Spirit Club

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Nathan

So, 1/b = b+1/1, so b^2 + b = 1, and b^2 + b - 1 = 0. We apparently have a quadratic equation, so we can take out the quadratic for-

The sewers, the vampires are nesting in the sewers. They take what pray they have left alive there. You lot will be heading down there.

Oh yeah, the vampire-hunting. Right.

"Well, that kind of sucks. Sure, you say vampires will be easy to defeat, but what about disease? I don't want disease." Nathan had always been a slight germophobe, and at times, more than slight. The thought of these microscopic creatures, some not even technically alive by definition, invading and consuming his body put him on edge.

"What if the vampires have some kind sickness from the sewers? Maybe it'll be like the Europeans and the Native Americans, with us succumbing to it easily because humans never had a natural resistance to it. Of course, the opposite might be true for vampires. Who wants to get the flu and check to see if we can kill off the vampire population with it?" Nathan was only half-joking about the last statement.

2. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

"You lot will be heading down there."

Rafael frowned. "Yea right we will be heading in the sewers for you to kill some hungry vampires because...? Because you say so? Or because your boss says so?" he said. "So you are telling us to go down there...or else? More threats I presume?" Rafael was getting somewhat angry by now. It had been a bad joke from the beginning but this man seemed to expect full co operation and one hundred percent obedience. It was therefore all the more exciting to do exactly the opposite.

3. Zachary Langferd

Zachary Langferd New Member

So much talk. That's all these kids are full of. Talk talk talk. They all think they're so smart, with snappy comebacks and arrogant questioning. What do they really know? Nothing. And now with the nerd, we got one of everything. Swearing bitch, child, macho hothead, invisible stripper girl, bookworm girl, and smart mouth kids. All we're missing is suicidal emo kid. Oh, and a gay kid.
    I shook my head. "And so we find that they're gutless, along with everything else. I just need a starting location, sir. Killing vampires will be a welcome change of scenery." I grin, mirthlessly. "Besides, this'll root out all the wusses."

4. Macaberz

"Besides, this'll root out all the wusses."

"Ouch dude. I felt that one, right here" Rafael said sarcastically, pointing to his heart. "Well, at least we have a volunteer to go down first, if he is as tough as the size of his arrogance suggests then I think we can all go now" and with that Rafael began to walk away.

5. Zachary Langferd

"Well, at least we have a volunteer to go down first, if he is as tough as the size of his arrogance suggests then I think we can all go now"

I smiled. "And there goes number one. Please, everyone else follow. Single file if you wish to be orderly. It'll make my day." My smile widens. At least one of them, most likely more, will stay just to piss me off after that.

6. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Dawn Garnet

"Climate change will impact agriculture and food production around the world due to..."

Dawn continued reading, trying to get her science done. If she got this off her to-do list, then she'd only have to write the paper on Global Warming, start on the English paper about Shakespeare's motivation, study for the algebra test, and fight vampires.

Dawn sighed as the guys' voices grew louder. They were huge jerks, all of them.

"Could you all maybe shut up? For a minute. Some are trying to prepare their minds." Dawn said while messaging her temples.

7. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Nathan

Right, so where were we at? b^2 + b - 1 = 0. Well, using the quadratic formula, we get:

-1 + sqroot(1 - 4*1*-1) all over 2

That simplifies to -1 + sqroot(5) all over 2. That's what b equals. So, we now have b+1 all over a, and a equals 1, so we just add one to the equation.

1 is the same as 2/2, since we need a common denominator to add them together. -1 + 2 is 1, so our final answer is that phi equals 1 + sqroot(5) all over 2. Neat.

Now onto those logarithmic laws...

Please, everyone else follow. Single file if you wish to be orderly. It'll make my day.

Nathan's brief break in computing allowed this bit of speech to reach his ears, and he was jerked back to reality. Somewhat.

"Single file? Are we leaving already? Can we practice with our powers or something? Why should your day be made by this?" Nathan squinted at the student speaking. His hair had a similar messiness to Nathan's, but he was much taller, and somewhat frightening. Probably a Junior or Senior.

"So, who would you be?"

Some are trying to prepare their minds.

Tell me about it.

8. Zachary Langferd

"Could you all maybe shut up? For a minute. Some are trying to prepare their minds."

"Your mind ain't gonna save you when you've got a vampire sucking your blood. You don't even know if your mind will help you at all. Who says vampires think, feel, or reason remotely like humans? Stephenie Myers? Yeah, we totally believe her. Far more likely to be found are sadistic monsters. The mind is frail. Easily bent, quickly broken. Faith in that will get you killed. Trust me, I know."

"So, who would you be?"

I glanced at the nerd. "Someone not amused nor interested. I'm here for the show, and the possibility of some violence with serious opponents. And if any of you are self-obsessed enough to think I mean you, you're sadly mistaken."

9. Macaberz

"Could you all maybe shut up? For a minute. Some are trying to prepare their minds."

