon. You are the one that don't seem to have much control. And I don't give two dog tail wags who or what you are, you ain't my boss." She said to the strange man. She turned to look at the rest of the group. "That goes for everyone! Now, where the hell are we?" She asked whoever was listening as she curiously pawed at a computer monitor and strummed her hand against the keyboard. "And -what- is this thing?"

7. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

Why can't I shake this feeling that there is something else out there. I know that sent from somewhere. Zaris' eyes began to narrow, as he stared out into the darkness his hand gripped on the hilt of his sword even tighter than before.

"I apologize for being cautious, when there maybe no need but as, I know nothing about any of you." Zaris now poised to leap of into the darkness as fast as he could. " And I can see that you are all cautious of me, as you should be. But we may have something else to worry about before to long and I would rather take care of it now before it becomes a danger. I just hope I am being over paranoid unless someone can assure me right now that we are the only beings in this place then my questions will have to wait, and if there is no protest I am going to go have a look around and make sure we are alone." Zaris with a growl in his voice to make sure everyone understood that it maybe dangerous to just be standing in the middle of a room with nothing but bookshelves surrounding them. As much as he didn't trust the others he couldn't let his only chance at getting answers slip away because something attacked and killed the one who had them all. Zaris took one last look around to see if anyone was going to stop him part of them prayed they would.

8. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Jaye Audolf

Jaye looked around as people continued to show up out of nowhere. A woman that smelt strongly of ale or some such drink was swinging a strange metal thing around, pointing it at people like it was some sort of weapon.

That’s not gonna do much, it’s too blunt, she thought to herself.

A man was pulled from behind one of the bookshelves by the woman who had walked off moments ago. His scent was so strange, she couldn't place it at all. When she heard a low rumble from Llop’s throat she instinctively put her hand on his head to comfort him. The smell obviously disturbed Llop which made Jaye feel very uneasy. This whole situation made her feel very uneasy now that she thought about it.

She walked a little closer to the group so she could hear their conversation, find out if this was actually something to be concerned about.

“And I don't give two dog tail wags who or what you are, you ain't my boss."….

Give two dog tail wags??... What a strange figure of speech…

Jaye was so confused. These people didn’t seem to know what was going on either. The aggression, fear and confusion was evident in their manner and speech. It was so thick in the air she could smell it.

Llop stalked right by her side, sniffing, a deep rumble coming from his throat. It was only just audible to her so she knew they wouldn’t be aware of his aggression. Jaye decided to stay just out of the main clutter of the group just in case things didn’t go well, she would be able to escape quickly. Llop however continued towards the group. His nose was twitching furiously as he took in all the new smells. He circled them till he was standing behind the man called Zaris. She saw his mouth twitch revealing his teeth. Llop could also smell that abnormal scent coming from him.
    Then it hit her...
    It was…

Blood...

9. nomadpenguin

nomadpenguin Member

Disciple Manning

No one had bothered to answer Disciple's question. More lunatics were appearing by the minute. He was really digging these chicks though. He always liked a fiery woman, although shooting electricity was taking a bit far. Disciple decided to steer clear of her. But Tina seemed like a good candidate, and he could teach that other girl a thing or two about revolvers. He was looking forward to that.

"You, girl with the guns. How about you put those away before you end up hurting yourself?"

It seemed he had remained silent too long.

Disciple did a loud slow clap, the kind that movie villains always use after watching the hero struggle hopelessly.

"Well, Zaris, what do we have here? It seems somebody is trying to replace me as the number one asshole in the room. Many have tried and many have failed."

10. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

What the hell? This dog is getting on my nerves. Wait a second, crap... The dog doesn't seem like it will attack unless ordered by its master. Gah, this is to distracting something else is out there but I can't put my finger on it.

"Would someone kindly call this dog back? I need to focus here. I am done waiting for someone to tell me there is nothing else out there. I am going I will meet with you all later after I'm sure everything checks out." Zaris took one step forward and leaped of faster then anyone could see.

