STALKER: Call of the Zone

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Not the Admin, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Freda, Major Kuznetsov laughs at you.

“Sorry little one, but this here is a military checkpoint. If you want to get past, it’ll be in a body-bag! Unless,” he steps forward slightly to show confidence, “Unless you are willing to pay for your passage. Let’s say, 500 RU? Is that a deal?”

You remembered that you never brought any RU with you when you entered the Zone. You become worried, but you manage to keep your cool. Some crows fly over head violently, and you see some hounds running around in the distance. You look at the Major, and he looks at you impatiently.

“Well, what’s it going to be?”

Freda, what do you do?

2. mugen shiyo

mugen shiyo New Member

Personal Introduction

Name: Cadrei, Meitr
    Notable Aliases: n/a

Appearance Introduction

Eyes: Forest green with shades of brown
    Hair: Dark, short cropped
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 160 lbs
    Prominent Hand: da Lucky Left
    Attire: black cargo pants and black utility jacket well-worn
    Description: mild and observant

Occupational Introduction: scavenger

Specialty: Scavenger
    Hobbies: Maps...technology

Inventory (Basic Pack)
    (note: I am a few items short of the basic)

AK-74/2U 30 round magazine (0 gun/rounds)
    Binoculars
    Hunting Knife (2)
    Bandages (3) (make-due rags I cleaned as near as possible in a still functioning faucet)
    Med-kits (1)
    Rations (3)
    PDA
    Shoulder Mounted Flash-light (broken)
    Bolts (~) (what are these?)

PDA files (Maps and contacts – Add as needed)

Maps:

The Cordon

3. mugen shiyo

mugen shiyo New Member

Slightly confused. I'm guessing the "animals" and Stalkers are different. So the Stalkers do not have any abilities? And what are some of the abilities these animals have...an example so I know what to think around.

4. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

For further questions please address them towards the discussion thread. STALKERS are individuals who have entered the Exclusion Zone illegally in search of anomalous artifacts worth nice lump sums of Rubles. (RU) They have come to form factions within the Zone, but the majority of STALKERS are known as Free STALKERS, and they basically just go about doing whatever they feel like. An example of one of the more common mutants is the Bloodsucker. This particular mutant hunts in packs of two to three during the night. They have a special camouflage ability which allows them to become nearly invisible. A famous tactic that Bloodsuckers use and is known to many veteran STALKERS is the distraction method. One will reveal itself to you and then disappear, drawing your attention away from the Bloodsucker sneaking up from behind. Of course you could always consult the STALKER wiki pages for more information, but remember that your character cannot break the fourth wall. ;D Have fun in the Zone. Oh, and the bolts are used for testing anomalies. You can look those up on the STALKER wiki pages as well. They are quite troublesome.

5. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Meitr Cadrei, you take a deep breath from the cold, Ukrainian night and observe your surroundings. As your navigator had told you before he left, this is the STALKER camp. There is a fire going, but there aren’t many others around. You do notice a man wearing a gas-mask on his scalp so he can smoke his cigarette leaning up against a wall. He’s grumbling to himself about a man who failed to show up. You pull out your PDA and open your map of the Cordon. Just to the South is a bunker where Sidorovich is supposed to be. Maybe you should head there to get a job and earn some RU? Meitr, welcome to the Zone.

6. mugen shiyo

mugen shiyo New Member

Oh, lol. I'll bow out then. I thought this was an original story you just thought up or something. It would be too much research to catch up on the entire storyline and anything that has a wikipage has got to have a lot of back info going on. Better to avoid stepping on toes now :p

7. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Well my intention was to gradually introduce players into the 'world' of STALKER through description and events. The RPG requires no background knowledge what-so-ever, and I created the PDA system so you could look into things briefly when I handed the links to you. I merely suggested you look at the wiki pages because you were wondering about the mutants and what the bolts were for.

8. bluejays49

bluejays49 New Member

Freda looks around and notices that he has 6 friends behind him pacing as they walk. “Aw rats!” She says “Well, I guess I should start heading back to camp.” She acted very disappointed and started to walk back. It was still dark, and she knew he would not be able to see her, as she was around 30 yards away. She quietly ran to her right, hopping that she might be able to go up the hill next to the bridge and get past. As she runs she sees the dim light that the guards had lit under the bridge, and the guards standing around drinking and sharing a cigarette. She slowly started walking up the hill, making sure not to make a nose with every step she makes. When she got to the top she looked around. The shadows of the men make her jump. As she jump she stepped back just a bit. *crunch*, She stepped on what looked to be twig but was to dark to actually see. “What was that?” one of the guards yelled.

9. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Freda, even though these military dogs haven’t been too deep in the Zone, they still know to be cautious of all manner of things in the Cordon. One of them agrees to check it out; he turns on a flash-light and begins to walk towards you with his gun raised. You have little time to react, so you simply make a mad dash towards a building down the road. By sheer luck the military personnel did not notice you. Perhaps a sign of their incompetence? You lean up against the brick wall of the building to catch your breath. You hear the low, constant sound of a man moaning, barely making out the words ‘Help me’ as he struggles to stay awake. You lift your gun up and rest it on your shoulder tightly, ready to pounce on anything near-by. You slowly peak through a window and you notice a man lying on the floor, clutching his leg. Through further observation you deduce that the area is safe for now, so you enter the building through the door. The walls adjacent to you are gone, and a rubble pile of bricks lays where the walls once stood. You kneel down and grab the STALKER’s hand. He speaks.

“Please, STALKER… You have to help me.”

You have three med-kits, and just one would do the trick. His leg is somewhat mangled and he is in pain, but some pain meds and bandages from the med-kit would ease all of that and put him on the track for healing. Freda, what do you do?

10. bluejays49

bluejays49 New Member

Freda sits down next to the man’s leg, Grabs one of her med kits and starts to fix his leg up the best she can. “What’s your name.” she asked trying to keep a conversation so the man would stay awake. It would make it easier for her when she brought this man back to the camp to get him better medical help. The man, about to speak, yelped in pain as Freda worked. “I’ll tell you later.” Freda worked faster; she was almost done with his leg. She popped him a coupled pain pills and he shoved them in his mouth. When Freda got done, she sat next to the man very tired. “So, how’s the weather out here?” Freda asked trying to lighten the mood. The man chuckled, and looked at Fred with wide eyes. “So, why did you save me?” Freda stopped and thought for a second. “I’m a sucker for men in need.” She says grinning as she winked at the man. He smiled back and asked “No, really. Why did you help me? People have passed many times but no one even stopped to look at me.” Freda imagined this man sitting, yelping in pain, scared and hopeless as people just ignored him and kept walking as he begged for help. Freda spoke softly “I have no idea. Maybe I thought you were a man name Fox. Maybe I just saw a hopeless man and just couldn’t help myself. I just don’t know.”

11. Sepatar

Sepatar New Member

Personal Introduction

Name: (Saratoga, Lucius, Malek)
    Notable Aliases: (Sepatar)

Appearance Introduction

Eyes: (Blue)
    Hair: (Blonde, crew cut)
    Height: (6' 3")
    Weight: (120kg)
    Prominent Hand: (Right handed)
    Attire: (3 - piece Tux, Top hat, no shoes.)
    Description: (Mysterious, Calm headed, A merry drunk )

Occupational Introduction

Specialty: (Business Tycoon)
    Hobbies: (Gambling, drinking)

Inventory (Basic Pack – Add as needed)

Steyr AUG 30 clips of 30
    Telescope
    Hunting Knife
    Square Cloth
    Med-kits (3)
    Rations (7)
    PDA
    Flash-light
    Bolts (~)

Maps:

The Cordon

Contacts:

Sidorovich

Wolf

Petruha

12. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

I'm sorry. A tuxedo and a top hat into a Northern Ukrainian combat zone? And instead of using the inventory I told you to start out with, you switched out the AK-74/2U with a Steyr? Have you read the majority of the RPG so far? Do you understand the concept of a setting?

:I

13. BeeBrian

BeeBrian New Member

The Character Sheet (Filled out by every STALKER):

Personal Introduction

Name: Andrews, Matthew, Ludwig.
    Notable Aliases: The Grappler.

Appearance Introduction

Eyes: Red (wears contact lenses. REAL color is brown.)
    Hair: Black hair, short.
    Height: 5'6.
    Weight: 180 pounds, 10% bodyfat.
    Prominent Hand: Left handed.
    Attire: Mostly wears loose jeans and tank tops.
    Description: Loves violence and women.

