Spirit Club

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Daniel sighed heavily and cracked a smile. "Yeah that jerk's right." He stated pointing at Tommy. "You are the girl that Claire pays people to leave alone. Man that must suck for you." He stated in a apologetic way. Daniel stretched. He wasn't leaving until he got some answers. Maybe some detective work could sort it out. "How many of you have a suspect in mine? No need to say yours Dawn, I'm positive we all know who you think it is." He stated with a grin

2. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

"I really don't know, but mine said something about secrets too...I wonder which one the sender wants to reveal."

"All of them" Rafael grinned "just kidding" he quickly added as he saw the horror on Dawn's face. "Anyway, I suppose it is something we have in common." he glanced around and chuckled "and I can't see much that we have in common."

3. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Dawn Garnet

"Yeah that jerk's right." The talkative guy stated pointing at Tommy. "You are the girl that Claire pays people to leave alone. Man that must suck for you."

Dawn frowned. Way to rub it in. She didn't need to be constantly reminded. Just walking the halls everyday to be greeted with averting eyes and dodging teens was enough. She felt bad for Claire, stooping so low to try and prick and prod at her. Dawn's heart was hurt by it all but she tried not to show it. That positive motive alone seemed to give her more cold shoulders.

"Anyway, I suppose it is something we have in common." The paper airplane guy glanced around and chuckled "and I can't see much that we have in common."

"I don't know, maybe." Dawn shrugged her shoulders, giving a shy smile. "Though, I've always heard that secrets don't make friends. Which is kinda true in my case."

4. Kingtype

Daniel was about to speak but stayed his tongue once he saw a new comer. But oddly enough this was a person each one of them knew quite well, or at least better then each other. It was man in his mid to late 40s. His salt and pepper hair starting thin at the top of his forehead. He was dressed in gray formal attire as he always did in the school. He had a faint smile on his face and his dark brown eyes scanned each of the kids. It was their principal standing before them. He sighed heavily and started to speak. "Pity I was hoping some more would show up." He stated flatly

5. Macaberz

Rafael

"Pity I was hoping some more would show up."

"So I was right" Rafael smiled as his paper airplane collided with the prinicipal's head. He wondered how much the man would appreciate the fact that he had been tossing his detention card around, but whatever. He knew the principal quite well from earlier, incidents. Though he had been on a clean slate for the past few weeks, the result of taking more caution and being more stealthy with his mischiefs.

He wanted to ask what this was about but he remained silent. Best not to move into the foreground too much. Not yet.

6. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Tommy

"Pity I was hoping some more would show up."

Great it was the principle. "What is this some kind of joke?" Tommy said with an exasperated sigh. "You're the one who sent the emails?" He didn't know whether to laugh or punch the guy.
    "Explain yourself or I'm calling the cops and telling them you've been touching us all inappropriately." He said sarcastically.

7. Macaberz

"Explain yourself or I'm calling the cops and telling them you've been touching us all inappropriately."

Rafael frowned at Tommy's boldness. Clearly he was more brawl than brains but Rafael remained silent, curious to see the principal's reaction.

8. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Luke Evergreen

I think we should all just calm down. I looked around to see everyone being pretty hot headed. "Intead of threatining each other and or yelling at each other maybe we should try and figure out what all this is about." I had no idea what this was for but we were getting no where. And I still didn't know any of these people. "Umm I am a little late to the party. But I'm Luke. Anyone else wanna give some names?" I put my hand on my dead black hair and sighed. I wondered if any of these people were trouble makers. But I was about to find out. Then I saw the grown man who was the Principal walk up to us.

9. JessWrite

Dawn Garnet

Dawn turned to stare at the principal, her mouth gaping. It hadn't been Claire? Well, Claire did know the principal pretty well. Not in a bad way either. She practically worshiped him at his feet and every chance she could get she complimented him in her sugary sweet way. No one had any idea how fake that was. But, you're a fake too...

