Spellbound Story Hour

Discussion in 'Archive' started by JessWrite, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Sal, Lissa

Lissa rubbed her hands together, grinning mischieviously and glancing back and forth. "This is gonna be fabulous", she cooed. "What spells should I use? The Sorcerer's Dance, Doomfall, Elemental Spheres, Plague of Flies, Ultra Pulses, Hexbolts..." She trailed off and reared around to stare at Roxy. "Roxy, oh my! You sitll don't know how to do anything do you? i have been neglecting my duties as your personal tutor!" Lissa skipped over and looped hands with her distant cousin. "Alls youse have to know is finding your own groove, my dear. Let your emotions take form and then conjure some flares, maybe a biblical plague or two--whatever comes out will be your own..." Lissa babbled on as she explained the importance of centering yourself before your attempt any spellwork and other witchy tidbits.

Salemaiah sighed dramatically and picked up Needy, who had been washing himself. "You're with me for now, kitty-cat", she mumbled. And she was shocked and surprised when the cat looked her dead in the eye and thought-spoke: Do you have any snacks...? Salemaiah gawked and shook her head, slowly.

2. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Jonquil and Bella: Blind Fury

"Um...hey, you seem very quiet." An awkward moment passed, "So, ya it's pretty crazy all, this stuff. Do you have a name?"

Jonquil glanced up, startled out of her reverie. She knew she had never seen the teenager before. "Jonquil Georgiana Merriweather." She replied politely, her accent rich and lilting. "And as far as crazy goes, you haven't seen half of it. I thought I had, but now my vision is blind. The planes are warped."

Wrathfully she threw herself to her feet, the up ended bucket went tumbling. Thunder rumbled overhead as a huge bank of clouds billowed up out of nowhere. "It isn't right. Our powers, the songs are welling, but I can't see. The world is returning to a primordial state, rich with magic, tangible songs, a paradise for the Lores and those like them. We're fighting to save a race that would see ours brought to ruin, all because of that damned Blood Debt."

Golden fire shimmered in her eyes as lightning crackled through the air. "I died for them once, my world was shredded as a result. I won't be granted another chance. I'm not going to let it happen again."

"Jonquil." Bella's voice snapped like a whip. "You need to calm down..."

"Give me one, damned reason why I should, Bella." She ground out. Tendrils of smoke danced about her face. "They have done nothing to deserve our help. All they have done is bicker, criticize, and whine."

"And just what do you think you're doing? The evil of our world is out there, even as we speak. You've seen what the shift in the planes has done to us; there is no way of knowing what it has done to the Hag. I need your help. Even if you won't do it for them, do it for me." Bella's eyes were almost black with their intensity as she laid down her trump card. "Do it for Aidan."

Jonquil rounded on Bella, knocking the smaller girl to the ground, a snarl tangled in her throat. "Aidan's dead!" Jonquil screamed. "Self destructed as I watched. I won't go back to that." Bella misted as Talon tackled Jonquil, pinning her with his massive weight. Isabella struck with the speed of a cobra, whipping a fold of her cloak over her cousin's head.

Jonquil fought to throw off the weight, but Bella was darkkin, preternaturally strong. She was also the more experienced fighter. Power shivered in the charged atmosphere, a palpable wave of rage washed across Bella's heightened senses. It wasn't coming from her struggling cousin. This was a primal fury, one she had felt before. "Damn it! They've made landfall."

Jonquil heaved beneath her, a keening wail of desperation filled the air. The wild flail nearly sent Isabella sprawling, but she managed to retain her hold. "I need a little help over here." Bella called out, as Jonquil wriggled out from under Talon.

3. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Dexter stuck a cigarette in his mouth and let a whistle escape his lips. Dexter knelt down in front of Jonquil. "It took long enough but you finally showed your true colors." He said laughing at the Darrkkkin. He couldn't help it Talon on top of Jonquil was just to hilarious. "Hey lets play a rhyming contest. Jonquil needs a chill pill, Jonquil needs a chill pill." He sung with childish glee.

Pickles walked over to Bella a small smile on his face. He saw that things were becoming strained with the Darkkin's. He tapped Bella on the shoulder. "What's can I help you with Miss Bella?" Pickles asked saluting

4. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Roxy

"That's all really helpful stuff Lissa..." Roxy muttered as her enthusiastic cousin rambled. But soon enough her attention shifted towards the sudden thunder, lightning, shouts, and lashing out.

"I need a little help over here."
    Bella called out.

Roxy pulled away from Lissa's grasp and walked to stand next to Pickles. Her eyes shone with worry as she looked to the darkkins.

"Jonquil, I know you've had enough of me, of all of us, but please listen to me." Roxy said quickly. She realized she had only a matter of time to say what she could. "I know we don't deserve anymore help from you or deserved help in the first place. And I know by bringing you here against your will, that was wrong of me and again, I'm sorry." She shook her head as tears stung at her eyes. "Everything you've said is true. I just didn't want to admit that you were right."