Now that I am separated from the group and that dog, it is obvious that the little girl is the one that we are all waiting for an explanation from. So that means my objective is clear the girl must be protected at all costs til she provides the answers we require all others are expendable if they interfere.

"Darn it, that skirmish with Tina took more out of me than I thought, then again she did pump enough volts into me that I landed flat on my back after just one hit. That leap was to slow anyone with a keen eye could track me. I just hope no one is stupid enough to follow or get in my way, whatever is out here is dangerous and needs to be taken out as quickly as possible." Zaris whispered to himself as he slowly and cautiously stalked the shadows in search of the target he had been sensing.

What is that smell? I know that smell... Zaris felt a sharp pain in his side, and as he placed his hand over where the pain was he felt a warm liquid touch his hand, Zaris raised his hand and then he saw it. His Blood...

Eh, just a scratch probably happened when I fought that Tina girl, either way it was careless of me and I could have been the one leading whatever is out here towards the others... Ha, screwed up again didn't you, Zaris?

11. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Tina Sharp

Tina watched as Zaris complained that he feel something else out there. Boy, he sure is a whiny one. He began to stalk off into the darkness so Tina sighed and asked. "Why don't you just hit the lights?" She placed her hand on a nearby light switch and pushed upwards. Half the library lit up while the other half by the door remaind dark. Everyone blinked painfully, including Tina. Some raised their hands to cover their faces as their eyes ajusted. The girl with the guns jumped back from the computer and looked up with a confused expression. It was funny, though she couldn't imagine the confusion that poor girl must have been feeling. She looked like she back from the cowboy days.

In the brighter light she was able to see many more faces. A man with a leary expression was staring straight at her as if she was a trophy to be won. She sighed and looked at Zaris whose side was red. Blood? Odd, she hadn't stabbed him or anything. There was a girl behind her with a dog of some sort that was sniffing at everything. She was worried that at any moment he'd lift his leg on someone. "Go pee on that vampire dude." She whispered to him, though she doubted he understood.

12. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Lylaunna "Lyla" Jenks

Lyla walked from the computer to the front door of the library. "To hell with just waitin' round here like sack of potatoes, I'm gonna go see round the town...fig'r things out myself!" She stated, annoyed with her situation. When Lyla looses control of anything, annoyance is the first thing to come to her. Without waiting for an answer, she bolted out the door.

Her eyes widened and her body froze as she peered out at this new world from the stoop of the library. Car horns honked and people dressed in "unusual" clothing walked about with small objects up to their ears that they talked into. Instantly, she was shot the strangest glances from strangers confused by her old western clothing.

She slowly backed back into the library where the others were. They were strange, granted, but at least they all seemed to be as confused as she was.

"If ya'll hadn't gone out there yet, I highly suggest you don't.. somehow we've entered into a world from the future.. I'm not even sure we on Earth anymore.." She said quietly, peeking back out at the world through a window.

13. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

"Where is it?!" Zaris quietly growled to himself, whatever it was it liked hiding and it did it well. Suddenly the lights flashed on causing him to go blind for a second however he quickly recovered. "Damn... They just gave away my position to what ever the hell is out here." Zaris was clearly frustrated at this point tried to move as quickly and silently as he could to the other half of the building which for some reason the lights hadn't turned on. But, in moving like this Zaris had not accounted for as bad as his wound truly was and the moment he entered the darkness he yelped in pain and fell to the floor.

You really are dumb aren't you Zaris? What happens now if something decides to attack you? You only have two choices now, fight like the wounded MONSTROSITY you are... Or just roll over and let whatever is coming slaughter you like a little lamb?

"Well, preferably I would like to say I died with some honor but I fear I have lost too much blood to do much of anything against a full on attack, and I will not kill another human just to keep myself alive!" Zaris told himself between gasps of breath.

And why wouldn't you? You know that all it would take is one weak human life to heal your wounds and then you will be perfectly fine again.