Occupational Introduction

Specialty: Trained weightlifter since the age of 10 (YES, that is realistic believe it or not) and has a 40-inch vertical jump (in other words, he is extremely athletic and physically powerful).
    Hobbies: Go to bars, get in bar fights, fighting in the ring with all sorts of opponents

Inventory

AK-74/2U 30 round magazine (90 rounds)
    Binoculars
    Hunting Knife
    Bandages (3)
    Med-kits (3)
    Rations (7)
    PDA
    Shoulder Mounted Flash-light
    Bolts (~)

Head band with the IronMind tag.

(P.S. Hi guys. I am very new at this. Please forgive me for any newbie mistakes and PLEASE correct them.)

14. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Mathew, you are new to the Zone. Your old life was starting to bore you and you decided for a change of pace, which is why you spent a great deal of time trying to find it. Your guide has left you and you are now alone in the STALKER camp. You notice three STALKRES sitting around a camp fire, and one appears to be female. She is talking to someone who appears to be wounded. You pull out your PDA and pull up a map of the Cordon. Sidorovich’s bunker was just South of your position. It is the witching hour, and you hear the sound of gunshots in the distance. The moon is high and large, shedding light on the dark ground. The cold Ukrainian breeze nips at your face, but the distant fire is comforting. Welcome to the Zone.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

Freda, you and the wounded man sit near the fire and talk. Wolf is there as well, but he has been sleeping since you arrived. You also notice a new face in the camp. He is tall, muscular, and looks as if he is green as grass. You don’t bother with introductions, because you had business to attend to.

“As a matter of fact, I am Fox,” said the wounded STALKER.

At this you were surprised. You did not expect to be able to find him so quickly and so easily. You adjusted yourself and warmed your hands on the fire.

“I’m surprised you were able to carry my fat ol’ self all the way back here and past the military checkpoint,” he said, “And what’s a woman doing in the Zone anyhow?”

You have your reasons as everyone does Freda, but do you wish to spill the beans? The important thing is that Fox is safe and you did your job. The Zone’s cool air bites your toes, but the fire soothes your skin.

15. BeeBrian

BeeBrian New Member

Matthew cracked his knuckles and stretched his lats. "So... Is everyone ready for some action?" he said to Freda as he smiled. "I am not really sure why I am here, but I know we're not just supposed to sit here and talk..."

16. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

(BeeBrian, sorry but your character broke the fourth wall, which is against the rules. You're post was also short and vague, sorry. If you want I can simply reply, or you could work on something a little more thoughtful. At any rate, glad to have you here despite.)

17. BeeBrian

BeeBrian New Member

((Admin, my apologies. Please just reply for now. I have yet to know what the "fourth wall" is. Is that on the FAQs or is it an RPG terminology that I have yet to learn?))

18. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

(((Breaking the fourth wall simply means your character has prior knowledge that you as a player had, but that he as a character should not. All you did wrong was call Freda by her name (While in Character) when in fact you did not know her name. I will work on replying tomorrow some time, but it might not get up until Thursday considering I have both school and religion class tomorrow.)))

19. BeeBrian

BeeBrian New Member

((Understood. Let me refine my reply then.))

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

((Here is the revised version:))

Matthew cracked his knuckles and stretched his lats. "So... Is everyone ready for some action?" he said to the people around. "I am not really sure why I am here, but I know we're not just supposed to sit here and talk..."

20. slurpy_NinJa

slurpy_NinJa Member

It looks like this thread has died. If it ever picks up I'd want in. Admin where you at?

21. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

I am really sorry, for one the website had been acting up so I had pretty much given up even logging on for a while, and secondly, I had no idea school was going to be so... Intrusive might be the word. I've been so busy with projects and stuff, and I've also been trying to keep up with some of my hobbies, that there just isn't a lot of time. I will, however, try to keep this alive seeing as the site seems to be working well once again. Anyways, expect to see some new posts from tomorrow, as I am putting it on my to-do list.

Again, I am sorry.

22. slurpy_NinJa

slurpy_NinJa Member

no worries bro, I completely understand. could I go ahead & PM a character sheet?

23. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Yes you may, and [woops] I didn't get around to posting today. I feel horrible. :I

24. BeeBrian

BeeBrian New Member

((Welcome back. I am looking forward to resuming the adventure.))

25. Not the Admin

Not the Admin Banned

Thanks, as am I. I should have some time right after school today to get the latest posts done.