No matter what her classmates thought, during the time she'd been away she'd shared a life with these characters, real people with a heart, mind, and soul. They hadn't fully abandoned her, even if they'd wanted to. They'd stuck closer to her than a friend ever would, yet she'd wanted more from them. Always more.

Roxy swallowed hard as the events came back to her at full force. "Jonquil, I'm not asking anymore from you; if you want to run, that's fine. But now this isn't about me, or my parents, or magic. It's about us. Everything needs to go back to the way it's supposed to be."

5. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Magnolia nodded in agreement. "Yes Roxy is right I dear say, so stop throwing a hissy fit child, the last thing we need is for you to start acting like a spoiled brat, we have enough kids already. " Magnolia scoffed.

Pyria elbowed the queen giving her an annoyed glance, then she went up to the struggling dragon. "Whether we deserve your help or not does not matter. we need to help each other or we will not survive the coming storm. So just calm down and you can start by telling me who you are." Pyria extended her hand. "As you know I'm Pyria. and you?"

6. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

The Lores: Molten and Mellow

Pickles walked over to Bella a small smile on his face. He saw that things were becoming strained with the Darkkin. He tapped Bella on the shoulder. "What's can I help you with Miss Bella?" Pickles asked saluting.

"Find something to blindfold her with." Bella muttered. "She can't shift if she can't see."

"Mimi..." She cried out. "Please. Don't just stand there."

The little dark haired waif glanced up, her chocolate brown gaze, suddenly ancient. Talon backed off as she approached, seeming to bow in reverence as she made her way into the fray. Jonquil wriggled and stretched like an eel, finally she managed to break free of Bella's hold. But she wasn't quite quick enough to escape Mimi, who reached out a small hand, brushing it alone Jonquil's forehead. The petite darkkin went down like a ton of bricks, pinned to the earth by a thin shimmering veil.

Sprawled on her stomach, Jonquil couldn't gain leverage. She scowled at Mimi, who kept her bound. "You need to do as Bella suggested and calm down. Listen to them."

Roxy swallowed hard as the events came back to her at full force. "Jonquil, I'm not asking anymore from you; if you want to run, that's fine. But now this isn't about me, or my parents, or magic. It's about us. Everything needs to go back to the way it's supposed to be."

Loathing and rage shone hell fire bright in Jonquil molten metal eyes. "But you don't know how to do that do you? Every time we have tried to get answers you balked. You're a bloody coward, too afraid to stand on your own. You don't think, look beyond what you know, or even try. Why should we keep hoping that will change?"

Magnolia nodded in agreement. "Yes Roxy is right I dear say, so stop throwing a hissy fit child, the last thing we need is for you to start acting like a spoiled brat, we have enough kids already. " Magnolia scoffed.

Jonquil snarled, twisting her face away as Mimi, the smallest member of the group went toe to toe with the deposed Queen, but her words were aimed for both Magnolia and Jonquil. "What do you know of children? Do you judge them by their souls? By their words? By their hearts? They believe in the impossible, when all light and hope has failed. They know of blind faith and total trust. They know how to love unconditionally and most of all, how to forgive. They are the reason the Lores have survived as long as they have. It is children who shattered the effects of the Fadings."

An eerie, fluted keen filled the air. A silken lament of dragon song. Pure threads of violet Spirit, spiraled out of nowhere, probing for weaknesses in Mimi's force field. There wasn't the smallest hint of space to be found. The weave was dense and effortless. "Listen to them, Jonquil. Please."

Pyria elbowed the queen giving her an annoyed glance, then she went up to the struggling dragon. "Whether we deserve your help or not does not matter. we need to help each other or we will not survive the coming storm. So just calm down and you can start by telling me who you are." Pyria extended her hand. "As you know I'm Pyria. and you?"

Mimi felt Jonquil relaxing within the bindings of the shield, it morphed with her, becoming malleable as she regain her composure and a little more control.

Blowing out a frustrated breath, Jonquil slowly got to her feet, her eyes returning to their normal rich, warm brown as she politely shook Pyria's preoffered hand. Her manners were quick to reassert themselves. "Jonquil Merriweather of the Darkkin." Glancing to either side of her, she introduced the other girls. "My cousin, Lady Isabella Moncrieffe of the Darkkin Tribe and Miss Mimi Sinclair, a Lore."

7. Exzalia

Pyria smiled while Magnolia simply rolled her eye's. "Nice to meet you, you are a strange dragon indeed but I hope you will consider me an ally." Pyria looked her up and down curiously, quiet small for a dragon lady. " I don't fully understand your friends way of speaking, or how you got here or why you are upset, all I know is that this world is standing on the edge. As long as we help one another we'll pull through."

"I'm Josh." The thin teen said hesitantly a little freaked from the violent display. "You have sort of a temper there huh?" He added nervously.

8. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Sky

Sky watched all, disappointed. Emotion was the source of so much weakness. No, emotion was a strength, but failing to control emotion was where the weakness lay.