"I will not KILL AGAIN!" Zaris grunted as he forced himself off the floor and began to lean on the wall for support, and began walking deeper into the shadows.

14. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

Julian Romanov

A grin spread across my face. I just knew she was going to succed this time. I watched as her tiny frame poised for takeoff. She looked at me, and I saw fear in her eyes.

"Jenna, you have to be confident. Tell yourself that you will NOT hit a tree." I said reassuringly.

Her features softened, and she closed her eyes. I could hear her whisper to herself that she would not hit a tree. We'd been going over this all day. She just had to learn our speed and coordination or else. Or else she would die. I can't be at her side at all times.

"Go, love. You can do this." I chided.

I watched as she sprinted forward, too fast for the human eye to see. Only my eyes could see as she dodged every tree in the forest, turning, on her way back to me, I could hear her hearbeat. It was not frantic from over-exertion. It was from joy. She was doing it!

I smiled genuinely as she raced the last five miles back to me. Only a few more seconds and she would be back in my arms, I could hear her joyful screams now. I opened my arms to catch her, just in case, and closed my eyes, embracing myself for her excited impact.

Suddenly, there was a flash of light. I felt a change in air pressure and a temperature change. Instead of the calm air of the forest, the erratic heartbeat of my newly turned soul mate, and the birds singing their joy, I heard voices. Confusion settled in. I opened my eyes immediately. I was not in the forest. I was between two bookshelves in a dark library, and Jenna was gone. What has happened?

I didn't have to concentrate very hard to hear what the voices were saying. Instead of focusing on that though, I wanted to know more about what had happened. What would happen to Jenna if I didn't somehow get back home? I was the only other vampire she knew! Worry for her crept through my entire being. Then.... I noticed something... I concentrated on my sense of smell, heightening it. There was of course, humans. I'd smelled them as soon as I'd gotten here. But... there was something else. I sniffed. A dog. Still normal. Metal, gunpowder, and a hint of marijuana. One of these humans has a gun. I hoped it wasn't the one who was high. I wasn't threatened by a gun, I can easily dodge a bullet. However, the other humans might be in danger. Not that I care about humans a lot, they all die anyway. But there is no sense in one thinking they can kill others. I needed to investigate this person...

But.. still... something else was out there.. Something not... human.

Something threatening.

That's when I heard the words in a cold, flat voice. "Whatever is out here is dangerous and needs to be taken out as quickly as possible."

I froze. As still as a statue so no one could hear me, I even held my breath. Whatever the smell was, I could tell it was this cold voice that it emanated from. I could smell his breath as he spoke. It was unnatural. I focused on to this being even further. I could hear him, even though he was silent to human ears. I heard as he came closer. The aura that was gievn off by this creature was cold, and deadly.

The lights suddenly flickered on, and I felt exposed without the cloak of darkness.

I prepared myself for battle immediately.

Then I heard that same voice say, "I will not KILL AGAIN!"

Just in case this was to throw me off, I stood my ground. I would not attack unless attacked.

15. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

Zaris smelled something this is what he had sensed before something just as dangerous as he was if not more. Still leaning against the wall for support he knew in this state he was no match for whatever was out there and bound by is word that he would only return to the group if it were safe, and with his wound like it was it wasn't safe for anyone to be around him anyway...

"I know your here, show your self I can here your heartbeat and I have sensed your presence all night." This was a terribly risky move for Zaris, on one hand he would finally see what exactly he is up against but on the other he would be far to weak if it decided it wanted a fight.

This is gonna be bad either way, because if this is what I think it is, it will most likely want me out of the picture for good.

Zaris yelped once more in pain loud enough that the whole group even though they were far away could hear him and fell to the floor.

Ha, didn't mean to yell like that, now I am dead for sure...

16. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Roxy Xalider

Chaos. That's what was happening. Fictional characters from different worlds fighting, talking, flirting, and growing impatient. Roxy didn't know what to do. Her stomach lurched and she knew her lunch would escape if she wasn't careful. After taking a few calm breaths, she looked around at the clutter and a sudden idea formed in her mind.