Rafael ignored Mr. I-am-the-best dude and glared at Dawn. "Hate to break it to you but unless you are reading up on how we are going to kill vampires I say its no use to study. Even more so because we will probably be dismembered, mutilated or otherwise severly maimed before the end of the day. Zachary will be lucky though, even vampires have taste, he will just rot away. End of speech, please carry on." Rafael rattled.

He wasnt sure what to make of Dawn but she did not seem to fit in.

10. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Nathan

Someone not amused nor interested. I'm here for the show, and the possibility of some violence with serious opponents. And if any of you are self-obsessed enough to think I mean you, you're sadly mistaken.

"Jesus, do you have to write that on the 'name' section of every assignment you do? That's horrible. Maybe you have a shorter nickname that you use...

"My name's Nathan, by the way. It's a pleasure meeting you, I think." As usual, everything said was slurred and rapid.

11. Zachary Langferd

"Jesus, do you have to write that on the 'name' section of every assignment you do? That's horrible. Maybe you have a shorter nickname that you use...

"My name's Nathan, by the way. It's a pleasure meeting you, I think."

I rolled my eyes. "No. Sometimes I mix it up a bit. Every once in a while I'm 'someone tired with being stuck with dumbasses'."

12. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Daniel shrugged and looked at Johnny. The guy sure liked being depressed and a hard ass. Daniel decided to dig a little deeper. "Hey Johnny boy how come you gotta be such a.......tight ass? " Daniel asked with grinning. He then looked at Dawn. "I'd suggest you prepare with holy water wallflamer." He stated smiling. "That's your new nickname wallflamer." He said to Dawn

Simmons started laughing. "Its amazing how some of you are, truly humans are something else. This only the test run to see if you kids can handle things in the supernatural world. Besides if you don't go a few parents maybe losing children. The vampires have a very lovely collection. "So Breakfast Club any more questions?" He asked

13. JessWrite

Dawn Garnet

"Your mind ain't gonna save you when you've got a vampire sucking your blood. You don't even know if your mind will help you at all. Who says vampires think, feel, or reason remotely like humans? Stephenie Myers? Yeah, we totally believe her. Far more likely to be found are sadistic monsters. The mind is frail. Easily bent, quickly broken. Faith in that will get you killed. Trust me, I know."

"No you don't. Stop being a jerk. Listen for once." Dawn whispered into Johnny's thoughts.

His words though, had put fear into her heart. Half of her power depended on the mind, and who knew if vampires could go deaf. She'd never hit anybody in her life, how could she be any use?

"Hate to break it to you but unless you are reading up on how we are going to kill vampires I say its no use to study. Even more so because we will probably be dismembered, mutilated or otherwise severly maimed before the end of the day. Johnny will be lucky though, even vampires have taste, he will just rot away. End of speech, please carry on." Paper airplane dude said.

"Well fine. But are we going to have a strategy or what? If not I'm going to get real stuff done which includes science homework." Dawn said, forcing a smile. Hopefully, she wasn't the only one thinking ahead.

"That's your new nickname wallflamer." Daniel's voice reached her ears.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Dawn asked, her face with obvious confusion.

14. Macaberz

"No. Sometimes I mix it up a bit. Every once in a while I'm 'someone tired with being stuck with dumbasses'."

"Nathan, give him your most complicated problem, lets see how us dumbasses fare against you, Johnny" Rafael smiled. There was nothing funnier than egging a single brain cell organism on. Mostly because they managed to make themselves look terrible with every new word they managed to produce.

"Sorry" he mouthed to a rather annoyed looking Dawn.

15. Kademee

Kademee New Member

Charlotte Brooklyn

Mr. What's-his-face was talking to which-ever-kid in the what-ever-place about who-knows-what. Charlotte drowned them all out and just stared absently at her phone. It was off and she didn't have any new messages, but she was bored and it was a habit. Unfortunately, so was drawing on desks with her fingers, which just so happened to leave burn marks all over the scared wood. The smell of smoke reached beyond the haze of boredom and she looked for its source, only to realize it was her own fault the room now smelt like some oven.

"Hate to break it to you but unless you are reading up on how we are going to kill vampires I say its no use to study. Even more so because we will probably be dismembered, mutilated or otherwise severly maimed before the end of the day. Zachary will be lucky though, even vampires have taste, he will just rot away. End of speech, please carry on." Rafael rattled.

She rolled her eyes. Are they all this stupid? They probably don't even know what a vampire actually is. Some genius kid was sitting by himself, much like they all were, but he at least wasn't saying much. She decided to join him. Not like it could hurt. This kid probably just started changing his own pants.

Charlotte plopped down in the seat next to his, coming un-invisible at the same time and shooting him a lazy smile. "Keep that up and you might actually pass high school, kid."

16. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Nathan

Every once in a while I'm 'someone tired with being stuck with dumbasses'.

The phrase struck a familiar chord with Nathan. "My dad sometimes says things along those lines. Have you ever met an actuary named Nathaniel Sr.?"

Well fine. But are we going to have a strategy or what? If not I'm going to get real stuff done which includes science homework.

"Well, I still think testing vampire resistance to disease is a good idea. Also, have I met you before? I may have seen you in some of my classes."