Sometimes Sky still wished that he could feel like Jonquil did right now. He had mostly lost emotion, lost that strength, in the face of cold logic. The human brain can only process so many things at once before emotion takes over. But, Sky was different, his mind altered. He could compute things that no other living person could, but, because of the horrors of his life, he could never feel the same way that others could. He could make judgement as to right and wrong, know when someone was deserving of help, and realize what was expected of him if he wished to be free of corruption, but he could only ever simulate empathy, anger, sadness.

Something inside of him had become disconnected, ruptured by the way he had been dealt with by fate.

When he had arrived in this world though, he had at first felt the stirrings of some forgotten thing called emotion. But it had only been a glimmer, and had not lasted long. But even now, even though he may not have realized it, it was there, slowly growing back, a dead part of him. And this regrowth was fueled by the faintest touch of envy at the emotion that all these people showed, constantly.

He felt like a dead shoot in the midst of a garden. Not everything growing was beautiful, but at least it was alive.

"Raging against nothing accomplishes just that, nothing. If we're going to find this man, we should get after him before he slips away," Sky said, calmly, maybe a little sadly.

9. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Roxy

"But you don't know how to do that do you? Every time we have tried to get answers you balked. You're a bloody coward, too afraid to stand on your own. You don't think, look beyond what you know, or even try. Why should we keep hoping that will change?"

Jonquil's words packed a punch, causing Roxy to take a physical step backwards. "I...I...do know." Roxy stuttered as tears threatened. Her voice was soft, barely could be heard as she stared wide-eyed at the darkkin. Shame crossed her face as the truth dug deep in her heart. Still her feelings were hurt; after all this time had Jonquil lost faith in her? Did she not realize she was trying her best? What did she expect her to do, go crazy and risk getting killed? Even then, she'd probably say she was irrational.

Roxy shook head to rid of the negative and took a struggled breath. She stood tall, shoulders back. "Jonquil, you're right. I am and did all those things, but can't you see I'm trying to change? It takes time and effort. And if you want me to act like you, that's just not going to happen," Roxy said. "I'm different than you. I can't be someone I'm not, can I?"

"Raging against nothing accomplishes just that, nothing. If we're going to find this man, we should get after him before he slips away," Sky said, calmly, maybe a little sadly.

"Sky is right, we need to go." She sent a glare in Jonquil's and Bella's direction. "You both are probably going on your own with Talon, right? Or are you going to stay in touch with us this time?"

10. Exzalia

"We should stick together." Pyria stated bluntly, there is no reason for us to split up. She got to her feet and headed off in the direction of their destination. "Well? Shall we be off?"

"Count me in." Zad responded, "We are closer then we have ever been we have no time to loose."

11. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

"Sky is right, we need to go." Roxy sent a glare in Jonquil's and Bella's direction. "You both are probably going on your own with Talon, right? Or are you going to stay in touch with us this time?"
    "Don't bother with the dragon-ladies. They'll come if they come." She said as she checked the sharpness of her katana.
    "Well? Shall we be off?"
    "gods, yes!" Tina said grumpily. She hated standing around and doing nothing. She re-sheathed her katana and gave a light smile. "Let's move out, troops."

12. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Lissa, Sal

Lissa sighed dramatically and ended with a nasty snort. "This is the most unnecessary group of flibberjibbits I haveever met, like ever..."

Salemaiah's ears perked up. "You say 'flibberjibbit', too? That's probably my favorite word in the world."

Lissa cackled. "Oh, yeah, I'm a huge fan of fake cussing. It does the job, clean and simple. AND WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT, NEEDY!?!?"

The cat had been staring at Lissa from his perch in Sal's arms. IF Sal wasn't mistaken, his lips had actually curved into a little cat-smile. Was that even supposed to be possible? Lissa stomped over and thrust her face into Needy's.

"Tell me what you're smirking about," Lissa growled. "I'm tired of you calling me 'queen' all flippant like. I like you, kitty-cat, but you're too mysterious, even for me. SPIT. IT. OUT." She twitched her fingers and agitated red sparks fizzled into the air.

I am not a cat, my lady...I am a 'constellation' you might say, Needy began in his smug telepathic voice. If you were to look through a telescope to where the collection stars is located that form The Cat constellation, you would find that it is not there, and it has been missing for eight years, the exact number of years I have been on this Earth. I am looking for the reincarnation of Bastet, goddess of protection and feline power. And you, my dear, have a fragment of her spirit inside of you. That is why your magic is tainted with Egyptian scents and attitude as of late. You are more powerful than you know...

Sal was astounded. She didn't even know which part of what the cat had said was most incredulous. But Lissa just squinted and sniffed haughtily.

"Just what I thought, you couldn't tell the truth to save your mangy butt," Lissa said, straightening up and stalking away. She shouted to the others, "Okay, lets go! Listen to Teanie Beanie, she's got a good head on her shoulders, even if she ain't always sociable..."

Sal put Needy down and whispered, "Were you telling the truth about all that stuff you said...?"

Maybe, the cat responded, and then it scampered off after it's witchcraft-y mistress.

13. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    ignore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.