1. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.

Star Trek XI Teaser

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ferret, Jan 22, 2008.

YouTube - Star Trek XI Teaser
    *Shrieks and Giggles*

Comment. Nao.

2. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Ah Star Trek. Never has a show crashed and burned with such brilliance... no wait that's Firefly.

Nice. Asham none of the original actors from the series will be around. Have you looked at the new cast for the crew?

Star Trek Film Wikipedia

Check out the cast. Some of them don't look half bad. I could see them being the lucky bunch of space adventurers.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Talk about teaser! That's just unfair!

And how precisely did Firefly crash and burn? That series was perfection in 14 episodes.

4. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Only 11 episodes were aired. The other 3 only became avaliable via DVD. Indeed it was perfection, but it still got cancelled mid season. I call that crash and burning with a pure dose of awesome :cool:!

5. Raven

Raven Banned

I watched all 14 episodes on sci fi long before the dvd box set was released so that’s bull about it only airing the first 11 episodes.

Also the show didn’t crash and Burn because the idiots in charge of its air time Fragged up big time they thought within 9 episodes it wasn’t getting the hype it should be by the last moments of air time they axed it. Three months later they realised they’d screwed up big time because the fan base went mental. And began raising money for its return.

After 8 months the fans had raised enough to do the other half of season ones un-written 9 episodes. But by then it was too late so hence fourth came the petitions and the rest was pure magic not only did the net work realise they’d booboo’d but they couldn’t get the show back because Joss Whedon had signed a movie deal to return the characters but due to contracts red tape and what not the film was re-named Serenity and thus was born the film. Which was a Hugh success.

So my friend the show did far from crash and Burn.

And Star Trek also did not crash and Burn but they’d realised by season 4 they’d done one spin too many. So again same story axed but allowed to finish the season with its still Hugh big budget.

Then the fans again raised enough cash to fund season 5. by that time mr quantum leap Archer Scott Bakula didn’t want to return in a spate of B5 (Babylon 5) style tv movies So the set was closed down and all production was stopped.

And thus was Born the new concept stay in the prequel era and re-do the original characters bringing Pike back also.

On its success will be born the third generation dubbed to be the darkest star trek series. Providing a sequel deal is signed for the movie to continue. And it should do because those younger actors playing the originals have signed a 4 movie deal contract.

6. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Firefly originally aired on Fox and was later contracted to Sci-Fi. By the time it appeared on sci-fi it had been canceled for over half a year. Scifi only showed a single straight out marathon at the time and then two years later showed episodes every friday leading up to the release of serenity (This is US airing).

Your right though. The DVD's came out in 2004 and the last three unaired episodes aired on Scifi in 2003. My bad... damn I'm a nerd...

The show was screwed by a lack of advertisement, a bad time slot, and the fact that alot of people who would have watched were unaware of its existence. I didn't know this beauty existed until 2006.

Back on topic. Star Trek was great and it didn't crash and burn... until Enterprise and Deep Space Nine. Those were horrible. Still Star Trek's great. I love it.

7. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Ah, that J.J. Abrhams and his brilliant "keep it hush" marketing schemes. Just look at Cloverfield. I'm really curious what it's going to be like.

8. Banzai

:eek: Enterprise I was never a big fan of, but Deep Space Nine was the crowning glory of Stra Trek! It was the most real feeling of the lot!

Don't say that! Cloverfield was crap!

9. ValianceInEnd

Yes, yes I know Cloverfield wasn't very good. I'm saying that the reason people wanted to see it was because of his viral marketing which didn't show you much and really sparked your curiousity. He's doing the same with this film, and you have to admit it truely sparks your curiousity again. Brilliant J.J., brilliant.

10. Banzai

To be honest, with me the net effect seems to be pissing me off...

11. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Happy to go against the grain here and say the curiosity hasn't, nor will it, get me. :p

(for Star Trek ... I was had by Cloverfield)

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Woah... My nerd senses are tingling. Did someone just diss Enterprise?

13. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

You liked it? I thought Enterprise was the worst Star Trek spin off of them all, with DS9 right behind. Not to mention Enterprise skitted for three season on horribly low ratings (Except for the beginning of season one) and then the producers had to beg for a forth. Wiorst of all Enterprise storylines contradict some things from the Original Series and in NG.

14. ValianceInEnd

Yeah, you can't beat the goofy, yet classic original Star Trek. I just love William Shatner. :cool:

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Enterprise was a series of complex character interactions and difficult moral decisions.
    More so than DS9 or VOY.

16. Raven

Raven Banned

Sacralige. Burn 'em at the stakes