Keep that up and you might actually pass high school, kid.

The girl had just appeared out of nowhere, and Nathan was thoroughly shocked before remembering everyone here apparently had powers. "Yeah, maybe I will. I'd just like to get admitted to a good college..."

17. Kingtype

Daniel snapped his hand. He was surprised she didn't get it. He looked at Dawn with a smiled. "Your wallflower, you have powers and you would probably be flaming if you wanted to ." He stated as he took a seat and kicked up his legs. He was now waiting to hear what Simmons was gonna say.

Simmons looked at his watch curiously. "Interesting we will be leaving in 5 minutes, any last questions Breakfast Club?" He asked once again

18. Zachary Langferd

"Hey Johnny boy how come you gotta be such a.......tight ass? "

"Well someone's gotta be something other than a dumbass, and I don't see you filling any role besides that."

"No you don't. Stop being a jerk. Listen for once."
    I frowned. That was my voice. I thought that. But what the heck? I would never think that.

"Nathan, give him your most complicated problem, lets see how us dumbasses fare against you, Johnny"

Stupidity always grabs my attention though, so I dismissed "my" previous thought. "Seriously? You think a little math determines brain power? What's the kid going to do, bore the vampires to death with lame jokes? What are you going to do? Make them cry with your oh so stabbing remarks about their mothers?"

"Interesting we will be leaving in 5 minutes, any last questions Breakfast Club?"

"Yeah, I got one. Are we allowed to kill other members?"

19. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Nathan

Interesting we will be leaving in 5 minutes, any last questions Breakfast Club?

"Can we maybe practice a bit or something? I don't know how we're going to kill vampires with something we don't understand."

20. Kademee

Kademee New Member

Charlotte Brooklyn

"Yeah, I got one. Are we allowed to kill other members?"

Charlotte had to smile at this guy's remark. "I second that. Anyone coming with us should probably be of-age, at least. Wouldn't want to make anybody's poor parents worry about them, now would we?" She shoved her phone in her pocket and watched the others with a rather obvious lack of interest. "And again, Mr. Simmons, are we going to get moving any time soon? I probably have rehab or something scheduled tonight. Don't wanna let down the supporters or anything." The sarcasm in her voice indicated she could obviously care less.

"And look, tiger. You might be a little young if you think we all got time to practice. How long you been here for, like two minutes? In case you haven't noticed, this ain't a training facility." She said to the young one, Nathan.

21. JessWrite

Dawn Garnet

"Well, I still think testing vampire resistance to disease is a good idea. Also, have I met you before? I may have seen you in some of my classes." Nathan said, looking to her. She sure was getting a lot of attention today, and not the bad kind.

"Yeah, I'm Dawn. We're in English together with Ms. Schafer," Dawn smiled at him, but he was already in another conversation with a more interesting girl. At least her clothes were interesting. Dawn would never wear anything that tight.

"Your wallflower, you have powers and you would probably be flaming if you wanted to." Daniel replied to her previous question.

"Oh," Dawn said looking back to her book. "You don't know me well enough yet. I don't flame and I don't even have that kind of power."

22. Zachary Langferd

"I second that. Anyone coming with us should probably be of-age, at least. Wouldn't want to make anybody's poor parents worry about them, now would we? And again, Mr. Simmons, are we going to get moving any time soon? I probably have rehab or something scheduled tonight. Don't wanna let down the supporters or anything."

I chuckled. "And someone with at least a single clue speaks up. This is the point at which the rest of you should be taking notes."

23. Kingtype

Daniel frowned sadly. He hated it when people got so up tight about stuff. "You don't need fire powers to be flaming, so you nickname is wallflamer." He stated to Dawn happily. He then turned and looked at Johnny and Charlotte. "So you twos gonna fuck or what?" He asked smiling. He then shook his head. "Oh I'm sorry meant are you two done kissing each other's asses yet?" He asked lazily

Simmons stood up and with a his faint smile. "I'm afraid you can try to kill each other. I wouldn't stop you, but I would report it the police." He paused and looked at its watch "You will be leaving in 5 minutes." He said

24. Zachary Langferd

"Oh I'm sorry meant are you two done kissing each other's asses yet?"

I smiled at him. "No, actually. We're just starting. Want to join us?"

"I'm afraid you can try to kill each other. I wouldn't stop you, but I would report it the police."

"Ooo, scary. Police. Those poor guys. They have no idea how to track my methods." I grinned and glanced around the room. "Sleep tight, everyone."

25. JessWrite

Dawn Garnet

Dawn pretended to be thoroughly engrossed in her science reading, but she heard the conversation. That too-tight girl and the Jerk were joking about murder.

"Seriously stop being a jerk. Does it make you feel better being all tough?" Dawn whispered again into Johnny's mind. She wouldn't normally taunt people more than once, but he had it coming.

"You don't need fire powers to be flaming, so you nickname is wallflower." She turned to Daniel, to look into his eyes.

"You can call me whatever you want, but I still don't get the meaning." Dawn looked back to study her book, as she calmed herself. Homework was way more fun than killing vampires.