The characters seemed distracted by each other, so she went over to a pile of books. Grabbing the first familiar ones she saw, she threw the books on the table loudly.

"Okay listen up! I'm happy you all are getting a long so well, but I know you want answers. And here they are." Roxy motioned to the several books she had on the table.

"We are on Earth, just maybe not the same Earth you're used to. I have you all here for a reason, but I really need you all to believe me. Take a look at these books and let me know what you think."

A painful yell echoed in return from across the library. Roxy groaned with annoyance, and randomly picked up one of the books. She cracked open the spine to start reading about Tina fighting ninjas. She'd much rather be reading these dramatic scenes than experiencing them. This wasn't going as planned.

Pheonix likes this.
  17. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

As I waited, nothing jumped out at me. Instead, I began to sniff the creature's blood. It smelled familiar, but... different. I had never smelled this kind of blood before. It did not smell like a human. It's almost as if...

Then I realized. It smelled like me. A deadlier version of me anyway. Maybe it was just my instinct preparing me for the worst.

Suddenly, I heard a thud, someone leaning on a bookcase. Really close by. Too close for comfort. I steadied myself... ready to defend myself. My fangs elongated at just the thought.

"I know your here, show your self I can here your heartbeat and I have sensed your presence all night."

What? This... creature that smelled like me, he can sense me? He must be more like me than I anticipated. Maybe it will be okay if I come out with my hands up, just in case he doesn't want a fight....

Then, I heard a lady yell. "Okay listen up! I'm happy you all are getting a long so well, but I know you want answers. And here they are." Roxy motioned to the several books she had on the table.

"We are on Earth, just maybe not the same Earth you're used to. I have you all here for a reason, but I really need you all to believe me. Take a look at these books and let me know what you think."

I heard a yelp from the creature, and then a thud. The creature had collapsed! But who is this lady yelling at? I know the creature was listening, his breathing stopped while she yelled even thought he had fell...

I listened... he wasn't getting up. I heard his erratic breathing, and his heartbeat was frantic although I could smell no fear. I decided maybe it was time to show myself like he said. Peacefully.... gently... but prepared...

I listened for him to move once more before I followed his breathing. Once I was sure he was not getting up, I moved silently. I cam out of the aisle I was in, and focused on him. He was two isles over. How close he had been to me without me even realizing! This thing was dangerous.

I made my presence know before I came into view, so I would not startle him. "It is me you sense. I have sensed you as well. I do not want a fight. I do not mean to startle you. I am coming around the corner to your left now."

As soon as I saw him, I could tell he was hurt. I did not know why. It is best that I find out why first, then if there is something else here to be taken care of, I can go silence it.

"Creature. I can smell your blood, and it is like mine. Are you.. a vampire? If you are, you are not like any other vampire I know."

18. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

Zaris was leaning against a bookshelf, he could hear something over his erratic breathing from the pain of his wound. He paused his breathing for a moment when he heard a young girl's voice yell.

"Okay listen up! I'm happy you all are getting a long so well, but I know you want answers. And here they are. We are on Earth, just maybe not the same Earth you're used to. I have you all here for a reason, but I really need you all to believe me. Take a look at these books and let me know what you think."

Books? Well looks like I won't get my answers after all because whatever it is I sense its coming...

"It is me you sense. I have sensed you as well. I do not want a fight. I do not mean to startle you. I am coming around the corner to your left now."

Does he really not want to fight or is this just a ploy to trick me into trusting him? Even so I should be prepared.

As Zaris began to see the figure step out to his left just as the voice said and it also had its hands raised. Then Zaris heard its voice once more.

"Creature. I can smell your blood, and it is like mine. Are you.. a vampire? If you are, you are not like any other vampire I know."