"Stop it." She muttered to herself. She glanced up to see that she may have said that louder than expected. "I mean...hello Sir." Dawn took a deep breath, racking her brain for the right words. Tommy had taken the initiative already and not in the way she would choose.

"Umm I am a little late to the party. But I'm Luke. Anyone else wanna give some names?" The quiet boy spoke up. He looked a few years younger than her. Despite the unease she felt, she smiled. "I'm Dawn. I think I may have seen you around before. Are you in the middle school?"

Gesturing back to the Principal, she managed to speak, but it took all she had to keep her voice steady.

"Sir, we were hoping you could tell us why we're here exactly? Please?"

10. Kingtype

The principal yawned. Most called him Mister Simmons but he wasn't acting like himself. He seemed a lot more laid back then normal and though not looking any younger, he moved his body like a professional soldier or something of that nature. Simmons smiled wisely at the kids. "I'm not your principal.....well in away I am. I have all his memories and I'm using his body as a host." Simmons stated as if it wasn't a weird thing to say. He then coughed and held up his hand before any of the students could speak. "As for why your here, I needed a private place to gather you all. This wasn't my first choice but it did the job. Anyway the main reason I contacted you all, was to let you know about the new after school club you will all be joining. Its a bit of community project." He stated with polite smile. Simmons looked at the students confused faces. "Something wrong?" He asked

Daniel simply stared at his principal in disbelief. He was positive he had lost it. He didn't even have to listen after the first few sentences it wasn't hard to tell. Daniel looked at his fellow students. "Hey guys I think we should contact the police or something. Mister Simmons may have finally snapped." He stated

11. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Luke Evergreen

I looked at Mr. Simmons. And then heard what one of the guys said. And I responded as such. "Yeah he might have. Are you telling me that you are forcing us into a afterschool activity. With no notification of parents, or anything of the sort." I looked around the room with my red eyes, evaluating the situation. I scooched over towards Dawn, being confident as possible never talking to a high schooler alone.

I got close to Dawn, hoping she wouldn't get away. I asked her about the other students. "Hey Dawn. Who is everone here? What are their names?" I was curious about the anger going between them.

12. Macaberz

"Something wrong?"

"Several things. First of you claim not to be Mister Simmons but you are using his body as a host, that is creepy. Second, we all will be joining sounds like you are going to force us into doing so if we do not agree, that too is creepy. Thirdly, you all send us an email threatening to reveal our secrets and then tell us to come alone to a dark parkinglot at night, that is creepy. Number four, you are creepy." Rafael said. "Now do you want me to rattle of a few more reasons or can we conclude that yes, you are creepy and yes, that is wrong?"

Rafael had been slowly walking towards the principal all the while, folding and unfolding his detention card in his hands as he did so. Now he stood in front of the Principal, close enough to see all the little bumps and wrinkles in his face.

Rafael cocked his head somewhat, taking Mister Simmons in. He did not really appear that different, it was just that the mannerisms had changed. Perhaps he'd turn out to be a proper maniac and shoot them all. Or at least he would try for Rafael of course knew a trick or two.

13. Kingtype

Simmons smirked. "Wouldn't be the first time I've been called creepy. As for notifying your parents that was quite simple, they weren't that hard to convince that their kids, will be attending an after school program. Some it just took a little push." Simmons stated stoically his left eye shined with bright light for a moment. He sighed as if he was bored. "But I brought you all here together to more or less let you know in person, I chose to meet late because I like to be ominous, but I assure you I'm far to nice to be a pedophile or a serial killer." He stated without a hint of sarcasm, but he kept his smile on. He walked closer to the students. "Besides as far as your parents are concerned and everyone else you all joined the Earth Club. In actuality we should probably be discussing plants, keeping litter off the streets and recycling." Simmons let out a massive laugh. "But I'm sure you've all realized that's not what we will actually be doing. Instead were gonna put those Spirit powers of yours to good work." He stated cheerfully. He looked at their confused faces again. "By spirit powers I mean what you kids would call your superpowers." He stated flatly

Daniel was a bit stunned. Alright so he did know about his secret, but that still doesn't explain a lot of things. Like for one what the hell was Mister Simmons planning to do with them. Daniel started slowly charging an attack in his fist. He was contemplating on blasting his so called principal a mile away. But he wanted to hear the others responses first.

14. Macaberz

"Instead were gonna put those Spirit powers of yours to good work.""

"Too bad I am leaving." Rafael stated and he turned around to walk away. He wasn't going to play Mr-Creepo's games.

15. Kingtype

Simmons gave a laugh and turned to look at Rafael as walked away. "This may sound a bit cliche lad. But Region Square Elementary is the school your sister attends correct?" He asked, already knowing the answer

Daniel's eyes snapped on Rafael to see how he would react. Daniel had thought Rafael had a sibling but he found it very unsettling that Simmons or whoever this really was knew about it.

16. Macaberz

"This may sound a bit cliche lad. But Region Square Elementary is the school your sister attends correct?"

"Funny, I do not recall telling you that." Rafael shouted over his shoulder. He was going to cycle back home, Mr. Creepo would have to wait with his Earth Project. No, the only thing Rafael feared was Dad, who didn't really appreciate it that his son managed to get himself into trouble with authority figures all the time.

"Cya all! Oh and that is reason number five...or four, I lost count" he shouted as he waved his hand.

17. JessWrite

Dawn Garnet

"Hey Dawn. Who is everyone here? What are their names?" Luke sided up beside her and Dawn flinched out of habit. Being close to people was not something she was used to, especially next to a boy.

"I'm actually not really sure," Dawn replied, "That guy with curly hair and glasses is named Tommy and that's all I know..." She was interrupted as the Principle, who to her surprise said he was not the Principle, spoke a bunch of craziness. He was possessed or something, knew of their secret powers, and wanted to help them use them. That must mean that everybody here had one. Dawn shifted her eyes, looking at each of the guys suspiciously.

Paper airplane dude then stated he was leaving and Dawn watched him turn around to walk away. Until 'Principle Simmons' try to taunt him with more blackmail. Dawn wondered if he had a power himself...maybe he could predict the future.

"Cya all! Oh and that is reason number five...or four, I lost count" the boy shouted back as he waved his hand.

"Stop. Don't leave before you know the full truth." Dawn whispered into the boy's mind, although the voice itself would be his own. All of these guys needed to take a chill-pill, they were so high-strung.

18. Macaberz

Rafael

Stop. Don't leave before you know the full truth, Rafael thought to himself. Who was this guy, clearly it wasn't Mr Simmons, or at least not anymore and he knew a thing or two about his powers. Their powers, curiosity started to rise in his chest. Nah, I should head home, he's trying to scare me that much is for certain but what could he possibly do? Chat your ears off? Rafael glanced back at the small group and then continued to walk away. He felt relaxed and was taking it easy, Mr Creep-o would have to come with something really special to get his attention back.

19. Kingtype

Simmons looked at Dawn happily. "Thank you Miss Garnet." He stated with a nod. He then coughed. "I suppose I should stop being so cryptic, you kids these days never like to have any fun. Your city is danger, its becoming a bit of hot spot for well....things not all that good. Since Mister Rafael won't be joining us, I suppose its up to you four. How many of you know of the murders going on lately?" He asked the kids. But his voice echoed enough for the walking away Rafael to hear. There had been a rather gruesome string of murders in the area recently, all of the bodies had been viciously mutilated.

Daniel nodded. He had heard about them and at this point if he had to pick a suspect for a killer it would be Simmons. The guy or whatever he was wasn't really screaming sugar and sweets.

20. JessWrite

Dawn Garnet

Dawn frowned when the guy kept walking. Had it not worked? It had to work. Still, she didn't understand why she didn't leave too, but curiosity had got a hold of her. These other guys must have powers like her. The fact that she wasn't alone in this 'normal' world was almost a comfort.

"Why are you thinking about yourself? Stay. They need you." Dawn tried again. The guy sure had a strong-will though, he may be harder to convince than her teachers. She did sort of regret whispering to Mr. Adams to change her C to an A.