Zaris winced before he spoke the pain was almost to great to bear. "Yes..." He said gasping for air. "I am what is known to this world as a vampire and... The reason I am so different to you is because I am the original... vamp-" With those last words slipping from his mouth Zaris passed out from the pain but still very much alive although his wounds wold need to be tended to immediately or he wouldn't be for much longer.

19. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

While I was waiting for the creature's response, I heard the girl saying something about a woman named Tina fighting ninjas. Odd. It seems there is something going on, and we need answers.

The the creature winced, "Yes." He seemed to have trouble breathing. I almost felt pity for him. But I was still a little wary. "I am what is known to this world as a vampire and... The reason I am so different to you is because I am the original... vamp-" .... and then he passed out.

I knew it was not fake. I could hear his heartbeat slow. I noticed the blood. He was not healing as he should. He needed to drink. And he needed it now. And... whatever this is that hurt him... could be after me.

I started to act before I made my decision. My instincts knew that two vampires were better than one. I quickly used my teeth to tear a hole in my wrist, and before it healed, I quickly squeezed some of my blood onto the wound. I knew this would help to heal him, but he desperately needed to drink if his wounds were to be fully healed. Still... as the girl kept talking about a ninja fighting woman, I watched as his would slowly began to heal. I kept my mind ready for when he awoke, I would offer my assistance to help kill whatever is threatening all the innocent people. As his wound healed, I thought I saw some of it was charred. Fire? There was no fire here. Maybe he was electrocuted? I did smell something kind of like electricity, but it was very faint.

I noticed then he coughed.

Slowly, he opened his eyes and stared at me.

"I mean you no harm. I am Julian. We need to put whatever has harmed you to silence before it reaches these innocents." I said, and I reached my hand to him to help him stand.

20. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

Zaris smelled fresh blood and some of his strength had been returned as his wound slowly began to heal. He coughed and opened his eyes slightly. The vampire was helping him but why? Any normal vampire would have killed him so it could have all the humans for itself. It was then when the vampire spoke to Zaris.

"I mean you no harm. I am Julian. We need to put whatever has harmed you to silence before it reaches these innocents." Julian slowly helped Zaris stand.

Zaris couldn't help but chuckle even in his dangerously weak state. "This wound was mine to bare I will not allow anything else to be harmed due to my faults, and this wound was caused when I first arrived to this world. Right before I was transported here and in the mess you see me in now I was attacked, by a were-wolf, somehow the were-wolf I was fighting had managed to charge his claws with electricity and he got one lucky swipe on me that's all," Zaris' breathing was growing heavy again. "and I have reason to believe that it was transported here along with me to this world, which is why I came alone to find it even in my condition, the were-wolves of my world are only targeting me so if I either die by the were-wolf's hand they will stop hunting, but if I kill it they will just send more to hunt me..."

Zaris' eyes slowly closed again and he fell over onto the bookcase he was leaning against prior. Zaris spoke once more eyes still closed "I cannot allow the were-wolf to reach the mortals, it will be tracking my blood if it is truly here. As I am sure you are aware now the were-wolf's of my world are much more intelligent than the ones legend portrays. It will slaughter them all if there was even a trace that I was among them. This is all my fault, I have just put all of you into unnecessary danger."

Zaris stood on his own now and opened his eyes. "I will lead you back to the group, then I shall depart once more to search for the beast on my own, Julian, I am in-trusting you with the fate of the mortals tell them what has happened and that they probably will not see me again, much to their pleasure I am sure, why would a monster like me ever be welcome among them." A single tear ran down Zaris' cheek as he began to think about the Tina of his world.

21. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

As I listened to him, my hairs tried to stand on end. A were-wolf? Could this be the dog I smelled earlier?

No. That dog was completely normal. I knew so.

SO what if a true were-wolf were here? And could this vampire fight in this state? Surely not. Still,someone needed to pretect the humans. And I would rather it be me since I am uninjured. Maybe this vampire could keep the were-wolf occupied long enough to warn the humans.

I agreed he could lead me back to the group. I needed more answers.

And.. what about Jenna? Did she notice I was gone? I looked over to the vampire who's name I still didn't know, a I saw a tear escape.

I knew what I had to do. A whisper would help this vampire.

I gained eye contact, and began to whisper to him.

"There is no time for weakness. You must find someone to drink but do not kill them. Take only enough that it heals you and occupy this were-wolf if it is here. We have to get out of here if what you say is true. I will keep them safe, and you will keep yourself safe. At all costs. You will find it easy."

I then allowed him to take me to this group.

Although when we got there... it was not what I expected.

They were all human looking, but each had the look of a different era. Some looked to be dangerous fighters. Others just looked insane. So many different smells.... The lady that had been talking was sctually only a small girl, reading out of a book about fighting ninjas. There was one woman who looked hysterical as the little girl read about the ninjas. She looked dangerous. I kept myself wary as this other vampire began to speak to them, letting them know our presence. I knew he would succeed. I knew my whisper helped. He had the strong voice of confidence.

22. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

As Zaris began walking Julian, placed a hand upon his shoulder and whispered to him.

"There is no time for weakness. You must find someone to drink but do not kill them. Take only enough that it heals you and occupy this were-wolf if it is here. We have to get out of here if what you say is true. I will keep them safe, and you will keep yourself safe. At all costs. You will find it easy."

Zaris brushed his hand off is shoulder, and stared back into his eyes. "I will not drink... I will fight this beast alone and I will destroy it even if it costs me my life..." Zaris back to his cold tone and burning stare.

As the two vampires reached the group, Zaris stepped just far enough out of the shadows to announce Julian's arrival.

"I have brought another one to join in our little quest to find the answers we seek, his name is Julian, please welcome him I know I have not been as friendly as I could have possibly been when I first met you all, please allow me to apologize for my faults and burdens and it is with that I must leave you all now, I have my own battle to attend too, Julian, please do as I have asked you..." Zaris turned around and slowly sank back into the shadows...

23. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Skyeesha the Tomekeeper

The wooden planks shifted and bumped against one another as she walked across them, looking around at all the people who were staring at her from below. She couldn't help but feel scared, but she understood the reasons for all of this. A few people near the back waved, and she could see some were crying. Others looked unsure of what to do, and there were a few who were there just to see the action.

She approached the wooden block, long marks gauged into it with stains of deep red that were never washed out. The curved cutout was also stained red, a bit more than the little canyons that the ax made. It was designed for a bit of comfort, but who could feel comfort when laying there was beyond her.

Skyeesha blinked a few times to stop the tears from falling; she wanted to still appear strong, to the crowd, to the big burly man resting an ax on the ground, and especially to herself. The executioner looked at her, and she almost thought he felt sorry for her. It didn't surprise her.

She finally got to the block, and she knelt down, her arms uncomfortable from being tied behind her back.

"Lay down," a man said. He had been walking her to the block, and he gently pushed her forward until her head was nestled in the cutout. She looked in front of her, seeing her pack, the only thing in it her precious Tome. It was the only thing she'd ever needed in the world, and the temptation to jump forward and touch it was hard to resist. They had graciously allowed it to be there, for her to see it in her last moments, even when she had asked it be kept far away from her.

You can still get out.

She swallowed, looking over to the executioner, who grabbed the handle of the ax.

"Skyeesha Tomekeeper, you are sentenced to death by beheading, on this 20th day of summer of the 923rd year. Have you any last words or requests?"

She took a deep breath. "No."

She watched the executioner pick up the ax, and lift it above his head. He swallowed, also probably nervous about the whole thing. Then, he brought the ax down, towards her exposed neck, and it stopped just inches from finishing her off.

After blinking, she found herself still kneeling, her head resting on a bookshelf covered with disheveled books. She looked around nervously, frightened of what had just happened. Where had she gotten to?

"Hello!" She heard some talking from nearby. "Is anyone there?" She tried to stand, but there was a cart of some sort behind her, and she couldn't get up. "Someone help!"

24. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Jaye Audolf

Things were getting crazy. Jaye didn’t really believe in magic, she’d heard about it but it was always mentioned when talking of places far from her own. It wasn’t part of her life so she had never had to think of it but what was happening here, there was no other way to explain it.

This has to be the work of a very powerful mage, she thought, that was until the young girl took credit for them being here. She told them to read some books that she dropped on the desk in the middle of them. Then she picked one up and started reading it. At first it made no sense to Jaye but the look on one of the other ladies face made her realise that the child must have been reading a book on her…

But how was this even possible.

We live and breathe… Or at least I thought we did… I can’t be a character from some book someone wrote…

Jaye pinched herself as if to prove she was real. Curiosity finally one Jaye over and she moved round the group to the desk. Picking up a book, she started flicking through the pages. This one was talking about some knight or paladin fellow, she looked up and sure enough there he was standing in front of her.

Oh sweet mother of earth, what in the name of wolves is going on here, this can’t be real!!!

Yet there was no other way to explain it. She picked up another book, this time it was talking about some none human but human looking creature that sucked human blood… Like a leech, she thought. Realization hit her like a falling arrow. That must be why he smells like blood. And the newest one to arrive had that same smell too.

Someone help!

The cry pulled Jaye from her building thoughts. It had come from behind one of the book shelves. Llop had heard it to and was heading in that direction to investigate. Jaye followed him quickly, partly from the feeling that someone was in trouble and scared, partly to get away from the two blood drinkers. She rounded the shelf and found Llop wagging his tail at a girl stuck between the shelf and a cart holding more books.
    She ran over and reached a hand down to pull the girl free.

“Don’t be afraid, we will not hurt you.” Jaye said reassuringly knowing how it felt to be pulled from whatever situation one was in to this place.

“My name is Jaye and this here is Llop.” Llop yipped as if in acknowledgement of what his master had said.

“Let me help you up!”

25. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

Julian Romanov

After the other vampire was gone, I looked forward where everyone looked up from their books (from the looks it could have been a casual book reading) just to stare at me for a second, then everyone went right back to the chaos that was going on before. People were reading books, and seemingly very upsetting books. I heard hearts racing, the projected thoughts were strong but I could not hear them individually. These people are scared. I tried, but I could not distinguish the thoughts from one another, it sounded like a meaningless hum. I had never experienced this. I am not a Listener, I cannot read minds at will. Therefore I can only hear thoughts that are projected. This happens when people are distracted and these people were each faced with ther own dilemma, they were definately distracted. The girl that was closest to me had the dog which I now saw was a wolf. Beautiful creature. It looked at me and sniffed, cocking its head to the side. It did not understand me. If this were not a confusing situation, I would have chuckled.

"Hello!" ... "Is anyone there?" ... "Someone help!"

We all heard this, and it was the girl with the dog who went to investigate. I could fill her in later. I needed to know what was going on. There were two books left on the table, and I noticed another book soared throught the air and landed with a plunk beside the other two. I picked it up. As I read the back I discovered it was about a Tomekeeper with magical abilities. I put it down and picked up one of the other books. This book was about a vampire who was made in the future, but was not fully created because he was ordered to be destroyed. His maker sent him to the past. I turned to the front of the book and I gasped...

There, on the front cover of the book... was the other vampire.

What? How is this possible? Disbelieving, I threw that book down and picked up the last one. Turning the book over to read the back, I read....

The book was about me.

How? I am no character. I am alive, I am real.

I looked up, and the little girl who had been reading the book aloud earlier looked at me sympathetically. It seemed she was very frustrated with the turn of events.

I had suddenly forgotten everything that I had to tell everyone. I just wanted to go home.

That's when I heard talking not far away.

“Don’t be afraid, we will not hurt you.”...

“My name is Jaye and this here is Llop.” ... "YIP!"...

“Let me help you up!”

It seemed we had another visitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.