"Thank you Miss Garnet." Dawn jumped, startled. Her eyes flickered to Mr. Simmons. How in the world...? Maybe she should follow paper airplane dude afterall.

21. Kingtype

"I would refrain from leaving Miss Garnet, many people will be killed if I'm left with no one in The Earth Club." He said Earth Club with a very sarcastic tone. In fact it may be a possibility one of your sisters may be a victim of this killer, not to mention countless others. I wonder if any of you could live with that? Probably." He stated as he fixed his brown tie.

Daniel gulped. It was his turned to speak up. He wanted to leave, but strangely he couldn't help but ask a question. "Why can't you do it?" He asked curiously. Daniel wasn't convinced that this so called club was just to learn to harness their gifts. But he was relieved to learn that he wasn't the only one. But now mister odd ball was talking about murder.

22. Macaberz

How many of you know of the murders going on lately?

Why are you thinking about yourself? Stay. They need you. Rafael thought to himself. And now Mr Creep-o was talking about murders. Perhaps this was going to get juicy after all. He hesitated, then he used blink to move himself behind a closeby car. He would eavesdrop on the situation from there. Oh how many times had he blinked himself away just before a teacher could catch him in one of his...expiriments. Rafael loved his powers but never bragged about them, he was humble and smart enough to realize that it would rather mark him as a freak than a hero. Besides, he did not really strive to be a hero, just to have fun.

23. Kingtype

Simmons smiled at Daniel's comment. "My employer made it very clear I was not intervene but instead gather you. I'm afraid I can't reveal why? But lets just say things happen for a reason. But I assure you this is all for a good cause. Haven't you kids ever wanted use your powers for something a little more interesting." He stated flatly. "Besides as I said there is a high a chance this killer may target someone in the city you have a personal connection with. But that's only a possibility." He stated pointing at his eyes.

Daniel shrugged. He didn't know if he believed Simmons, but he had heard about the murders and really didn't want anyone close to him get hurt. He sighed he glanced at Dawn to see her reaction. Simmons had brought up her sister. He had to see what the others would say first.

Simmons smiled to himself. He knew Rafael was watching. But he wouldn't call him out on it.

24. Macaberz

"Besides as I said there is a high a chance this killer may target someone in the city you have a personal connection with. But that's only a possibility."

That is reason number six, Rafael thought to himself. Whoever this man was, he was seriously into threatening people. His heart began to beat faster as he thought of his little sister and his mother and father. He swallowed down a gulp, should he leave and take the risk that Simmons would kill someone close to him or would he play it safe and stay in the loop?

Both were not very attractive options but, he couldn't be too certain with Mr Creep-o. He blinked himself back to where he had been, turned around casually and thus made it appear as if he were walking back.

"Alright Mr. Simmons, it seems I can not find my bicycle." Rafael grinned "so, what's the deal?" he asked as he put his hands in his pockets.

25. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Tommy

He stood there listening, not saying anything. There was definitely something off about all this. But Tommy didn't care about things like serial killers and superpowers... or spirit powers, whatever they were. But even he knew that that wasn't true, deep down. He'd always wondered why he had the ability to leave his body, or make ice just appear places. But he damn well didn't want to join any earth club. So there was the dilemma, curiosity about things that he wasn't supposed to care about was pulling him in. The whole not caring thing was pushing him away.

He wasn't to concerned about anything bad happening to the people he cared about. There weren't many. Maybe his older brother, on a good day. But he was usually to busy running what was left of the 'family business'-- which evolved being surrounded by danger and armed thugs--to really be in to much danger. His mother could rot, the depths for all he cared. She didn't care a lick about him either, all she cared about was money and appearing at the slim Philadelphia social scene.

"So, Mr. Simms, do we get anything out of this? Y'know, other than avoiding the graphic deaths of our loved ones?" Sarcasm was a staple of Tommy's daily speech, and this was no exception. But he decided that if there was some advantage, he might play along, for a little while at least.